"Mad" Mike Mularkey is a genius

zow2

Mularkey and his staff are awesome. Quiet public demeanor but the wheels are always turning in his head. To me, they were saddled with a very one dimensional QB and they have done their best to milk the most out of him and the offense. All the little gadget plays are nice and very welcome since the Bills usually have to run a very boring offense. Using D-linemen on offense in certain situations really helped in a couple games. I really think he has gotten about all he can get from Bledsoe this year. Let's face it, Drew isn't going to be able to win anymore in road environments...especially when the running game gets shut down. Cutting Shaw was another good move, promoting Fast Freddy, starting to get the TE involved again... etc. On top of that Mularkey has made special teams a priority using starters at a few positions and we still have a very stout D. I really like the future of MM and his staff. They don't sit on their hands and hope things get better.....they are constantly tweaking things. It's just too bad we are going to waste one of the best special teams seasons we've ever had and a very good defense in another non-playoff season.

Mularkey and his staff are awesome.

128408[/snapback]

You gotta give credit where credit is due. They're getting a lot of grief about their decisions about one player, but their TEAM just stomped the living hell out of the Rams. Every unit contributed to this win.

Now they need to get this show working on the road.

I actually think the play calling this year has been, in comparison with the GW era, amazing. At least Mularkey knows WHEN and HOW to call trick plays, as opposed to GW's Travis Henry halfback pass on the 5 yard line. I have this really warm and fuzzy feeling that Mike Mularkey is going to win Coach of the Year honors once during his tenure at Buffalo.

You gotta give credit where credit is due. They're getting a lot of grief about their decisions about one player, but their TEAM just stomped the living hell out of the Rams. Every unit contributed to this win.

Now they need to get this show working on the road.

128471[/snapback]

Two things... Miami had it's way with this St. Louis. What is Miami's record? It's not about one player. He cuts a veteran in Shaw but keeps the worst WR we have in Reed? Decides to start an undrafted rookie at FS? Damn good thing we got to the QB. Couldn't decide for about 2 weeks on having one RB? Throws in a unprepared rookie QB At NE when we are losing, but won't give him reps at home when we are winning easily?

Look I know yesterday was fun, it really was, but REALITY says MM And crew are 4-6 and still can't win on the road.

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday

Um, how about we wait until this staff brings home a road win, ok? Good coaches? Definitely. Geniuses? Let's hold off. ONE road win would be nice, considering the Bills likely will play half of their games on the road every year.

Um, how about we wait until this staff brings home a road win, ok?  Good coaches?  Definitely.  Geniuses?  Let's hold off.  ONE road win would be nice, considering the Bills likely will play half of their games on the road every year.

128486[/snapback]

Until we can to .500 or better on the road I am not cutting MM slack.

I'm cutting Mularkey slack. He didn't hand pick this team. He has to coach the people he has. He could have crawled in a hole and died after those first couple ridiculous losses. Instead he has started to at least instill a tough attitude at home and re-establish the home field. Now I agree, he has to start winning some road games. I truly believe we are hamstrung on the road w/ Bledsoe since it's much harder to run and protect the QB. You have to be somewhat dynamic on O and we can't be dynamic w/ Bledsoe. MM has shown the ability to change "on the fly" during games and go with what works. Now he has to find something (anything!) that works on the road. I would like to see him stick JP in there for some spot duty even in games that are close...and unless we are truly in the playoff hunt, JP must get a start late in the season to accelerate his development.