So lets hear who says playoffs

ICE

Not 'I think' But 'I know' We will make the playoffs.  I want to get this on one post.  Some still don't get even if we win out we are screwed.

127704[/snapback]

I think, if the Bills win out, they're not mathematically screwed.

But I don't think they'll win out. They have to win a road game before I'll start talking playoffs.

But I don't think they'll win out.  They have to win a road game before I'll start talking playoffs.

127708[/snapback]

Well the jests need to lose 4 for us to have a better record.

Jags 3

Baltimore 4

San diego 4

Denver 4

I can go on but the point is there.

127713[/snapback]

Like I said...not mathematically out of it, since it is possible for the Jets to drop four. Maybe not likely (though given the way they're playing recently)...but possible.

And again, like I said...it's an irrelevent discussion until they win on the road.

I don't think there are many Bills fans who would say they "know" we are making the playoffs. I think that a lot of Bills fans just want to enjoy a win even if our playoff chances for this year are remote. Isn't it more fun to enjoy the games we win than to complain after every game - win or lose?

Ice, I am with you on this one. The playoffs are pretty much out of the picture.

However! I will be psyched if the Bills can finish with a 9-7 or 10-6 record. It will mean that the team is on the right track and will have some serious momentum heading into the next season.

Don't you agree?

Jags 3

Baltimore 4

San diego  4

Denver 4

I can go on but the point is there.

127713[/snapback]

Actually, they don't need both the Chargers and Broncs to lose 4, since one will win the division.

The Jags and the Jets are without their starting QBs. SD is the king of late season slides.

It's difficult, but you don't build character quitting in the middle of the race.

I'd like to see the coaching staff put the screws to the team over the next few weeks and see what they're capable of.

Actually, they don't need both the Chargers and Broncs to lose 4, since one will win the division.

The Jags and the Jets are without their starting QBs.  SD is the king of late season slides.

It's difficult, but you don't build character quitting in the middle of the race.

I'd like to see the coaching staff put the screws to the team over the next few weeks and see what they're capable of.

127771[/snapback]

We do need both to lose 4. they have to lose 4 and us not lose any to hop the other team for a wildcard.

We do need both to lose 4. they have to lose 4 and us not lose any to hop the other team for a wildcard.

127777[/snapback]

Hey dumbass, the Chargers and Broncos are tied for first place in the West divsion at 7-3.

The 4 division winners and 2 wildcard teams go to the playoffs, right?

So the Bills can only knock one of them out of the playoffs, because the other will be the division champ.

Hence, the Bills have to finish better than the Chargers OR the Broncos, not BOTH, since a wildcard team can't knock out a division winner.

This is really simple stuff.

Hey dumbass, the Chargers and Broncos are tied for first place in the West divsion at 7-3.

So the Bills can only knock one of them out of the playoffs, because the other will be the division champ.

Hence, the Bills have to finish better than the Chargers OR the Broncos, not BOTH, since a wildcard team can't knock out a division winner.

127809[/snapback]

Hey stevestojan head both have to drop games since we don't know which one will win the division. That said, You need to look at ALL AFC Teams with winning records and hope they all lose several games.

127809[/snapback]

Yes, it's very simple - we're billsfanone.

NYJ, Bal'more, and SD are all at 7-3 and Jxville is 6-4. B'more and Jax have the tiebreaker over the Bills. We will not be in the playoffs this year.

There's too much ground to make up. Those early seaon losses killed us.

Hey stevestojan head both have to drop games since we don't know which one will win the division. That said, You need to look at ALL AFC Teams with winning records and hope they all lose several games.

127855[/snapback]

Again dumbass, you don't. The list is Jets, Ravens, Jags, Chargers OR Broncos.

Notice, stevestojan-for-brains, that the Pats, Steelers, and Colts are not in the list, because they're the likely division winners. The Chargers OR Broncos will join that list.

So the Bills need to pass 3 of 4 teams, no doubt a huge task. But in looking at the teams and considering their situations, not completely impossible.

Two of the teams, the Jets and Jags, have injured starting QBs, and both have dropped a game over the last two weeks.

The Chargers have slid during the second half of the season 9 of the last 10 years.

The Ravens, despite Boller, look solid.

So instead of looking at ALL of the AFC teams winning records, focus on the Jets, Jags, and Chargers.

But I don't think they'll win out.  They have to win a road game before I'll start talking playoffs.

127708[/snapback]

very wise

if we somehow someway managed to win out which I think is highly unlikely because I just can't see this team playing good football for 7 weeks straight, but it would be extremely depressing to go 10-6 and not make the playoffs. We'de be the NFL's hottest team and be denied a birth....psshhhh thatd suk sum serious asscrack

I would be happy with a 7-9, 8-8 record. If they catch fire and win out or even go 9-7 we have something good to look forward to for next year. Now if the Bills weren't screwed by the refs the first couple games, the bills would be at least 6-4 and playoff talk would be a little more serious. I'm not holding my breath for this year and I hope they have a strong offseason next year