Al Saunders

Al Saunders himself has stated that he needs a veteran QB who's been in the league awhile in order to run his offense smoothly. Someone who has seen everything that defenses can throw at him.

I definitely would not put Trent Edwards in that category, he may be book smart but he still seems to be lacking those NFL smarts.

Is there a possibility Trent stays if Saunders comes, knowing his playbook would be VERY difficult for a rookie and you need to have a smart QB. I don't really like Trent, but maybe he stays?

No. Edwards is done. What part of this guy NEVER should have started for an NFL team are you Trent fans missing? The guy SUCKS. ONLY Because he fit the mold of the type of wimp QB that Jauron likes, did the clown ever start here.

No. Edwards is done. What part of this guy NEVER should have started for an NFL team are you Trent fans missing? The guy SUCKS. ONLY Because he fit the mold of the type of wimp QB that Jauron likes, did the clown ever start here.

Time to bring back Todd Collins :nana:

I know it sure looks like Trent Edwards has played his last down in Buffalo, but I think that he is a real wild card for what the Bills' plans are for the off-season. There are still some talking heads out there (like Mike Martz) that really like him. Depending which HC and OC come in, there is a chance that someone could view him as a reclamation project, believing that a new philosophy and improvements on the OL can help him thrive.

It seems to me that Fitz and Brohm will probably both be with the team: Fitz as the journeyman backup and Brohm as the developmental 3rd string. Trent could be the odd man out -- replaced by a rookie or another veteran -- or he could be the starter.

Chad Pennington. Mark Bulger. Jason Campbell. Shaun Hill. Todd Collins.

These guys will all be available either through low-cost trades or by being cut. I think Pennington would be a great stop-gap QB for a year or two for a young guy to learn from. Also don't forget that Fitzpatrick was originally brought in a Martz system which utilizes similar QB skill set to that of Saunders' offense.

I think there is a good chance that Jason Campbell is moved out of Washington and he ran that offense for two years in Washington. I think a more likely scenario would involve acquiring a vet like Pennington or Bulger or even Collins. Keeping Fitzpatrick, Edwards, and Brohm. And drafting a QB. This is what teams should be doing when they don't have a clear cut number one guy. Bring in as many as you can and see if hit on one.

If this were to go down and Frazier is hired and Saunders brought in that could be a very likely scenario. Personally, if we went into next season with our QB depth chart looking something like this I would be pleased:

Pennington

Fitzpatrick

Edwards or Brohm

Rookie

Chad Pennington. Mark Bulger. Jason Campbell. Shaun Hill. Todd Collins.

These guys will all be available either through low-cost trades or by being cut. I think Pennington would be a great stop-gap QB for a year or two for a young guy to learn from. Also don't forget that Fitzpatrick was originally brought in a Martz system which utilizes similar QB skill set to that of Saunders' offense.

I think there is a good chance that Jason Campbell is moved out of Washington and he ran that offense for two years in Washington. I think a more likely scenario would involve acquiring a vet like Pennington or Bulger or even Collins. Keeping Fitzpatrick, Edwards, and Brohm. And drafting a QB. This is what teams should be doing when they don't have a clear cut number one guy. Bring in as many as you can and see if hit on one.

If this were to go down and Frazier is hired and Saunders brought in that could be a very likely scenario. Personally, if we went into next season with our QB depth chart looking something like this I would be pleased:

Pennington

Fitzpatrick

Edwards or Brohm

Rookie

I like you're thinking however Pennington may not come back and even if he does, I don't see him being successful in RWS after Nov.

Is there a possibility Trent stays if Saunders comes, knowing his playbook would be VERY difficult for a rookie and you need to have a smart QB. I don't really like Trent, but maybe he stays?

This is a good reason to keep Fitz, not Edwards. There is no reason to keep Edwards. Guy will never be an NFL QB.