Precursor to Move??

MVJim

If you want to believe every rumor on espn, the internet, or twitter then that's your problem. How does anyone really know how Buddy conducted the search. Give him a chance.

Conspiracy theory? ... board survey?? :thumbsup:

It is amazing how certain teams conduct a search for a solid coach and get them quickly. Yes, we have usually taken what is left over. My point is why get all the fans stirred up in regards to firing Jauron with 7 weeks to go in the season so we can get a head start on all the available coaches and we now are the last in line (not knowing what the Raiders are doing and not really caring) for a HC and all assistant coaches. So much for a 7 week headstart.

We stirred the fan's interest by mentioning Shanahan and Cowher since Ralph was willing to pay big $$$ and we end up with the same old crap. When we play in Toronto, it sounds like a preseason game in that there is no enthusiasm from the crowd. And yet the league gives them divisional opponents in spite of the critical need to have those games played at the Ralph. And we don't say squat. That is clearly a sign that winning is secondary and $$$ is what counts.

Ralph's chances of laying out a contract of over $5 mill per season for a HC is about the same as Tiger Woods being faithful. It is all a bunch of BS. Our problem is that the fans care about the Bills MORE than those in charge. The Bills are playing the fans for fools and we keep buying into it.

Just call it what it is...entertainment with winning a secondary objective. We will not recover until we have new ownership which will probably make the wise business decision and move.

Conspiracy, probably not. Lack of integrity and loyalty to the fans, most definitely.

It is amazing how certain teams conduct a search for a solid coach and get them quickly. Yes, we have usually taken what is left over. My point is why get all the fans stirred up in regards to firing Jauron with 7 weeks to go in the season so we can get a head start on all the available coaches and we now are the last in line (not knowing what the Raiders are doing and not really caring) for a HC and all assistant coaches. So much for a 7 week headstart.

We stirred the fan's interest by mentioning Shanahan and Cowher since Ralph was willing to pay big $$$ and we end up with the same old crap. When we play in Toronto, it sounds like a preseason game in that there is no enthusiasm from the crowd. And yet the league gives them divisional opponents in spite of the critical need to have those games played at the Ralph. And we don't say squat. That is clearly a sign that winning is secondary and $$$ is what counts.

Ralph's chances of laying out a contract of over $5 mill per season for a HC is about the same as Tiger Woods being faithful. It is all a bunch of BS. Our problem is that the fans care about the Bills MORE than those in charge. The Bills are playing the fans for fools and we keep buying into it.

Just call it what it is...entertainment with winning a secondary objective. We will not recover until we have new ownership which will probably make the wise business decision and move.

Conspiracy, probably not. Lack of integrity and loyalty to the fans, most definitely.

Sad but true and well said.

Actually, before you post, you should look at the statistical projections for growth in the nations population centers combined with current numbers, not the 02 census numbers. There are a number of cities who are quite a bit larger population wise than Buffalo is at this time and they are continuing to grow.

Buffalo on the other hand, continues its exodus of people and the next census may actually shock a good number of people in this area, not only on how many have left, but on the age of those who remain. Sorry man, I was born and raised here myself, but the truth sometimes hurts.

Last population census was 2000. 2002 was economic census for businesses. Next census is this year.

Yes Buffalo is shrinking, but the combined western NY southern Ontario is 2 mil. As was asked how many cities have that many people in the area? Not saying it won't happen, but you have to look at more than just the population of Buffalo alone. South really isn't doing all that good of a job supporting teams. Weather is niice too long of the year to bother sitting in a stadium watchign a game, and for years there was little if any pro sports, so they followed college sports. Long time habits are hard to break. Sports have become saturated, hard to find cities to go to anymore. Cities have woken up, not paying for new stadiums like they were 10 years ago. Things are changing in the sports world. I'm waiting for the day a team folds. I'll put my money on hockey first a city like Phoenix or maybe Nashville? Or maybe baseball, Florida, Tampa??

