Is anyone else glad...

...that Buffalo hasn't hired a head coach yet. I am! It's actually comforting to me personally that the Bills didn't just jump and hire the first guy out there. It makes me think these guys are actually going to put some thought into who the next head man will be on the sidelines.

That being said, I think the right choice should be Brian Schottenheimer. I understand we all want someone with head coaching experience. But think about this, how many NFL head coaches, successful or otherwise, have returned to the league and have been successful again?

I think this organization is in dire need of a fresh start completely. Plus, look at what he did with Sanchez in his first year in the league. Chances are we will be drafting a QB with our first pick. Just makes alot of sense to me. Just my opinion.

...that Buffalo hasn't hired a head coach yet. I am! It's actually comforting to me personally that the Bills didn't just jump and hire the first guy out there. It makes me think these guys are actually going to put some thought into who the next head man will be on the sidelines.

That being said, I think the right choice should be Brian Schottenheimer. I understand we all want someone with head coaching experience. But think about this, how many NFL head coaches, successful or otherwise, have returned to the league and have been successful again?

I think this organization is in dire need of a fresh start completely. Plus, look at what he did with Sanchez in his first year in the league. Chances are we will be drafting a QB with our first pick. Just makes alot of sense to me. Just my opinion.

I am. People are too impatient now a days. There was no Twitter 4 years ago and 15 years ago there was no internet. I couldn't imagine how impatient people were 20 years ago.

I agree, at first I wanted COwher but lack of movement on that front just smells with something amuck. Brian and his Dad are my number one pick right now I think he has shown he knows how to develop QBs and has been around some good thinkers and motivators.

Then why did they hire from within instead of going out and holding open interviews with some guys with established GM experience? Why do we still have the same front office, same guys doing contracts, scouting players, Signing free agents, drafting players?

Sorry there is no 'fresh start' till the owner is gone and they clean house completely

Good post. There is zero purpose in rushing to fill a head coach posiition at this point. look at all your options and then make a decision. The only thing rushing would do is appease a bunch of whining tools on a message board and help make a wrong decision. This is the dead part of the offseason (since it's still the season). There is no need to rush.

I am glad too. It's fun to watch the "analysts" trip over themselves with the speculation.

I don't buy into the "Buffalo is a horrible place to be a head coach" nonsense. I think that opinion is disseminated because the likes of ESPN and such have no "inside" source in Buffalo, and they are a little upset about that, since obtaining the scoop means they get a paycheck each month and they feel it's beneath them that they are relying on guys named Sal and residents of a suburb for any news on the search.

I am. People are too impatient now a days. There was no Twitter 4 years ago and 15 years ago there was no internet. I couldn't imagine how impatient people were 20 years ago.

My first day ever working in an office I sent a TELEX, believe it or not, in 1990. Fax was just coming in and not everyone had one.

Good post. There is zero purpose in rushing to fill a head coach posiition at this point. look at all your options and then make a decision. The only thing rushing would do is appease a bunch of whining tools on a message board and help make a wrong decision. This is the dead part of the offseason (since it's still the season). There is no need to rush.

I'm fine with the Bills taking their time, but I'm disappointed that the entire Front Office is still intact, with the exception of two promotions. There is no indication of this house cleaning Ralph promised. Also, in regards to Sanchez, if not for the great running game, offensive line, and defense, Sanchez would be worse then he already is. Schottenheimer did nothing with Sanchez, he sucks. He might good someday, but so far he's terrible.

I'm fine with the Bills taking their time, but I'm disappointed that the entire Front Office is still intact, with the exception of two promotions. There is no indication of this house cleaning Ralph promised. Also, in regards to Sanchez, if not for the great running game, offensive line, and defense, Sanchez would be worse then he already is. Schottenheimer did nothing with Sanchez, he sucks. He might good someday, but so far he's terrible.

I believe the front office guys' contracts are up in March or something. Decisions will be made then.

If you define "successful again" as making the playoffs, off the top of my head I can come up with:

Jimmy Johnson

Bill Parcells

Don Schula

Weeb Eubank

Dick Vermiel

Pete Carrol

Marty Schottenhiemer

Marv Levy

Wade Phillips

Tony Dungy

Joe Gibbs

Tom Coughlin

Jon Gruden

Shanahan

Mike Holmgren

George Allen

Chuck Knox

Jim Mora Sr.

Bill Belichick

So, a lot. But just keep rationalizing.

Guest dog14787
Then why did they hire from within instead of going out and holding open interviews with some guys with established GM experience? Why do we still have the same front office, same guys doing contracts, scouting players, Signing free agents, drafting players?

Sorry there is no 'fresh start' till the owner is gone and they clean house completely

I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm not sure why Russ Brandon and the rest of the FO got a free pass because if they would have done their jobs right to begin with and gave DJ or Perry Fewell a decent O-line to work with this Buffalo Bill football team wouldn't be in a rebuilding mode again. Nobody likes playing in Toronto, TO sucked and advertising that we are willing to pay anything for a good HC was stupidity so what has our so called marketing expert done for the Bills because for a small City Buffalo has always backed its football team.

Russ Brandon and our FO screws up and the Bills Coaches pay the price, brilliant

maybe our current owner is the problem...

I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm not sure why Russ Brandon and the rest of the FO got a free pass because if they would have done their jobs right and gave DJ or Fewell a decent O-line to work with this Buffalo Bill football team wouldn't be in a rebuilding mode again.

So Russ Brandon and our FO screws up and the Bills Coaches pay the price,

maybe our current owner is the problem...

Not only do they get a free pass, but two of them get promoted! :thumbdown: