Once the smoke settles

Don

We need linebackers and offensive tackles. That's my bottom line. I think a lot of other pieces will fall into place if we upgrade the talent at these two positions. You'll be amazed at how good a quarterback, even a middle-of-the-pack unproven quarterback, can look when you put him behind a truly dominant offensive line.

Why do we need to draft a CB?

I think our depth at DB is exceptional (one of the few things Jauron left us with).

1. McGee

2. McKelvin

3. Florence

4. Corner

5. Youboty

6. Lankster

7. Harris

I think this is one of our few areas of strength. I say pick up another LB or Lineman instead.

It's all a matter of opinion of course, but when an offense has ranked as low as we've ranked for as long as it has over multiple coaches, schemes, players, Oline combos, WRs, RBs, etc. then, to me, it screams:

WE NEED A QB!!!

First and foremost.

I'm not arguing whether or not one is worth where we pick or whether or not one is worth trading up to get. That, too, is a matter of opinion. But if the braintrust feels there is and they make the move, I'll certainly understand why.

I know games are won and lost in the trenches. No doubt. But the most important position will always be QB and we need one. Desperately. If you feel one is there that can be that franshise guy, you don't hesitate when feel you don't have one.

If that's the bad news, the good is that given how many needs we have, we can take BPA and STILL meet the need.

Man, we suck.

GO BILLS!!!

I think our depth at DB is exceptional (one of the few things Jauron left us with).

1. McGee

2. McKelvin

3. Florence

4. Corner

5. Youboty

6. Lankster

7. Harris

I think this is one of our few areas of strength. I say pick up another LB or Lineman instead.

one would have to believe that when we get what ever coach we get, some of these guys go away and I dont know that individually, any shine as a true #2. Plus even though he isn't on his last leg, McGee will have to be replaced down the road so unless this group develops miraculously, we would need a #1. If drafted, this prospect would need time to grow as do all rookies , and McGee could fill that role. Or a second or third year guy on the rise via trade/whatever. But I honestly don't see all 7 of these guys on the roster AND drafting more to join them

We need linebackers and offensive tackles. That's my bottom line. I think a lot of other pieces will fall into place if we upgrade the talent at these two positions. You'll be amazed at how good a quarterback, even a middle-of-the-pack unproven quarterback, can look when you put him behind a truly dominant offensive line.

Totally agree and at the risk of repeating what has been said MANY times...how good did Young look in TB? sometimes its not all about the QB. And Freddie could dominate with a solid line (brought to you by Capt Obvious) and converting to a run heavy team isn't the worst thing in the world

Totally agree and at the risk of repeating what has been said MANY times...how good did Young look in TB? sometimes its not all about the QB. And Freddie could dominate with a solid line (brought to you by Capt Obvious) and converting to a run heavy team isn't the worst thing in the world

Maybe a center and tight end other than that we have a solid top to bottom team, get Levy to come back for 3yrs bring in Collins as a mentor to Fitzs and we make a run at the playoff.

1. McGee

2. McKelvin

3. Florence

4. Corner

5. Youboty

6. Lankster

7. Harris

You can't ever have enough DBs. It's hard to win in the NFL without them.

Sincerely,

Dick Jauron

You can't ever have enough DBs. It's hard to win in the NFL without them.

Sincerely,

Dick Jauron

Hey Dick,

Hows the job search going, any luck? I hope so.

P.S. if you do find a job please make sure it is in the AFC east, i would love to play you two times a year...

It's easy folks, start drafting the next wave of Buffalo Bills Hall of Famers, regardless of position! Seriously, "you" win with talent and the cupboard is quite bare. Other teams do it, so evidently it can be done. I'd say another 8-9 of them would fit perfectly. Obviously QB is the #1 priority, and go from there.

Possible keepers on present roster: Byrd, Nelson, Levitre, Wood, Brohm, Poz, McKelvin, K. Williams, Jackson, Bell, and Meredith (some due to upside, real or percieved)

Dump somehow: Edwards, Whitner, Ellison, Lynch, Ellis, McCargo, Hamden, and Chambers

On the fence: G. Wilson, Youboty, Mitchell, Hangartner, Butler, Fitz, Evans, and Schobel

They should target LT in the 1st if they can. I would argue they need to pick up at least 1 high round rookie and a FA at T. We then need to focus on LB in the draft, as that is a position where it is proven rookies can make an impact. We nee da QB in the offseason, the question is, can we afford to lose picks trading for one? The best, most mobile QB in the world needs at least 3 seconds to throw the ball. We need OL. This is not going to be a quick turnaround. You have to start the rebuilding process with the OL. I would argue we need to convert Maybin to an OLB and probably switch to the 3-4, but I'm sure many people here will disagree we have the personnel for it.