The Statement That They Have Their Guy

BillsNYC

Remember when the news broke that the Bills had their guy for the HC position?

Now I get it, that was put out there by Brandon/OBD so that if the coaching search went south (like it is) then once they hired somebody they could point to that statement and say "This was our guy all along."

Basically, that was a CYA statement, and there is no "guy" that they have in mind....

Our Front Office is run by a salesman folks, this is the stuff they do and what we can expect.

I think that statement will come in to play when they announce Leslie Frasier on Tuesday or Wednesday. That's the CYA - we knew we wanted him all along, but had to wait....

IN this case however, I am fairly certain, for the first time in a long time, the fans of the Bill's are not going to tolerate the promises made or the sell job they will soon be served. For all the fans who want better, the next 3 months will be very interesting....

Now I get it, that was put out there by Brandon/OBD so that if the coaching search went south (like it is) then once they hired somebody they could point to that statement and say "This was our guy all along."

Basically, that was a CYA statement, and there is no "guy" that they have in mind....

Our Front Office is run by a salesman folks, this is the stuff they do and what we can expect.

Yes, it's very likely your conclusion is right. If you're searching far and wide, why else would you state that "you found your man" so early in the search? To create a safety net for yourself.

I have to say, if I was Russ and saw it was heading that way, I would do the same thing for the good of the franchise.

Don't ya worry..The Bills do have their guy! That's why we've have been draggin' feet ! Everything tt is gg on now is a mirage...Notice tt we're not interviewing head coahes! We're just lining up coordinators to interview (half-heartedly at that).. C I have no reason to care about this subject anymore...as I'm already gone! Things get 'round the sweat locker

tt shouldn't so we hear things!! For what it's worth Da'Bills got their guy but they can't announce it until the end of the playoffs (not including the SuperBowl game..) It's 'cause of contracts, networks, and publicity if tt makes sense to ya!

Think the Bills fans will be pretty key'd up 'bout the new coach! Tt Harbaugh thing is older news really..and went down differently than released...Guess tt the change-up is good to keep the mirage gg to SuperBowl week. Dont ya worry Bills Fan...the Bills will b hiring a former NFL head coach with plenty of winning and experience! I think the splash will be heard

across the country from Beantown to Dallas...to SanFran to Philly...! Anyways it's Jollytime 'round this crib as the playoffs come on the big screen soon!! Guess I should change my user name soon as: TO NY JUST B CUZ has probably blogged his last blog on here! I think my next user name will be TOSFAGAIN ! nobody gets it ! nobody gets me! ;)

Don't ya worry..The Bills do have their guy! That's why we've have been draggin' feet ! Everything tt is gg on now is a mirage...Notice tt we're not interviewing head coahes! We're just lining up coordinators to interview (half-heartedly at that).. C I have no reason to care about this subject anymore...as I'm already gone! Things get 'round the sweat locker

tt shouldn't so we hear things!! For what it's worth Da'Bills got their guy but they can't announce it until the end of the playoffs (not including the SuperBowl game..) It's 'cause of contracts, networks, and publicity if tt makes sense to ya!

Think the Bills fans will be pretty key'd up 'bout the new coach! Tt Harbaugh thing is older news really..and went down differently than released...Guess tt the change-up is good to keep the mirage gg to SuperBowl week. Dont ya worry Bills Fan...the Bills will b hiring a former NFL head coach with plenty of winning and experience! I think the splash will be heard

across the country from Beantown to Dallas...to SanFran to Philly...! Anyways it's Jollytime 'round this crib as the playoffs come on the big screen soon!! Guess I should change my user name soon as: TO NY JUST B CUZ has probably blogged his last blog on here! I think my next user name will be TOSFAGAIN ! nobody gets it ! nobody gets me! ;)

OK, thanks Terrell!

Can you blame us? Have you tried to read one of your posts?

Interesting... very interesting. Could explain why things have been a bit "too" quiet lately. Also, throwing off the media is a herculean feat these days. If they actually pulled it off then I will bow down to Brandon as a marketing "genius."

Interesting... very interesting. Could explain why things have been a bit "too" quiet lately. Also, throwing off the media is a herculean feat these days. If they actually pulled it off then I will bow down to Brandon as a marketing "genius."

I can understand why the Bills would say they had their guy early on, when the really didn't - in order to save face. But if they DID really have their guy, how does it then benefit them to say that?

Yes, it's very likely your conclusion is right. If you're searching far and wide, why else would you state that "you found your man" so early in the search? To create a safety net for yourself.

I have to say, if I was Russ and saw it was heading that way, I would do the same thing for the good of the franchise.

Then again, they have had alot of stealth meetings.

Perhaps Cowher was THE guy, as Ralph even came out and stated that you'd "have to ask him (Cowher)" about his interest in the Bills.

Perhaps Harbaugh was the guy, and they were not expecting to be spurned.

Whatever is going on, its going to take some time to turn this image around of not being committed to winning. If that is indeed their reputation in the NFL.

across the country from Beantown to Dallas...to SanFran to Philly...! Anyways it's Jollytime 'round this crib as the playoffs come on the big screen soon!! Guess I should change my user name soon as: TO NY JUST B CUZ has probably blogged his last blog on here! I think my next user name will be TOSFAGAIN ! nobody gets it ! nobody gets me! :rolleyes:

Gets that your a TO fan and you follow him wherever he goes? Or that you are TO!

Then again, they have had alot of stealth meetings.

Perhaps Cowher was THE guy, as Ralph even came out and stated that you'd "have to ask him (Cowher)" about his interest in the Bills.

Perhaps Harbaugh was the guy, and they were not expecting to be spurned.

Whatever is going on, its going to take some time to turn this image around of not being committed to winning. If that is indeed their reputation in the NFL.

ur so close to being on it's scary except H-baugh never was the guy! :rolleyes:

I can understand why the Bills would say they had their guy early on, when the really didn't - in order to save face. But if they DID really have their guy, how does it then benefit them to say that?

No, they did/and still do, and realize that being mum is better until the time is appropriate...probably Probowl week is that time!! It makes sense if you look at the WHOLE picture...It isn't nothing about saving face...it deals with contracts, putting a handshake committment on paper, a network, selecting coordinators & staff etc...if the Bills intentions were officially released it would jeopardize the whole enchilada! :rolleyes:

T.O. Should go back to the scrap heap or football junk yard with all the other "has beens". In his Prime T.O. was quite the spectacle on and off the field, but I have been in the stands and have watched him take plays off at his discretion. He has made a few nice catches recently but he is a shadow of his former self and he's 36 years old going on 40! He should try to angle his way into the sports booth or an on the field reporter or something because T.O. is washed up and should retire at seasons end! Us poor Bills fans say "Have Him"!

One of your posts from last month......nice try geek