Note to all assistants turning down the Bills...

Lets be reasonable here. For the last few weeks, a few assistant coaches have turned down the Bills head-coaching postition. Let me send a message to all of them. Here goes...

I can understand that guys like Cowher and Shannahan turning us down. I understand that the future of the franchise is up in the air. I understand guys like the two mentioned above don't want to tarnish THEIR winning legacies by coming here. I also understand you assistants have playoff games you are preparing for. I further understand that the weather sucks in Buffalo, the stadium is old, the market is small and the team you could inherit is lousy, dreadful, hideous and woeful.

But reasonably, are you the ones losing out in the long term? You're turning down the opportunity to:

1.) Make significantly more money.

2.) Make a name for YOURSELF

3.) In the process, make a better life for your family by doing #1 and #2, yourself.

Fine, we get it. The Buffalo job is the worst in the NFL. hahaha, we get it, we suck. Nobody else needs to turn us down for us to realize that. We've known it for ten years. But what we are, even though we're a "small-market". We are a very proud, dedicated fan base. We can live with losing, alot of us say at the conclusion of every year: "I'm done with this team". But the diehards, like myself, will stick with the Bills. Yeah, its an embarrassing time to be a Bills fan, but at the end of the day, we are just that. We love our Bills...even when its not our proudest era.

So, in closing. You can all continue to turn us down. But now, especially in these economic tumulutous times, don't all be jackasses. What's the worst that happens? You take a job in "NFL Hell", make a ton more money, it doesn't work out...in the end, you can go back and be a ......oh yeah....Coordinator (a wealthy-er Coordinator, too!)...

Just a thought!

Lets be reasonable here. For the last few weeks, a few assistant coaches have turned down the Bills head-coaching postition. Let me send a message to all of them. Here goes...

I can understand that guys like Cowher and Shannahan turning us down. I understand that the future of the franchise is up in the air. I understand guys like the two mentioned above don't want to tarnish THEIR winning legacies by coming here. I also understand you assistants have playoff games you are preparing for. I further understand that the weather sucks in Buffalo, the stadium is old, the market is small and the team you could inherit is lousy, dreadful, hideous and woeful.

But reasonably, are you the ones losing out in the long term? You're turning down the opportunity to:

3.) In the process, make a better life for your family by doing #1 and #2, yourself.

Fine, we get it. The Buffalo job is the worst in the NFL. hahaha, we get it, we suck. Nobody else needs to turn us down for us to realize that. We've known it for ten years. But what we are, even though we're a "small-market". We are a very proud, dedicated fan base. We can live with losing, alot of us say at the conclusion of every year: "I'm done with this team". But the diehards, like myself, will stick with the Bills. Yeah, its an embarrassing time to be a Bills fan, but at the end of the day, we are just that. We love our Bills...even when its not our proudest era.

So, in closing. You can all continue to turn us down. But now, especially in these economic tumulutous times, don't all be jackasses. What's the worst that happens? You take a job in "NFL Hell", make a ton more money, it doesn't work out...in the end, you can go back and be a ......oh yeah....Coordinator (a wealthy-er Coordinator, too!)...

Just a thought!

My thoughts exactly. Also, I might add, perhaps they do not have a vision of what being a HC is all about and have no confidence in their ability. it is always easier to let the other guy drive the ship, and not have to take the heat. Finally, even if you interview you don't have to take the job, but you will have been through it once.

I would like to see a Billick or other previous HC hired and make them all look like donkeys.

Just a thought!

My thoughts exactly. Also, I might add, perhaps they do not have a vision of what being a HC is all about and have no confidence in their ability. it is always easier to let the other guy drive the ship, and not have to take the heat. Finally, even if you interview you don't have to take the job, but you will have been through it once.

I would like to see a Billick or other previous HC hired and make them all look like donkeys.

Just a thought!

Is it your belief that potential suiters for the Bills vacant HC job of perusing this site to gain insight into the job and factoring that in to their decision? If that is the case, then I would offer - no need to talk them into it - the Bill's have a fan base that boarders on the fanatical - i would come to coach in a minute for a chance at success in front of this hearty lot. But please - let's check reality - nobody of coaching significance is reading the board, (except Coach Tuesday of course)

Lets be reasonable here.

yes, lets...

the coaches we declined to talk to us are STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS. they have COMMITMENTS to their current team.

what would it say about a guy who is willing to jump ship, 2 weeks into the playoffs, and leave his team hanging? would you even want someone like that as a HC?

why dont WE be reasonable here, and let the season actually finish for these guys before writing them any letters...

Can we all just not react to the hype? So far only 1 assistant has definitively turned us down - BS.

Rivera, In SD, has said not now. Perhaps that's a definitive "no", perhaps not. But, keep in mind, he's worked with Nix before. Maybe he knows that he and Nix don't see eye to eye on how to build a team. Not saying that's good or bad, just saying he may not want to work with Nix. And if so, that's fine.

So, we have 1 Coordinator (possibly 2) that has turned us down. It's not quite the complete rejection of all things Buffalo that some posters would have you all believe. We have or will interview 4-5 guys (depends on whether you count Cowher or not) by the end of this week.

