why no Billick interest yet??

RocBillsfan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On my drive to work this morning I was listening to the Boomer and Carton show on WFAN. Billick was a guest this morning. The discussion centered around the playoffs, notably the Jets, the match ups this weekend, and what Brian did during his tenure with the Ravens to prepare the team for the playoffs and Super Bowl. IMO, some interesting remarks, articulate comments and insight by the former coach.

Carton asked him 'when will you be announced as the next coach of the Buffalo Bills'? To this Brian remarked the team appears to be going in a 'different direction' seeming to prefer the 'hot coordinator' route to fill the head coaching vacancy.

After the interview, Boomer made a few candid remarks, to paraphrase what I remember, 'If you're a Bills fans you've got to want a guy like Brian, someone who knows how to build and manage an organization'. To continue, 'The Bills have good players on their roster and an experienced head coach like Brian is what that team needs right now.'

Prior to the discussion I had no issue if the Bills hired Billick. And after listening to the discussion it didn't change my opinion.

My fear with the 'hot coordinator' route is unless we get lucky, we go back to learn on the job mode for another 3 years and basically go nowhere.

Todd looked good the last 3 1/2 games in 2007 and when he came in in relief in the Monday Night Game. In 2007 5 TDs and 0 Ints and 888 yards and a106.4 rating in 3 1/2 games. He hasnt played that much so he's not bunged up. He's studied alot and understands the game way better than some snot nose rookie QB. I just want to play one season where we aren't severely handicapped at the most important position, QB.

There are reasons why this guy has been a back up QB his whole career. He lacks confidence when the SH*$ hits the fan. He is a bum. If he was so good than he would have over taken another under achiever in Jason Campbell. I wouldn't want him as a stop gap for anyone.

And on your OC comment, Yes you need a good coordinator, but judging from the history of bad coordinators we have had, I'd want a HC that is instrumental bringing his QB along. Who do you think made Brett Favre into a All Pro. Mike Holmgrin his HC.

'If you're a Bills fans you've got to want a guy like Brian, someone who knows how to build and manage an organization'. To continue, 'The Bills have good players on their roster and an experienced head coach like Brian is what that team needs right now.'

Boomer's right. If you want to build a new house, do you hire the guy who built the monstrosity next door, or some kid who can swing a mean hammer, because everyone says he's going to be a good housebuilder someday?

My fear with the 'hot coordinator' route is unless we get lucky, we go back to learn on the job mode for another 3 years and basically go nowhere.

This is my greatest fear too. Could end up with another Gregg Williams . Hiring the hot HC is total roll of the dice. Troy Aikman still says Williams is going to be a great HC someday.