Joe Logan, Sal the Coach...

Ball Hawk

Let me start off by saying I love the Bills. No questions about it. I eat, breathe and live the Bills. I read every article and have not missed a Bills game in over 20 years - I am nearly 40.

So... why are we obsessed with Joe Logan and Coach Sal. Simple - we know how important this next Bills hire is. We understand the significance of this hire. We are at a crossroads and every Bills fan is pinning their hopes on the Bills being able to turn the tide and make our team relevant again.

As a comparison.. the Bills are a marriage. You have good years and bad. Well, we have seen our Bills chain smoke and gain 50 pounds in the last 10 years. We desperately need them to hit the tread mill. But we still love them. The passion of Bills fans is unquestioned.

So... how important is this Bills search? It is so important that this message board and many more are quoting and posting "news" from 2 guys we have never heard of until now. I personally have watched Coach Sal and Joe Logan's Ustreams, signed up to their tweets and even passed along their quotes even though one way or another I have no idea how credible they are. And you know what... so what!!!??? Give me hope. Give me laughs. This may be a wild goose chase. I give these guys credit for putting their reputations out there. Providing us any news they can get. In the end it may all be for naught. But, what else do we have?

I'd do cartwheels if we landed Cowher. In fact I may even send Joe Logan my personal letter to Bill Cowher (as he suggested in his latest article). What have we got to lose? Pat Moran has done his job, what have we done? "Oh there goes R&R again!"

Really? Tell me you atleast haven't enjoyed listening to the possibility of us landing Cowher even though deep down you are thinking... "If that happens, I will run into incoming traffic and jump from the Niagara bridge."

All I know is that I check my email, twitter, twobillsdrive every hour at work, on my i-phone, while taking a dump because I keep thinking just maybe....

In closing, quit whining and enjoy the ride. I personally have appreciated the updates from Joe Logan, Coach Sal and Pat Moran. At the end of the day, they are fans like us. What have you done to make your voice heard?

Kudos boys. The dream of Cowher may be dead. But hope is alive and well.

Ball Hawk

Honestly the head coach fiasco has been one of the least enjoyable periods for me on the boards since I've been on here (nearly a decade). And it only gets worse as I start to realize that we're probably not gonna get a decent coach. Too much misinformation, rumor posted as fact, lack of reading comprehension and bull **** started by people who have "sources."

I want to kick the next "source" I read about square in their virtual nuts.

Glad your enjoying it though.

Honestly the head coach fiasco has been one of the least enjoyable periods for me on the boards since I've been on here (nearly a decade). And it only gets worse as I start to realize that we're probably not gonna get a decent coach. Too much misinformation, rumor posted as fact, lack of reading comprehension and bull **** started by people who have "sources."

I want to kick the next "source" I read about square in their virtual nuts.

Glad your enjoying it though.

I've been a quiet observer of Two Bills Drive and many other similar sites for many years, but have never posted myself. I'm basically too lazy and only view the latest posts. I was turned off by the "haters" as well as the negativity created many years ago when sports talk radio made these boards a trash talking site instead of what the were meant to be - a site where Bills fans can argue, debate and talk about our passion but with the same goal in mind - WIN. Now everyone wants to be the next Jim Rome host and pick a side rather then discuss the true merits of how we can get better, good or bad.

My only beef is.. if you don't want to listen to Joe, Sal and Pat then don't. But their opinions and insight have created a stir on these boards and generated debate. Love them or hate them, they are now the story with every 2nd post being what they say. Bottom line - they are creating interest which is better then the alternative and first time in 20 years, I am posting.

ALL YOU COWHER SUPPORTERS...it ain't over til it's over......

BILLIEVER'S - TIME TO TAKE IT UP A NOTCH

By JOE LOGAN (1/13/2010 11:27:46 PM)

Let the nay-sayers and haters wallow in the mud with their Long Island pal Schefter and let the Billiever's rock and roll. Time to take it up a notch.

I spoke tonight with my source (who by the way owes me a genny cream when this is over) and apparently there is some heated discussions going on at one bills drive. The message to me was that R&R are getting internal pressure to make Cowher the offer he can't refuse. Final decision on player moves and a commitment to pay for players.

The concern within is that Ralph and Russ are not pursuing Cowher with the amount of urgency that the situation deserves. Privately they are also concerned that Brandon and new GM Buddy Nix may not have the experience needed to be able to recognize the potential of a coordinator or college coach with no head coaching experience. Hence the reason they are suggesting a more aggressive pitch for Cowher who has the proven track record.

None of that is good news, however I was also told that Buffalo Fan Factor is having an effect on the happenings on both sides of the table and the suggestion to me was to see if we could really take it up a notch, and fast!

What have we got to lose folks? Let's do our part. Let's go all in for the Chin.

