SEC teams and fans are idiots

major

Get a clue, dude. Seriously. Florida was clearly ahead of EVERYONE that year, and the Big Ten whipped your conference overall. And again, in the last ten years, the SEC is ahead 17-16. Not that big of deal if you ask me.

:wallbash:

How many Nat'l championships has the SEC won in the past decade????

For anyone that hasn't experienced the glory of southern living, you are really missing out. Everything is cheaper, the people are nicer, not all the congestion, and grey skies of western NY, It really is a breath of fresh air.

and BTW, the whole clan things someone mentioned, grow up, I know more racist people from the rochester area than I do here.

Oh, and there's a reason the SEC gets the majority of the best recruits, reputation, plain and simple. The SEC teams play exciting football, they have put tons of kids in the pros, and thats what many recruits are hoping for, a chance to be in the Nat'l spotlight.

SEC pride is about letting the other conferences know who's boss, which of course is the SEC SEC SEC!!!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone that hasn't experienced the glory of southern living, you are really missing out.

a big no thanks to that. I talk to people from many southern states as part of my job, the only time I like it is when I'm talking with a midwest transplant.

a big no thanks to that. I talk to people from many southern states as part of my job, the only time I like it is when I'm talking with a midwest transplant.

I love being 30 min from 5 diff't state parks, 45 min to 3 diff't lakes, thousands of hiking and bike trails, 4 hrs to 3 difft beaches, an abundance of professional and college sports, and all the shorts skirts and sundresses that come out in the summer time. I don't know who you've talked to, but in comparison to rochester where i'm from, to greenville, sc where i live, Greenville is hands down better, the only drawback is not being able to go to the bills games often enough

For anyone that hasn't experienced the glory of southern living, you are really missing out. Everything is cheaper, the people are nicer, not all the congestion, and grey skies of western NY, It really is a breath of fresh air.

and BTW, the whole clan things someone mentioned, grow up, I know more racist people from the rochester area than I do here.

Oh, and there's a reason the SEC gets the majority of the best recruits, reputation, plain and simple. The SEC teams play exciting football, they have put tons of kids in the pros, and thats what many recruits are hoping for, a chance to be in the Nat'l spotlight.

SEC pride is about letting the other conferences know who's boss, which of course is the SEC SEC SEC!!!!!!

And another rah rah, stupid post. Proves nothing, as usual. I'm not arguing about National Championships, because the Big Ten hasn't produced the super power team in the last few years. So, OK, Florida, LSU, and Alabama came out on top. Great.

And you get all of the best recruits, yet, the best you can do against the Big Ten is 17-16, right? Seems pretty even to me. It just seems that lately, a super team has come out of the SEC, mainly between LSU and Florida. A team that is pretty much head and shoulders above the rest of the SEC too.

I also live in the mid south and love it. I've never seen a clan member, and the state of VA is beautiful, wealthy (all things considered, and growing as well as modern. So, why that is even brought up is plain stupid.

However, the SEC should try getting some stats to prove their superiority. Especially in a system, where we don't really know who the true national champion really is. I would also like to see a couple bowls in the north, where teams that have to be built to withstand cold weather could welcome some of the lighter weighted southern teams to some elements. After all, do you really think Michigan could be built the same way Florida is built?

Michigan, Notre Dame, and Ohio State were all powerhouses at one point or another, its all about philosophy, the SEC teams tend to have that wide open style, because they recruit speed, why because they dont often play in the elements, unlike the big 10 teams that tend to play smash mouth running game football. Consequently, in recent years when the TOP SEC teams play the top big 10 teams in BCS games, guess who wins, SEC SEC SEC.

finally, I never insulted you, so dont insult me, of call my opinion stupid, be mature, if we agree to disagree fine, but leave it at that.

I love being 30 min from 5 diff't state parks, 45 min to 3 diff't lakes, thousands of hiking and bike trails, 4 hrs to 3 difft beaches, an abundance of professional and college sports, and all the shorts skirts and sundresses that come out in the summer time. I don't know who you've talked to, but in comparison to rochester where i'm from, to greenville, sc where i live, Greenville is hands down better, the only drawback is not being able to go to the bills games often enough

I talk mostly with both Carolina's, Virginia, and Tennessee. I actually talk to your area a lot. I grew up in the burbs outside Detroit, moved to Toledo, OH awhile back. I enjoy some things about my area and don't others.

My cost of living is extremely low here. My income is good. We have plenty of places to go. My wife is eight zillion times more attractive then I am so the ladies would be nice but not needed.

