Ron Artest and Iraq

:blink:

Isn't the US doing exactly the same thing Ron Artest did?

Why the hypocrisy?

I say lets go beat up another country that appears to cause us damage.

OBL attacks... Lets go get the guy standing next to the schmuck!

And everyone of you tight arses... Lighten up! I know the difference!

It is just an analogy for analysis purpose!

:blink:

:rolleyes:

Isn't the US doing exactly the same thing Ron Artest did?

Why the hypocrisy?

I say lets go beat up another country that appears to cause us damage.

OBL attacks... Lets go get the guy standing next to the schmuck!

And everyone of you tight arses... Lighten up!  I know the difference!

It is just an analogy for analysis purpose!

;)

128351[/snapback]

Are you insane?????

Basketball and war have nothing in common. Do you have any real sense of what is going on in the world around you? I say that based on your comments above the answer is clearly NO.

Are you insane?????

Basketball and war have nothing in common. Do you have any real sense of what is going on in the world around you? I say that based on your comments above the answer is clearly NO.

128884[/snapback]

I knew you were gonna be one of the tight arses Rich. Of course I know the difference... I even stated that... Re-read my post.

I was making an analogy on conflict and CONFLICT RESOLUTION and how sides handle their differences.

Think of it this way.

The players are the major world powers

The fans are the rest of the world countries, that have varying levels of wealth and resources, not necessarily as great as the players... But, help pay the cost of doing business in the world.

Therefore:

Ron Artest (along with the Pacers) is the US: Big, strong and dominant.

The Pistons and Ben Wallace: Are our coalition opposers (IE: France, Russia, and Germany)... They alos had a deal with the fans (game in Detroit)

The fans: rest of the world.

The foul and push are our on going tensions between the players.

As Artest is sprawled out on the scorer's table (with his security down) acting like a media whore, an "unkown" assailant pisses him off (the cup).

Artest, then goes into a blind rage for being disrespected and runs into the general area... Only to pummel the wrong guy... His mates also join in to help pummel the wrong fellows... All the while the main perp slinks away undetected.

Ohh... The inept security in the stands is the UN.

I know you guys won't get it but, I see it as analogy how America handles its conflicts. Call it... "Don't diss me or I will go balistic on somebody, ANYBODY!"

AGAIN by no means am I equating the two... think past that and see the conflicts of things.

The US looks like Ron Artest to the world... Of course Britian are his fellow Pacers (yet, dig deep in the Pacer org. and they too would have quite a few RA detractors amongst them.)

Again, don't take it personally... Not trying to demean anyone or the severity of our nations conflicts... Just trying to get a firm handle on conflicts that everybody can relate to.

Stay cool people!

:angry:

The funny thing is that one of the players union reps mentioned our violent society and the war in somewhat the same way.

I thought he was full of RKFast.

However it is true that if we raise our children to believe that violence is the first and best way to approach conflict, they will deal with conflict violently. If these boneheads were all raised that way then it's a good thing their butts are getting nailed to the wall, so they learn a lesson and serve as an example to others who would follow suit.

Shrub is not, to my knowledge, a basketball fan, alas. And his capacity for learning has proven to be dismally low. :angry:

The funny thing is that one of the players union reps mentioned our violent society and the war in somewhat the same way.

However it is true that if we raise our children to believe that violence is the first and best way to approach conflict, they will deal with conflict violently.  If these boneheads were all raised that way then it's a good thing their butts are getting nailed to the wall, so they learn a lesson and serve as an example to others who would follow suit.

Shrub is not, to my knowledge, a basketball fan, alas.  And his capacity for learning has proven to be dismally low. :angry:

129501[/snapback]

There is so much irony in that post it's beyond comprehension.

However it is true that if we raise our children to believe that violence is the first and best way to approach conflict, they will deal with conflict violently.  If these boneheads were all raised that way then it's a good thing their butts are getting nailed to the wall, so they learn a lesson and serve as an example to others who would follow suit.

Shrub is not, to my knowledge, a basketball fan, alas.  And his capacity for learning has proven to be dismally low. :lol:

129501[/snapback]

I agree...

I am not looking to blame or judge. By no means it is a reason for a defense.

It is something to learn from. A way to look at one's self in the big picture. A way to understand how conflicts evolve.

Come on people... I know it is late.

I expect everybody to think about the analogy... Just think.

Apples and oranges, so be it.

Conflict resoultion. Game playing. Outcomes.

I would like to hear both sides of the analogy... Give me a differnt perspective?

What role does David Stern play? God? :lol::lol:

The funny thing is RA runs into the stands, passes the guy who threw the object and pummels the guy next to him... All the while the real perp gets away, yet, they know where he is and what his record is???... Afghanistan?

I expect some players will chime in to side with Artest.

Charles Barkley has already vehemently stated that "He has the right to beat the hell out of anybody that does something to him."

Great! Barkely... Wasn't Barkely's play a decade or so a precurrsor to Artest's play and action?

Funny how you can roll this brawl up into the history of American conflict.

Also... Watch the tape... Crap is flying before Artest is hit directly... He continues to lay there and never attempts to point out the perps... Yet, he is watching... He knew the general area to run into when he got hit... You can see him sit up and watch...

Funny, RA never real took a proactive role UNTIL HE GOT HIT DIRECTLY.

I did think about it.  It's still retarded.  Maybe you should try your hand at comparing football to automotive maintenance instead...   :lol:

130301[/snapback]

Come on Tom... Is that the best you can do?... You know what I mean.

Why the simple dick reply?... That is too easy and unbecoming for a man of your intellect.

Tight arse!

:lol:

Maybe I can lay it out a little better? The idea that the two have any relation or actual comparison is hogwash.

It boils down to doing you most viable choice with the most productive outcome.

In solving conflicts, is it better to go off half-cocked at the alleged perps and try and grab your best outcome (which is also the most risky) or maintain a middle outcome (not the safest, yet better chances of succeeding)?

Artest's conflict resoultion skills blows holes in the notion that peace can always be attained through strength. I think he is finally getting it now. Did I just hear him complaing that he can't feed his family??? :lol::lol:

Look past the analogy and see the consequences of one's actions.

It seemed for a while that Artest was keeping the peace and riding that middle outcome to perfection... Then the blow-up. The "game" will never be the same. Actually there has been a decline in the game for sometime... This doesn't make it better... On the contrary, if he would have stayed cool, the game would have gained more respectability.

What leads next??...

Mistrust of the game?

This is pretty much textbook how things transpired during that brawl.

Draw the parallels... Many of you might not agree, so be it, I want to hear why?... Not some simple answer, apples and oranges.

The brawl, is one type of conflict resolution played in ultra-fast mode. We can always learn from such situations. RA was driving down that road, made his choice, HE ALONE PAYS FOR THAT CHOICE... Pretty clear cut.

Again,Look past the analogy.

The title of this thread was meant to inflame... SORRY... It was an easy way to broach this subject.