Here is the plan. I'm asking that everyone interested in doing their part to try to land Cowher write two HANDWRITTEN letters. One to Ralph Wilson and one to Bill Cowher. Tell Ralph why it is important to you that we get Coach Cowher. Draft a second letter to Cowher telling him why you think he should come to Buffalo. Put them both in a single envelope addressed to EastAurora.Org PO Box 125 East Aurora, New York 14052. I know I can get the message directly to Ralph and I will do everything in my power to deliver them to Coach Cowher, even if I have to drive down to Raleigh to do it.

Please try to get all of your letters out by this weekend.

I don't know what Schefter knows and why he says what he says about Cowher. But I believe if we can get hundreds or maybe thousands of handwritten letters hand delivered to him it might just be enough to sway him and tip the scales in our favors.

I'm all in on this until I hear Coach C say he is out. If that happens, we move on. Better to do what we can to help the cause than to just sit back and expect the worst and then complain after the fact. Isn't it?

http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1237

A couple of brief excerpts from above link (bold face added):

"The message to me was that R&R are getting internal pressure to make Cowher the offer he can't refuse."

"Privately they are also concerned that Brandon and new GM Buddy Nix may not have the experience needed to be able to recognize the potential of a coordinator or college coach with no head coaching experience."

This makes no sense. Internal pressure? From WHO? Russ & Buddy ARE the main internal guys. There is no one else INTERNAL who really matters regarding this decision. And Buddy Nix's 50+ years of being in-and-around football suddenly does not matter? You maybe could make that argument about Russ, but no way you can make that argument about Buddy. He may be new to the HC interviewing process (at the NFL level), but I totally trust Buddy. He's got the experience necessary to make a good HC decision and he does NOT need any "internal pressure" to make one. If he is getting pressure, then he just needs to stay the course, conduct all the interviews and get the right guy.

We need to get off this Cowher or nothing mentality. He's ONE guy. He's had some success and he'd be a great candidate, but he is NOT the ONLY guy. I want to see the Bills conduct an extensive search and interview as many qualified candidates as possible like Russ Grimm, for example, and others. Buddy is the guy. Let the man do his job for cryin' out loud. He doesn't need pressure within the organization to make any decisions.

I haven't gotten anything done at work lately, either....but that doesn't have to do with the coaching search. :blink:

I also trust Buddy, as long as Russ just sticks to selling Buffalo to the next head coach. Tom Donahoe got run out of town in part because of the coaching hires, but he went about the first one correctly - he waited through the Superbowl to interview Marvin Lewis & John Fox (the two hottest coordinators at the time), so he took his time and was pretty thorough with the search.

Perhaps this is what Buddy, Russ, & Ralph are doing and I have no problem with it. We won't know if the coaching hire is the right one for a while and we can't always assume that the names mentioned by everyone are the best out there. I'm at the point now where if they get Cowher, then great. If not, I trust Buddy enough to get a good coach in here and turn things around.

http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1237

A couple of brief excerpts from above link (bold face added):

"The message to me was that R&R are getting internal pressure to make Cowher the offer he can't refuse."

"Privately they are also concerned that Brandon and new GM Buddy Nix may not have the experience needed to be able to recognize the potential of a coordinator or college coach with no head coaching experience."

This makes no sense. Internal pressure? From WHO? Russ & Buddy ARE the main internal guys. There is no one else INTERNAL who really matters regarding this decision. And Buddy Nix's 50+ years of being in-and-around football suddenly does not matter? You maybe could make that argument about Russ, but no way you can make that argument about Buddy. He may be new to the HC interviewing process (at the NFL level), but I totally trust Buddy. He's got the experience necessary to make a good HC decision and he does NOT need any "internal pressure" to make one. If he is getting pressure, then he just needs to stay the course, conduct all the interviews and get the right guy.

We need to get off this Cowher or nothing mentality. He's ONE guy. He's had some success and he'd be a great candidate, but he is NOT the ONLY guy. I want to see the Bills conduct an extensive search and interview as many qualified candidates as possible like Russ Grimm, for example, and others. Buddy is the guy. Let the man do his job for cryin' out loud. He doesn't need pressure within the organization to make any decisions.

i have said it before and i'll say it again...i think JIM KELLY is joe logans source.......first, kelly is on the inside......he and thurman are involved in marketing...they hear things.......i think KELLY is so frustrated with the bills lack of direction.....that he is doing everything in his power to get this turned around. kelly loves cowher and wants him badly. i think the "they" is kelly and thomas.

I haven't gotten anything done at work lately, either....but that doesn't have to do with the coaching search. :lol:

I also trust Buddy, as long as Russ just sticks to selling Buffalo to the next head coach. Tom Donahoe got run out of town in part because of the coaching hires, but he went about the first one correctly - he waited through the Superbowl to interview Marvin Lewis & John Fox (the two hottest coordinators at the time), so he took his time and was pretty thorough with the search.