About my comments on your area... it seems like the uneducated are REALLY uneducated. It's not uncommon at all for a question to be phrased "Do what now?". Then a group of folks clearly show a distaste for northerners, a rather silly superiority complex IMO. Then as you pointed out, a group of folks who are about as nice of people I've ever talked to. I wish I could say that last group of people is the most prevalent, but I talk to just as many as the other two groups as I do the nice ones.

Just like any place, I'm sure it has some good and bad.

I talk mostly with both Carolina's, Virginia, and Tennessee. I actually talk to your area a lot. I grew up in the burbs outside Detroit, moved to Toledo, OH awhile back. I enjoy some things about my area and don't others.

My cost of living is extremely low here. My income is good. We have plenty of places to go. My wife is eight zillion times more attractive then I am so the ladies would be nice but not needed.

About my comments on your area... it seems like the uneducated are REALLY uneducated. It's not uncommon at all for a question to be phrased "Do what now?". Then a group of folks clearly show a distaste for northerners, a rather silly superiority complex IMO. Then as you pointed out, a group of folks who are about as nice of people I've ever talked to. I wish I could say that last group of people is the most prevalent, but I talk to just as many as the other two groups as I do the nice ones.

Just like any place, I'm sure it has some good and bad.

Love the South...in the winter. Living in GA in July is not my idea of fun.

Get a clue, dude. Seriously. Florida was clearly ahead of EVERYONE that year, and the Big Ten whipped your conference overall. And again, in the last ten years, the SEC is ahead 17-16. Not that big of deal if you ask me.

:wallbash:

So the SEC is 17-16 in those games. But in that last decade 5 SEC national titles to the Big tens 1. I think that's what kind of really matters.

The SEC's chip on their shoulder comes from an undefeated Auburn team getting left out of the BCS Championship game in 2004, as Oklahoma got routed by USC that year in the championship.

As far as the Big Ten fans touting almost .500 record against the SEC in recent bowl games, if you go back and count 1995-1998, the SEC won 7 out of 8 those years. Anyone can make data look good for them, as long as you cut it off when convenient to support their point. The Big Ten can't change one fact, as many have pointed out, when the game really counts, Ohio State and the Big Ten are 0-2 against the SEC. The best of the SEC dominates the best of the Big Ten.

The SEC's chip on their shoulder comes from an undefeated Auburn team getting left out of the BCS Championship game in 2004, as Oklahoma got routed by USC that year in the championship.

As far as the Big Ten fans touting almost .500 record against the SEC in recent bowl games, if you go back and count 1995-1998, the SEC won 7 out of 8 those years. Anyone can make data look good for them, as long as you cut it off when convenient to support their point. The Big Ten can't change one fact, as many have pointed out, when the game really counts, Ohio State and the Big Ten are 0-2 against the SEC. The best of the SEC dominates the best of the Big Ten.

I think the last ten years is a pretty reasonable time frame to compare. After all, that's about the time frame where we've gotten to this notion that the SEC dwarfs everyone, which isn't true. It's a conference dominated by 2 or 3 teams, just like the Big Ten. The Big Ten, in the past few years, doesn't have the superior elite team, but will again, and probably soon. 17-16 over the last decade, is more than fair. It's the most recent seasons. Hell, if you want to use just the last five, it's pretty much even. If you want to use just this last year, it's even.

And it's not like Auburn has been the only team ripped off. Penn State might have had the greatest offense in college football history, along with the undefeated record their first year in the Big Ten only to be ranked second behind Tom Osborne's Nebraska team. The same Tom Osbourne, that had sentiment to finally win a national championship, before it was too late. So, boo hoo. After all, didn't LSU get in with multiple losses a few years ago.

The system is a joke. Period. And much of the SEC's dominance is a myth. Period. Good yes. Florida and LSU have made it very top heavy, and the rest of conference seems willing to suck off of their teets, even though they haven't done much to support the SEC being so good top to bottom. At least, agasint the Big Ten anyway.

Michigan, Notre Dame, and Ohio State were all powerhouses at one point or another, its all about philosophy, the SEC teams tend to have that wide open style, because they recruit speed, why because they dont often play in the elements, unlike the big 10 teams that tend to play smash mouth running game football. Consequently, in recent years when the TOP SEC teams play the top big 10 teams in BCS games, guess who wins, SEC SEC SEC.

finally, I never insulted you, so dont insult me, of call my opinion stupid, be mature, if we agree to disagree fine, but leave it at that.