Some guys might be worried that if they take the job and fail, they will hurt their long term chances. My thinking is that some of these guys have to relaize that you might never get another shot at the top. This is your one shot at the golden ticket. The guy that comes in and proves to be a success will be a king in Buffalo and have great opportunities in the future.

Just a thought!

Note to Bills fans who think it is an upgrade to come be HC in Buffalo..

1. yeah more money so what?

2. What 'names' were made by those previous assistants or even former HC's that have been through Buffalo since Levy left?

3. You mean like Mularkey had? His kids constantly harrassed at school to the point they had to move just in order to have a normal life?

So in closing, the job there sucks till Ralph wilson is no longer owner, the front office is redone from top to bottom and fans quit acting like the !@#$s that treated MM's family the way they did and quit pulling **** like they did with McKelvins lawn.

Oh and quit throwing out money, who gives a !@#$. As a Coordinator they make enough money as is. Sometimes, as in this case, more money just isn't worth the Bull **** you would have to endure.

Just a thought!

I for 1 is very happy that scotty jr. took himself out ..............I hope Grimm ,who couldnt get the O-coordinator position on his own team when it was open in Arizona because the coach felt that it would over -burden him , dont get a chance in Buffalo either. Coordinators are not the best candidate available right now If we cant get Cowher it would be irresponsbile of Russ to pawn off any Coordinator (Frazier ,Fewell,Rivera ) as the best candidate when they havent interviewed Billick a coach that won a superbowl, put together a staff that now are head coaches in NFL, and wants to come to Buffalo......I feel bad for any Coordinator because the Bills fans will unload on him as the cheap hire he will be .....until they interview Billick,Marrucci or any former winning coach.....As long as Russ Brando/ Ralph are here we will not be happy because the are acting like cheap car salesman

Some guys might be worried that if they take the job and fail, they will hurt their long term chances. My thinking is that some of these guys have to relaize that you might never get another shot at the top. This is your one shot at the golden ticket. The guy that comes in and proves to be a success will be a king in Buffalo and have great opportunities in the future.

Shouldn't you change that to 'when'? Until Ralph is gone, nothing changes.

Just a thought!

it's so hilarious...we've reached the stage of GROVELING! :thumbdown::lol: :lol:

please, somebody, ANYBODY come coach this team! i heard dick jauron might be available!

it would be even funnier if ralph had any idea that he's the reason no one wants to coach the bills.

I was unaware the Bills had offered the job to assistants or anyone else, outside of Cowher (maybe). No assistants have turned down the Bills yet. Some have declined to be interviewed right now while they are still doing their jobs preparing for playoff games. But no one has turned down the job, because it hasn't been offered to them.

I think as further prmotion, we add to this string of reasoning that your NEXT job (after you are fired in year 3 of your contract) will be VERY nice! The Job here in Buffalo became instant resume fodder for:

Triple G - landed gig with Redskins which paid him more than he was making as HC, now making more as DC for Saints

Mike Mularky - okay, first job out was as coordinator for Dolphins, BUT is doing quite well with Falcons!

Wade Phillips - Head Coach in Dallas

Heck, there has even been talk of DJ landing a nice DC job!

Yep, Buffalo is like a tour of duty in a hostile environment. People look at that on the ol' resume and say, "whoa, you worked in Buffalo???" "God Bless ya! Your Hired!" Of course, it probably helps to wear a tuxedo during the interview as well....

I can understand Martyball wanting to stay retired. It's a lot more difficult to understand Brian Schottsy turning down an interview. Ralph is a problem. But he sounded like Buddy is in charge of the football operation now.

Billick is looking better and better. He at least wants to be here!

Anyone heard anything about Jason Garrett. He seems qualified. Would probably have to take a pay cut though. LOL

Just a thought!

I've been a fan since I was 9 (earliest Bills crap I can remember) when my dad took me to see the Baltimore Colts. I remember Curtus Brown (No not the hockey player) returning a kickoff 102 yards straight at me for a TD. I've been a diehard ever since. Even 10 years living in NC hasn't lessened my love for the Bills. However, even I'm getting depressed. What has Ralph done to this team that no one to interview the for the job? Come on there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs...someone has to got to want this job!

I'm starting to think Brian Billick should be the guy because he seems to want it. And I hate his arrogant but...

Just a thought!

Here! Here!

I totally concur. But, this is not the first and won't be the last time Buffalo gets turned down. Years ago, Marvin Lewis interview, but turned down the job because his wife didn't want to come here. Oh well.

Here! Here!

I totally concur. But, this is not the first and won't be the last time Buffalo gets turned down. Years ago, Marvin Lewis interview, but turned down the job because his wife didn't want to come here. Oh well.

I do not believe Marvin Lewis was ever offered the job. i do remember him saying he felt he did not interview well here especially when it came to who he had in mind for a staff because he was so focused on the super bowl. Williams blew away TD in those interviews. the Bills waited to interview both Lewis and Fox and of the 9 opening we were the only team that did wait until after the Super Bowl.