University of Florida sports writer

STLBILLS15

I'm not flaming you, in that I think Tebow will be a good NFL player either at qb or at another position (Hornung was a qb in college and safety George Saimes of the Bills was a qb). However if we are going for broke and want someone who is a gamechanger and are ready to take a risk....Michael Vick is probably the best target out there. Vick to TO and Evans, and a modified wildcat might make a difference.

The biggest and most important thing we can do is build an effective offensive line first. That should be two of the first four picks. Stopping the run second, and that is the other two of the first four picks. If there is a qb around in the fifth round, I suspect he isn't going to be the answer.

Wow, that was a really stupid thing to say. SEC teams have dominated college football for what, 25 years? Yeah, their reputation is that they win the national championship more than any other conference.

Since 1951 the an SEC team has won the National championship 16 times. 7 of those were won by ALABAMA. Hardly domination.

Since 1951 the an SEC team has won the National championship 16 times. 7 of those were won by ALABAMA. Hardly domination.

So, um, which conference do you find to be better? Also, do a little reading on inter-conference competition and see which conference is consistently at the top of that metric. Oh hell, just look here

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2008/...best-college-fo

Now admit you're wrong.

I got a chuckle out of the strength of schedule rating. Barely better than the PAC-10.

So is your contention that Tebow is going to be the suxorz because he played against weak competition? Which college QB has played against harder teams than Florida over the last few years? Just name one rather than BS

I think you'll find that year in and year out over the recent decade, the SEC has had more players drafted than any other conference. Last year they led all conferences with 37. Soince they play in the SEC that means games with the likes of Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Arkansas,LSU etc...which are a pretty rough bunch to play against. The only "weak sisters" in that league have been Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

I agree with Kelly. No more warm weather quarterbacks from California. Instead lets draft a system guy with questionable mechanics from a spread offense who's SPENT HIS ENTIRE LIFE IN FLORIDA!!

Boggle!

I don't understand Kelly's bias. Two of the better QBs the Bills ever had were from California: Kemp & LaMonica. And, um, Tom Brady's from California. Ditto Mark Sanchez. And, love him or hate him, Bret Favre is from about as far south in the US as you can go without having Mexican citizenship. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't Kelly himself make his rep playing in freakin' Miami, then Houston? More important than where a kid comes from is putting him in the right situation and having both good players and good coaches around him.

I don't understand Kelly's bias. Two of the better QBs the Bills ever had were from California: Kemp & LaMonica. And, um, Tom Brady's from California. Ditto Mark Sanchez. And, love him or hate him, Bret Favre is from about as far south in the US as you can go without having Mexican citizenship. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't Kelly himself make his rep playing in freakin' Miami, then Houston? More important than where a kid comes from is putting him in the right situation and having both good players and good coaches around him.

Toughness > geography