No, it's really only stupid when a 17-16 record against the Big Ten in bowls doesn't support your points. At all. If you are a Florida fan, spout away. Matter of fact, spout off on the rest of the SEC too, because you've pretty much owned them as well.

As far as the rest of the conference, your just like pretty much the other couple of power conferences. Namely the B-10, and B-12.

Well of course it is when your "dominant from top to bottom" argument is blown out of the water. As I've said 4 million times, the SEC has been great, of late, of producing the super team, a team that has also smacked around most of the rest of the SEC as well. So, yeah. But top to bottom, you aren't any more impressive than the B-10.

The best of the SEC, which is usually one team per year, dominates the rest of the SEC also. And really, we are pretty much talking about Florida anyway.

Well of course it is when your "dominant from top to bottom" argument is blown out of the water. As I've said 4 million times, the SEC has been great, of late, of producing the super team, a team that has also smacked around most of the rest of the SEC as well. So, yeah. But top to bottom, you aren't any more impressive than the B-10.

The best of the SEC, which is usually one team per year, dominates the rest of the SEC also. And really, we are pretty much talking about Florida anyway.

The top to bottom argument might have something to do with the SEC placed 10 teams in bowl games to the Big Ten's 7. The records were 6-4 for the SEC and 4-3 for the Big Ten. No real difference. Way to go Big Ten. The year before was closer in bowl count, 8-7 SEC, but the records were 6-2 SEC vs 1-6 for the Big Ten. We can go back further. 2006 and 2007 were good for the SEC. The Big Ten? Not so much. 2005 was almost a better year for the Big Ten compared to the SEC.

All these arguments about bowl records are stupid. Bowl wins come from coaching and motivation and often don't come close to showing the actual strength of each team. If you want something accurate look how LVSC rates the teams. This is the firm that sets the lines for 70% of Las Vegas. In almost every situation SEC powers vs other powers are within a 6 points. Traditional SEC school vs other traditional BCS conferences usually have even tighter lines. They adjust somewhat toward public opinion/SEC, but the lines are always close. I hope people keep thinking the SEC is somehow this magical can't lose conference. I will keep making a fortune off the inflated spreads.

The top to bottom argument might have something to do with the SEC placed 10 teams in bowl games to the Big Ten's 7. The records were 6-4 for the SEC and 4-3 for the Big Ten. No real difference. Way to go Big Ten. The year before was closer in bowl count, 8-7 SEC, but the records were 6-2 SEC vs 1-6 for the Big Ten. We can go back further. 2006 and 2007 were good for the SEC. The Big Ten? Not so much. 2005 was almost a better year for the Big Ten compared to the SEC.

I'll take head to head, between the upper echelons between the SEC and B-10. Not the bowls where Mississippi plays Ball State when Ole Miss is 8-4, and had 4 non-conference against putzes making them get to 8 wins.

Head to head, team vs team, mostly on New Years Day.

It's pretty much even. Period.

It'd be kind of cool to have a Big Ten-SEC football challenge similar to the basketball challenges.

Alabama vs. Ohio State

Florida vs Iowa

LSU vs Penn State

Mississippi vs Wisconsin

Auburn vs Northwestern

Arkansas vs Michigan State

Georgia vs Purdue

Tennessee vs Minnesota

South Carolina vs Illinois

Kentucky vs Michigan

It'd be kind of cool to have a Big Ten-SEC football challenge similar to the basketball challenges.

Alabama vs. Ohio State

Florida vs Iowa

LSU vs Penn State

Auburn vs Northwestern

Arkansas vs Michigan State

Georgia vs Purdue

Tennessee vs Minnesota

South Carolina vs Illinois

Kentucky vs Michigan

that would be VERY cool. never happen b/c all conferences like padding wins with sun belt and mac teams. My match ups would be....

Alabama vs Penn State

Florida vs Ohio State

LSU vs Iowa

Georgia vs Wisconsin

Auburn vs Michigan State

Tennessee vs Michigan

Arkansas vs Northwestern

South Carolina Vs Purdue

Vanderbilt vs Indiana

Kentucky vs Illinois

Mississippi St vs Minnesota

It's funny to watch SEC fans because they get all panicky when an SEC team loses to a team from another conference. They worry if Georgia Tech beats Georgia or something similar occurs that they might not be viewed as the best conference. A lot of fans from the area actually believe that winning the SEC is a greater honor than winning the national championship.