Time to give April an extension

Coach Tuesday

I don't remember STs this good since Tasker left.  Get this guy under contract for 10 years - his units have made the difference in a bunch of games this year, and his players love playing on them.  Gray got an extension a couple weeks ago - might as well get April locked up too.

127918[/snapback]

Dude he just got here. Most likely a 2-3 year deal

I don't remember STs this good since Tasker left.  Get this guy under contract for 10 years - his units have made the difference in a bunch of games this year, and his players love playing on them.  Gray got an extension a couple weeks ago - might as well get April locked up too.

127918[/snapback]

I don't remember them this good WITH Tasker! Get a kicker who can kickoff deep consistently and make long FG's, and this ST's will rank among the best ever. I do realize though that that last part is easier said than done (otherwise it would have been done by now). Looks like they should troll NFLE for a kicker, like they did with Moorman.

127918[/snapback]

I'll drink to that! The return game during Tasker's years downright sucked compared to the explosive play we're seeing this year. Antonio who??? :(

I don't remember them this good WITH Tasker!  Get a kicker who can kickoff deep consistently and make long FG's, and this ST's will rank among the best ever.  I do realize though that that last part is easier said than done (otherwise it would have been done by now).  Looks like they should troll NFLE for a kicker, like they did with Moorman.

127929[/snapback]

Kickers are a dome a dozen..so says TD.

What is more important...a good punt returner or a good ST unit that stops the other teams punt returns?

I don't remember them this good WITH Tasker!  Get a kicker who can kickoff deep consistently and make long FG's, and this ST's will rank among the best ever.  I do realize though that that last part is easier said than done (otherwise it would have been done by now).  Looks like they should troll NFLE for a kicker, like they did with Moorman.

127929[/snapback]

Holy stevestojan we agree! This ST's may be the best overall, sans kicker, that we have ever had.

Lindell's FG% is highly misleading.  Yes, he's made, what, ten in a row now?  But they're all chip-shots.  We punt from the wrong side of the 30 yard line.  Preposterous Punts are the only shortfall on the Unit - they have to go for it in 4th and under 10 inside the 40.

127959[/snapback]

I somewhat agree, but you cannot fault him for not missing FGs. I am sure he wants to kick them, and thinks he will make them, and he has made them before. Not to mention that the coaching decisions not to kick them were really more of circumstance in the game and weather conditions. The point though, was not to say that Lindell is a great or even good kicker. The point is to say that he is our WORST player on special teams, and he has not been bad at all. In fact, he has done fine.

yeah, i'd agree that this may not be the best special teams unit ever, but if it isn't, i haven't seen one play any better than this bills team. Holy crap man, they about tied the offense in yardage, plus they got a turnover on the other side. Fast Freddy Johnathon Linton Smith, Clements and mcgee are exciting to watch, along with the hard hitting coverage unit.