Sabres/Thrashers

Dante

Hurricanes do pretty well at RBC. Some late arrivals, but generally good attendence even when the team is on hard times, like this year. No where near what that place in Atlanta looked like last night. And I seem to remember a few empty seats for the Tampa and Florida games as well...

Bring Back These teams:

Winnepeg Jets -- Phoenix Coyotes

Quebec Nordiques -- Atlanta Thrashers

Hartford Whalers -- Carolina Hurricanes

There i fixed the NHL attendance roblem

So what do you do about the fact that Winnipeg's arena only seats 15K max?

I've said it before - the NHL should put a team in Seattle or Portland. There aren't enough teams in the western conference anyway and there are plenty of Canadian transplants who love hockey here that'd support the team.

The Canucks weren't even shown on TV here until this year, when Comcast picked up a few to show on their network.

I've said it before - the NHL should put a team in Seattle or Portland. There aren't enough teams in the western conference anyway and there are plenty of Canadian transplants who love hockey here that'd support the team.

The Canucks weren't even shown on TV here until this year, when Comcast picked up a few to show on their network.

I would love to see that! Also: Back in QUE/WIN... A team in the Maritimes, say Halifax would be awesome too!

I like the idea of a Seattle team...it would make a nice US/Canada rivalry between them and Vancouver, something which I think is currently lacking in the league. Buffalo/Toronto is one of the better ones, but the two teams haven't been simultaneously good for quite some time now. Buffalo/Ottawa is quickly becoming a good one too. Boston/Montreal is a nice one.

But what do you mean there aren't enough teams in the western conference?

Was at the game last night with the Bills Backers ATL chapter. Great time as usual! We definitely out-numbered the Thrashers fans, but that is pretty typical for a mid-week game. What you need to realize is that Atlanta, unlike Buffalo, has other things that people are interested in besides Football and Hockey. Plus the weather here has really sucked lately. So a lot of people are staying in this week. Ive been to a lot of Thrashers games that had good crowds.

I will say this though, the Thrashers do have a pretty ok fan base here. And those fans are extremely loyal, and very into Hockey.

Personally, I love having the Thrashers here since it means that I can go see NHL hockey for $10/ticket. And while Sabres are my #1 team, I do route for the Thrashers to make the playoffs in hopes that I can then watch the Sabres beat them.

Thats nice to hear Dr. I'm not one of those hockey elitist's that disdain southern teams. I'd love to see them make it. btw it looks like Kolvichuck might be leaving. I don't think the Thrashers should pay him the cash he wants. I heard he is going to ask for $10 million a season. Not sure if thats correct whenever I watch the guy play I get mad because he doesn't hustle at all when it comes to any kind of defense. Like back checking. To me he's a 5 mill guy because he is exciting with the puck.

Was at the game last night with the Bills Backers ATL chapter. Great time as usual! We definitely out-numbered the Thrashers fans, but that is pretty typical for a mid-week game. What you need to realize is that Atlanta, unlike Buffalo, has other things that people are interested in besides Football and Hockey. Plus the weather here has really sucked lately. So a lot of people are staying in this week. Ive been to a lot of Thrashers games that had good crowds.

I will say this though, the Thrashers do have a pretty ok fan base here. And those fans are extremely loyal, and very into Hockey.

Personally, I love having the Thrashers here since it means that I can go see NHL hockey for $10/ticket. And while Sabres are my #1 team, I do route for the Thrashers to make the playoffs in hopes that I can then watch the Sabres beat them.

With regards to Carolina, cant agree more. A few years back when we were playing the Canes in the Eastern Conf Championship, a bunch of us went up for Game 7. We were able to walk up to the ticket booth and buy great seats an hour before game 7 started. Crazy.

I was in town for a convention and went to the game. Sat center-ice, a few rows behind the Sabres penalty box. I would have to agree with you, Doc. While the crowd stunk in terms of numbers (and many of the fans were Buffalo fans), my buddy and I remarked that the Atlanta fans who were there actually knew the game. We were surprised by this.

As a side note, we got to meet Rick Jeanneret right after the game, and then got to hang with Chris Butler and his dad and other family members before they boarded the bus for the airport. Pretty cool.

I was in town for a convention and went to the game. Sat center-ice, a few rows behind the Sabres penalty box. I would have to agree with you, Doc. While the crowd stunk in terms of numbers (and many of the fans were Buffalo fans), my buddy and I remarked that the Atlanta fans who were there actually knew the game. We were surprised by this.

As a side note, we got to meet Rick Jeanneret right after the game, and then got to hang with Chris Butler and his dad and other family members before they boarded the bus for the airport. Pretty cool.

So they should keep ATL in the NHL for the few? :thumbsup:

I say give it back to the masses in Canada or the US North. The same reason why BFLO football rules... Still packing them in on the benches old-school style, no PSL.

Sucks how sport's have out priced the small working class guy. Slowly becoming elitist.