Actually, before you post, you should look at the statistical projections for growth in the nations population centers combined with current numbers, not the 02 census numbers. There are a number of cities who are quite a bit larger population wise than Buffalo is at this time and they are continuing to grow.

Buffalo on the other hand, continues its exodus of people and the next census may actually shock a good number of people in this area, not only on how many have left, but on the age of those who remain. Sorry man, I was born and raised here myself, but the truth sometimes hurts.

Last population census was 2000. 2002 was economic census for businesses. Next census is this year.

Actually, the finalized 00 count was in 02, I'll dig it up and post the Fed and State links on finalized numbers and certification dates for ya, I deal in this from time to time on market research.

Yes Buffalo is shrinking, but the combined western NY southern Ontario is 2 mil. As was asked how many cities have that many people in the area? Not saying it won't happen, but you have to look at more than just the population of Buffalo alone. South really isn't doing all that good of a job supporting teams. Weather is niice too long of the year to bother sitting in a stadium watchign a game, and for years there was little if any pro sports, so they followed college sports. Long time habits are hard to break. Sports have become saturated, hard to find cities to go to anymore. Cities have woken up, not paying for new stadiums like they were 10 years ago. Things are changing in the sports world. I'm waiting for the day a team folds. I'll put my money on hockey first a city like Phoenix or maybe Nashville? Or maybe baseball, Florida, Tampa??

As with this, I will dig up the numbers for ya, there are other cities that will undoubtedly compete for the team. As for Jacksonville, not gonna happen, I lived in Duvall County for awhile while in the military, the plus they have going for them down there is that they are still growing. They did something very smart, they regionalized, the incorporated the City and County governments together, in all, there are only 4 communities in Jacksonville, the city and 3 beach communities, but the beach communities actually have seats on the city board as well. Removing layers of government, suppressing taxes as much as they can and they have the largest city land mass wise in the nation due to the merger. There infrastructure planning is one of the most modern in the nation. That city will continue to grow and the NFL will want a team there.

A couple years back I was down in Jax for a job interview, didn't work out, but I did very much like the city. I've said for awhile, Jax is the only city in Florida I'd move to.

Having said that, I'm not sure that Jax isn't too much of a college tow nto support an NFL team very well.

As with this, I will dig up the numbers for ya, there are other cities that will undoubtedly compete for the team. As for Jacksonville, not gonna happen, I lived in Duvall County for awhile while in the military, the plus they have going for them down there is that they are still growing. They did something very smart, they regionalized, the incorporated the City and County governments together, in all, there are only 4 communities in Jacksonville, the city and 3 beach communities, but the beach communities actually have seats on the city board as well. Removing layers of government, suppressing taxes as much as they can and they have the largest city land mass wise in the nation due to the merger. There infrastructure planning is one of the most modern in the nation. That city will continue to grow and the NFL will want a team there.

they will eventually move, and Id love to say that this is a conspiracy...but sadly its business as usual for the Bills...this is truly how poorly they operate and buy the lowest common denominator out there.

Ive lived in san diego 3-4 years and nyc about 8 yrs after 20+ years in western ny....met a dude at the bar last weekedn who moved to san diego from buffalo.....he smiled and said "theres a reason everyone is FROM buffalo...i nodded and smiled...so dang true. the bills will always be in my heart but sometimes i think the people would be better off without the Bills.

hoping the team gets sold to a group that wants to keep them in buffalo but doesnt seem to be much local money left there to pick up the slack

Most people don't realize that Ralph's estate gets MORE $$ if the team is still in Buffalo at the time of sale!

Pit WNY against LA, Toronto, and who knows where else.... The lease is up in 2012.... even now it costs peanuts to void it

PERFECT SCENARIO for a sale.. no minority owners to deal with, just a clean sale and an easy move

Given that, many different cities will line up to try to rip this team away and the price will go WAY UP because of that.

If they move to LA now, then they are not going ANYWHERE for a LONG LONG time, so investors from other cities who want a team in their hometown won't be in the picture, thus LESS MONEY.