Public offering for the Bills

jscap

Why is this not allowed by the league for anyone other than GB.? If offered I would spend $1000 for a share as i'm sure many others would. Time to make some noise and let the NFL know the average fan still should matter!

I've brought this up before... and I love it.

The problem is that we're in NY state and this would be a good idea that makes sense (for a small mkt team)... therefore, NY state legislation shall prohibit it because they are the epitomy of d-bag and have more important things to do such as waltz the halls of the Capital bldg and develop more irresponsible ways to tax and waste and ensure mass exodus.

I've brought this up before... and I love it.

The problem is that we're in NY state and this would be a good idea that makes sense (for a small mkt team)... therefore, NY state legislation shall prohibit it because they are the epitomy of d-bag and have more important things to do such as waltz the halls of the Capital bldg and develop more irresponsible ways to tax and waste and ensure mass exodus.

Yep. They're almost as bad as those nutjobs out in the California legislature. It ticks me off. UB's battling them to change a law that would not only help UB but WNY in general and those idiots can't see beyond the end of their very short noses. So I'd believe it if the state screwed something like this up (not that it would happen anyway since the NFL would never allow it).

Why is this not allowed by the league for anyone other than GB.? If offered I would spend $1000 for a share as i'm sure many others would. Time to make some noise and let the NFL know the average fan still should matter!

The Bills are worth on the order of $1bln. If you kick in $1k, you only have to find 999,999 friends to buy the team :thumbdown:

The number of Bills fans who could part with $1k isn't anywhere near a million. So, there would need to be a lot of people who look at it as a purely financial investment, and they would expect to maximize their return. If you think Ralph is stingy, imagine what a board of directors would say to hiring a coach for $10 million a year.

I don't think ol' man Ralph would ever dilute his business. Plus if he went public, he and the rest of the folks at OBD would finally be accountable to the shareholders (i.e US!!!). And where he could make unilateral decisions, he would now have to consider the opinions of the other major stakeholders. I mean you don't go about making decisions without including Samsung. We would end up being the Same-sung bills after all.

It is an interesting debate though. On the one hand you would have more corporations - local and national, bringing money into this franchise, which would allow us to go after the big fish. On the other hand, you have to listen to these corporate shareholders whose agendas definitely go beyond football and sporting performance.

On another note, this forum would go nuts if the Bills went public. Every poster would go, " As a shareholder in the Bills, I own coach so and so, and I want him fired for punting on 4th and 2 and not going for it! My 5 shares have to be heard dammit!"