Perhaps this is what Buddy, Russ, & Ralph are doing and I have no problem with it. We won't know if the coaching hire is the right one for a while and we can't always assume that the names mentioned by everyone are the best out there. I'm at the point now where if they get Cowher, then great. If not, I trust Buddy enough to get a good coach in here and turn things around.

That is a good point about the first TD hire. The Titans had the number one defense that season before we brought Williams in and at the time it seemed like a good hire.

I know everyone on here has opinions on who will suck for the Bills if hired but the honest truth is no one really knows. That isn't to say I am not entertained by everyone's ranting, it is what makes the boards fun.

Carry on. :blink:

i have said it before and i'll say it again...i think JIM KELLY is joe logans source.......first, kelly is on the inside......he and thurman are involved in marketing...they hear things.......i think KELLY is so frustrated with the bills lack of direction.....that he is doing everything in his power to get this turned around. kelly loves cowher and wants him badly. i think the "they" is kelly and thomas.

You are probably correct about the Kelly connection. If so, Kelly needs to back away and let Buddy Nix complete the process. Buddy Nix has played a supporting role most of his career. Any lack of experience can only mean lack of experience in being THE guy. Nix is probably not a "natural leader" type of person and so he's never been promoted to the top spot before. He's the guy that REALLY knows what to do and makes OTHER people above him look good while not getting the credit. Some people go through their entire careers like this -- the know what they are doing, but perhaps don't outwardly appear to be confident in themselves (or are just very content to take a back seat role) and so they never reach the top spot. But that doesn't mean guys like this can't succeed being the top guy. Let Nix grow into this new role a bit and he'll be just fine.

You are probably correct about the Kelly connection. If so, Kelly needs to back away and let Buddy Nix complete the process. Buddy Nix has played a supporting role most of his career. Any lack of experience can only mean lack of experience in being THE guy. Nix is probably not a "natural leader" type of person and so he's never been promoted to the top spot before. He's the guy that REALLY knows what to do and makes OTHER people above him look good while not getting the credit. Some people go through their entire careers like this -- the know what they are doing, but perhaps don't outwardly appear to be confident in themselves (or are just very content to take a back seat role) and so they never reach the top spot. But that doesn't mean guys like this can't succeed being the top guy. Let Nix grow into this new role a bit and he'll be just fine.

i love the buddy nix pick......i think his expertise in talent evaluating will be the key to our success. having said that, coaching is the next most important piece. while cowher is not my first choice (i want marty) he is a great choice. i think cowher is hung up on power (final say on draft), i want nix to have that.

ALL YOU COWHER SUPPORTERS...it ain't over til it's over......

BILLIEVER'S - TIME TO TAKE IT UP A NOTCH

By JOE LOGAN (1/13/2010 11:27:46 PM)

Let the nay-sayers and haters wallow in the mud with their Long Island pal Schefter and let the Billiever's rock and roll. Time to take it up a notch.

I spoke tonight with my source (who by the way owes me a genny cream when this is over) and apparently there is some heated discussions going on at one bills drive. The message to me was that R&R are getting internal pressure to make Cowher the offer he can't refuse. Final decision on player moves and a commitment to pay for players.

The concern within is that Ralph and Russ are not pursuing Cowher with the amount of urgency that the situation deserves. Privately they are also concerned that Brandon and new GM Buddy Nix may not have the experience needed to be able to recognize the potential of a coordinator or college coach with no head coaching experience. Hence the reason they are suggesting a more aggressive pitch for Cowher who has the proven track record.

None of that is good news, however I was also told that Buffalo Fan Factor is having an effect on the happenings on both sides of the table and the suggestion to me was to see if we could really take it up a notch, and fast!

What have we got to lose folks? Let's do our part. Let's go all in for the Chin.

Here is the plan. I'm asking that everyone interested in doing their part to try to land Cowher write two HANDWRITTEN letters. One to Ralph Wilson and one to Bill Cowher. Tell Ralph why it is important to you that we get Coach Cowher. Draft a second letter to Cowher telling him why you think he should come to Buffalo. Put them both in a single envelope addressed to EastAurora.Org PO Box 125 East Aurora, New York 14052. I know I can get the message directly to Ralph and I will do everything in my power to deliver them to Coach Cowher, even if I have to drive down to Raleigh to do it.

Please try to get all of your letters out by this weekend.

I don't know what Schefter knows and why he says what he says about Cowher. But I believe if we can get hundreds or maybe thousands of handwritten letters hand delivered to him it might just be enough to sway him and tip the scales in our favors.

I'm all in on this until I hear Coach C say he is out. If that happens, we move on. Better to do what we can to help the cause than to just sit back and expect the worst and then complain after the fact. Isn't it?

So he's not out till some clown in his moms house says so? Man you make it even more embarrassing to be a Bills fan