Fast Freddy

Corp000085

has it occured to anyone that this guy was basically forgotten on the practice squad up until halloween? Between his blazing speed, playmaking abilities on returns, and his "F." instead of "J." on the back of his jersey, this guy will make some national stories soon enough. Like that beer truck driver a few years ago, or grocery bagging warner, hopefully fast freddy will become an identity to this team.

has it occured to anyone that this guy was basically forgotten on the practice squad up until halloween?  Between his blazing speed, playmaking abilities on returns, and his "F." instead of "J." on the back of his jersey, this guy will make some national stories soon enough.  Like that beer truck driver a few years ago, or grocery bagging warner, hopefully fast freddy will become an identity to this team.

128006[/snapback]

I will not give him an ounce of credit until he changes his F to a J.

What's next? "He Hate Me" on an NFL Jersey?

Walter Peyton didn't use an "S" for sweetness....

Change it to a J and I will give him the credit he (admittedly) deserves.

His punt return play really is phenomenal. I wondered when folks might begin to wonder why it took so long for him to be used in this role or even complain as part of the usual overblown rants against TD that this is some mistake he made or almost made.

I think the interesting thing about him was that his appearances in pre-season and some undusciplined play by him when he finally forced his way off our PS and into the line-up indicated to me that he was an extremely talented player physically but mentally needed to really get ahold himself as he showed a tendency toward takind dumb penalties like unnecessary roughness calls.

Thankfully, he seems to have found a role for himself where he contributes tons to this team and it is to be hoped he is learning or has learned how to stay in control so that he remains a force but not a detriment to the team.

128011[/snapback]

Some of his teammates at GT didn't even know his real name was Jonathan. But there was an article this week about him that quoted him as saying that he only wanted to be called Jonathan Smith from now on, so he was gonna drop the F. since it's that big of a deal. I guess he didn't change it afterall?

What is the actual NFL rule? It didn't happen, but let's say the Bills had a player named Justin Kelly in the early 90's. Jimbo would have had Ji. Kelly back there, not Ja. Kelly for his real name (James Kelly, I assume.) Roger Esiason wouldn't have had Boomer wear "N. Esaison" (Norman). So...what's the line? Real last names?

128011[/snapback]

He's thinking about it right now.

"Hmmmmm, should I get the F off? If I do get the F off stevestojan will give me some love. However, if I keep the F up people will continue to notice me. stevestojan should understand that shouldn't he? Guess I'll keep the F."

he's actually not fast. He's quick. He has instincts. He was a playmaker at Ga. Tech. But he's not really fast. Last week at NE, a LB nearly caught him from way behind. He ran a 4.7 at the combine. He's just one of those guys whose measurables don't add up to his potential.

he's actually not fast. He's quick. He has instincts. He was a playmaker at Ga. Tech. But he's not really fast. Last week at NE, a LB nearly caught him from way behind. He ran a 4.7 at the combine. He's just one of those guys whose measurables don't add up to his potential.

128128[/snapback]

He got caught by a linebacker today, too. Chillar.

has it occured to anyone that this guy was basically forgotten on the practice squad up until halloween?  Between his blazing speed, playmaking abilities on returns, and his "F." instead of "J." on the back of his jersey, this guy will make some national stories soon enough.  Like that beer truck driver a few years ago, or grocery bagging warner, hopefully fast freddy will become an identity to this team.

128006[/snapback]

This CANNOT be the same guy who was fast fumbling his way outta the league in preseason!

Tell me you're joking!

:blink:

128011[/snapback]

Pepper Johnson had P. JOHNSON on the back of his jersey. His real name isn't pepper. :blink:

This could be one of the reasons Shaw was let go, to make room for younger guys like Smith would could contribute on special teams.

Good move putting both Smith and Clemments back on punt returns. Punters are going to shank some punts angling for the sidelines, trying to keep the ball away from these guys.

I don't see why the announcers just don't call this guy Freddie if that's what he wants to be be called. Warren Moon's first name wasn't Warren. John Wayne's real first name wasn't John. Show the guy a little respect and call him what he wants to be called. After watching Antonio Brown return punts last season, this guy has earned it.

Guest Slow Freddy
Between his blazing speed,

128006[/snapback]

Huh? 4.6 is blazing? He almost got caught by a fullback on his TD last week. He DID get caught by a linebacker this week. That doesn't sound very fast.

Maybe "Fast Freddy" refers to his sexual performance?