Anyone with a brain can figure it out.

bigskyfan

With exception of ML, every competent HC and GM has been fired or left buffalo with a bad taste. Consider from the beginning:

Lou Saban: Coached Bills to 2 championships & ressurected them in 70s,,,Ralph kept him off the Wall in retribution 4 leaving.

Bill Polian: Most successful GM in modern era: fired by RW

John Butler: Very successful after Polian, ressurected San Diego: fired by RW

Wade Phillips: Playoff Coach with winning record wherever he went: not only fired, but had to sue RW to get his rightful pay.

All four were highly successful, all were either fired or left with a bad taste, for reasons other than performance.

The last three GMs have been fired, and of the 4 previous head coaches, 3 were fired and one left under duress.

Is there a pattern here?

Why would Cowart, Shanahan et all risk tarnishing their reputation?

With exception of ML, every competent HC and GM has been fired or left buffalo with a bad taste. Consider from the beginning:

Lou Saban: Coached Bills to 2 championships & ressurected them in 70s,,,Ralph kept him off the Wall in retribution 4 leaving.

Wade Phillips: Playoff Coach with winning record wherever he went: not only fired, but had to sue RW to get his rightful pay.

All four were highly successful, all were either fired or left with a bad taste, for reasons other than performance.

The last three GMs have been fired, and of the 4 previous head coaches, 3 were fired and one left under duress.

Is there a pattern here?

My thoughts exactly! I really really want to see this team do well. I have this weird ass emotional connection with the buffalo bills and I do not understand why. I don't live anywhere near Buffalo have only seen them play live 2x (at the razor) and I live and die with this team every Sunday. I see the crazy fans up there in Buffalo cheering and I can't help but smile and wish I was there routing them on with you! But then I look at what is going on here and it seems we have the blinders on.

Almost like when your buddies tell you not to talk to that girl because she's trouble, but you see through it and give her the benefit of the doubt. We keep coming back for more. We get treated the same way and everyone else looking IN, shakes their head and wonders wtf we are thinking. Coaches are not interested coaching here, players are not interested playing here (at least current ones) and the media gives this organization 0 respect...... 0.

The foundation of any organization is the front office and ownership. Interesting things are sure to happen here in the very near future. There may not be a BUFFALO team and ownership is sure to change hands soon. Don't know what else to say besides......... Lets Go Buffalo...... but i'm dreaming, the bills are going nowhere this organization is in shambles, NO HC NO QB NO OL

Is there a pattern here?

I'd say that 90 percent of Headcoaches and GM's leave there team because they were fired? Is there a pattern there?

I'd say that 90 percent of Headcoaches and GM's leave there team because they were fired? Is there a pattern there?

good point......look, i'm a glass is half full guy....but where there is smoke there is fire.....

any coach who comes here, big name or up and coming, has one big hurdle to get over right away....

you are NOT gonna win right away, this is still a "rebuilding" mode job......

that carries with it HUGE RISK.......you may not make it til the 3rd or 4th year......

cause the easiest way to provide "hope" is to replace a coach......

you may NOT get another chance to head coach for a long time.

To be fair, there are lots of crazy meddling owners...Jerry Jones, Synder, Al Davis...RW is not the only one.

And every one of those meddling owners has a pretty poor track record. Mike Brown's Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 20 years, Jones just won his first since 96. Davis' Raiders may be the worst team next to the Lions. Meddling owners typically do not succeed.

Contrast these guys with the more hands-off approach of Arthur Blank, Dean Spanos, Jim Irsay, Robert Kraft, and Jeffrey Lurie.

To be fair, there are lots of crazy meddling owners...Jerry Jones, Synder, Al Davis...RW is not the only one.

Yes but of the medling owners you listed, with maybe the exception of Davis, and only maybe, they all do whatever is within their means to win. They spend millions on top of millions, put winning ahead of profit, all things Ralphie doesn't do.

Yes but of the medling owners you listed, with maybe the exception of Davis, and only maybe, they all do whatever is within their means to win. They spend millions on top of millions, put winning ahead of profit, all things Ralphie doesn't do.

The dreadful line play was directly caused by failure to spend money:

1. Released Derrick Dockery-cap casualty

2. Failed to sign Jason Peters-traded away bills only pro bowler

3. Released Langston Walker-salary cut

4. Decided a 7th round draft choice with no experience could play left tackle on the cheap

5. Failed to sign Jon Runyan, Levi Jones when injuries hit

6. Used draft choices 1 & 2 to plug wholes after players left when team was in desperate need of help elsewhere-linebacker, tight end

Is there a pattern here?

The pattern is that that's the way it works in the NFL. When people love you, you stay. And if you stay long enough, you have terrible seasons and get fired. That's the way it works 90% of the time on any team.

The only exceptions are for guys who burned out and quit.

Shanny got fired. Schottenheimer got fired every time and he's terrific.

The dreadful line play was directly caused by failure to spend money:

1. Released Derrick Dockery-cap casualty

2. Failed to sign Jason Peters-traded away bills only pro bowler

3. Released Langston Walker-salary cut

4. Decided a 7th round draft choice with no experience could play left tackle on the cheap

5. Failed to sign Jon Runyan, Levi Jones when injuries hit

6. Used draft choices 1 & 2 to plug wholes after players left when team was in desperate need of help elsewhere-linebacker, tight end

Dockery was terrible last year.

Levi Jones is genuinely bad and Runyan is extremely old.

Using draft choices to plug holes ... Gee, that's unusual.

Walker was kept for the wrong position, he was cut because he was a terrible LT (though fine at RT), and couldn't run i n the no-huddle which lasted, what, four weeks maybe.

Except for that, I 'd agree.