SEC teams and fans are idiots

major

All these arguments about bowl records are stupid.

Agreed. Bowls are utterly meaningless in comparing how good teams really are.

Personally I think if the games actually meant something to both teams and were played within the course of a regular season, that the SEC would whip the Big10 all day long.

And that's coming from a Big 10 fan.......

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SEC has HUGE built in advantages; in most conferences, there are only one or two schools that get quality fan support win or lose; that number is about 7 in the SEC. A big reason for this is in darn near every SEC town, there is no competition for the sports fan's dollar. So the stadiums are just rockin'. And that is great. And what follows, obviously, are massive athletic department budgets, fantastic facilities, salaries for coaches that would cause our team's owner to have a stroke. The problem is that SEC schools are also bullies. They regularly schedule almost all of their non-conference games at home against tomato cans. The 12th game in the schedule...in the PAC-10, it became a conference game. In the SEC, it's a game against a Louisiana directional school. Most fans who are serious about college football know this; it's why we hate the SEC, and root against it even when it means rooting for other schools with severely skewed priorities like Texas.

Basically, what I'm saying is: SEC fans, keep up the chant. You can win 6 out of 10 BCS championships, and you still are underachievers.

They regularly schedule almost all of their non-conference games at home against tomato cans. The 12th game in the schedule...in the PAC-10, it became a conference game. In the SEC, it's a game against a Louisiana directional school.

Basically, what I'm saying is: SEC fans, keep up the chant. You can win 6 out of 10 BCS championships, and you still are underachievers.

when you've gone

vs Alabama

@ Florida

vs Georgia

@ LSU

@ Auburn

for the last month, I'm going to be he last guy to give you sugar about playing Tech.

NYS transplant in the south for 14 years. The SEC phenomenon is very simply the enigma that is "Southern Pride". When a Gamecock fan realizes that his season is over after 4 games, he then moves on to the next thing, which is the "at least my conference kicks a**"..

Raise and eyebrow and don't try to explain it... just move on, nothing to see here.

that would be VERY cool. never happen b/c all conferences like padding wins with sun belt and mac teams. My match ups would be....

Alabama vs Penn State

Florida vs Ohio State

LSU vs Iowa

Georgia vs Wisconsin

Auburn vs Michigan State

Tennessee vs Michigan

Arkansas vs Northwestern

South Carolina Vs Purdue

Vanderbilt vs Indiana

Kentucky vs Illinois

Mississippi St vs Minnesota

This would be really cool. The Big Ten would need Michigan to get back on track to make this competitive. The Big Ten is missing that elusive third really good team which may tilt this in the SEC's favor until that would happen. Would be cool though. As a Big Ten fan, I'd also like to see this happen every other year, late in the year, so the SEC teams could see what it's like to play in the elements for a change.

that would be VERY cool. never happen b/c all conferences like padding wins with sun belt and mac teams. My match ups would be....

Alabama vs Penn State

Florida vs Ohio State

LSU vs Iowa

Georgia vs Wisconsin

Auburn vs Michigan State

Tennessee vs Michigan

Arkansas vs Northwestern

South Carolina Vs Purdue

Vanderbilt vs Indiana

Kentucky vs Illinois

Mississippi St vs Minnesota

We will also get the PSU - Alabama game this upcoming year. Not good for PSU fans, as I think they'll go through somewhat of a retooling year. Usually takes PSU a while to get a new QB up to speed. Although I think Penn State only had about or just over 10 seniors on this year's squad.

when you've gone

vs Alabama

@ Florida

vs Georgia

@ LSU

@ Auburn

for the last month, I'm going to be he last guy to give you sugar about playing Tech.

#1, you probably heard some knob on ESPN or CBS say this, and they have a vested interest in hyping a product they've paid a lot of money for.

#2, if many teams within your league have weak non-conference schedules, then you can't compare yourself in a positive OR negative way with other conferences; this is just common sense.

#3, when you have the 4 tomato cans in the beginning, you only need 2 wins afterward to be bowl eligible; this has already happened several times, and not just in the SEC.

#4, the scheduling scenario you describe DOESN'T EXIST.

It's funny to watch SEC fans because they get all panicky when an SEC team loses to a team from another conference. They worry if Georgia Tech beats Georgia or something similar occurs that they might not be viewed as the best conference. A lot of fans from the area actually believe that winning the SEC is a greater honor than winning the national championship.

Lately it does seem harder to win the SEC than the National Title. That's part of why the SEC fans chant for the conference. Is there really a big difference in showing support by chanting and showing support by comparing the conferences head to head-The 17-16 bowl games argument. Either way you are showing conference loyalty. The 4 straight championships are pretty impressive though. Just for the sake of argument, I thought I'd point out that it's not just the SEC, it's college football in the south in general. ( SEC,ACC,B-12). The only others that could survive is USC or Ohio State and they would be middle of the road.

Lately it does seem harder to win the SEC than the National Title. That's part of why the SEC fans chant for the conference. Is there really a big difference in showing support by chanting and showing support by comparing the conferences head to head-The 17-16 bowl games argument. Either way you are showing conference loyalty. The 4 straight championships are pretty impressive though. Just for the sake of argument, I thought I'd point out that it's not just the SEC, it's college football in the south in general. ( SEC,ACC,B-12). The only others that could survive is USC or Ohio State and they would be middle of the road.

Maybe Ohio State would be middle of the road but the USC teams basically for most of the last decade (obviously not the 2009 team) I really believe would be at/near the top of any of those conferences almost every year. Keep in mind, they went into Fayetteville and routed Arkansas in 2006 when Arkansas finished as the SEC runner-up.