Bills future Plays Tonight

Arm Strength is one of the most overrated, and easily corrected qualites in a quarterback.

WRONG!!! It's not everything but to me it's like a prerequisite for a great QB. People constantly bring up that Tom Brady, although not weak, doesn't have the strongest arm. People, he is the exception not the rule. Let's not forget that! We keep wasting our time on weak armed QBs that other teams pass on. It's no guarantee. JP had a huge arm and great mobility which made it worth taking a shot on him but obviously he didn't have what else was needed between the ears.

I want the next guy we take a chance on to have a big arm. A guy that can play in wind and weather and make those down field throws to take advantage of Evans and TO or whoever his replacement will be. Whoever this next guy is, he needs to have some balls and something between the ears to take advantage of his physical gift. If we had big slow 15 yard or shorter route WR then perhaps you go with a weak arm dink and dunk guy. If you have decent sized speedsters or guys that can get behind the coverage you get a QB that can take advantage of that and throw the ball deep. If a QB candidate doesn't have an arm, don't bother.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WRONG!!! It's not everything but to me it's like a prerequisite for a great QB. People constantly bring up that Tom Brady, although not weak, doesn't have the strongest arm. People, he is the exception not the rule. Let's not forget that! We keep wasting our time on weak armed QBs that other teams pass on. It's no guarantee. JP had a huge arm and great mobility which made it worth taking a shot on him but obviously he didn't have what else was needed between the ears.

I want the next guy we take a chance on to have a big arm. A guy that can play in wind and weather and make those down field throws to take advantage of Evans and TO or whoever his replacement will be. Whoever this next guy is, he needs to have some balls and something between the ears to take advantage of his physical gift. If we had big slow 15 yard or shorter route WR then perhaps you go with a weak arm dink and dunk guy. If you have decent sized speedsters or guys that can get behind the coverage you get a QB that can take advantage of that and throw the ball deep. If a QB candidate doesn't have an arm, don't bother.

Arm strength is overrated because people usually associate not having an elway arm, with having a weak arm, which is wrong. I remember back in 2004 when alot of people here were against the possibility of drafting Phillip Rivers because he "didn't have a good enough arm", the same rivers who now throws what many call the Best Deep Ball in the league. So in terms of Lefevour, I'd like to see the Combine before I write off his arm strength.

If you look at his college highlights, you'll notice his line has been bad for years. He has had to tuck it and run a lot, but when he gets inside the 10, if he runs it, it's a TD. He used to be a running back, so he still has a way to go to be a polished NFL QB, but the sky is the limit with him. Some Qb's can really throw the deep ball – Jemarcus Russell- JP Losman, but they don't have all the other intangibles. When this guy throws intermediate routs he throws a good ball. His deep throw needs work but he's smart unlike some of the other guys out there. Mallett has the tools, but they say he's not so bright. If Le Fevour works with a good QB coach, he will be a great NFL QB

Obviously we need to find an answer at QB. I like Brohm's potential and hope we go after Cambell but neither are a sure thing.

I thought you said we needed an answer at QB. Are you really willing to roll the dice that Brohm will be good in a few years and hope that Campbell somehow learns how to play here? Lets get someone who has proven they can play decently in the NFL, not college or BCS or whatever. After 10 years out of playoffs and 5 straight losing seasons, I have no patience for rookie or unproven QBs. There will be FAs out there. Let's get one.