*Offical 24 Thread for 2010*

ajzepp

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but I gotta ask- they just put Season 1 of 24 on Nextflix streaming and I watched the entire thing in about three days. It was addicting and awesome. My question is: are the following seasons that good? Is it worth continuing with the series or did it peak with Season 1?

I did the same thing, man....and I ended up watching seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5 in short order, too, until I was caught up and ready to watch S6 on TV with everyone else. Some people felt certain seasons were better than others, but my general view is that if you really liked the first season, you'll really like the rest of them. In other words, the qualities that you really liked about your initial exposure are still goign to be present in following "days", so I say go for it. You're lucky, cause IMO watching the show on DVD is FAR better than watching it on TV. Not only are you without the commercials, but you can watch it almost in real time and you don't have the intensity from one episode wearing off over the course of the week before you see the next one. You carry it from one right into the next, and it's awesome :nana:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but I gotta ask- they just put Season 1 of 24 on Nextflix streaming and I watched the entire thing in about three days. It was addicting and awesome. My question is: are the following seasons that good? Is it worth continuing with the series or did it peak with Season 1?

There was really only one season that I would skip over if given the option, season 6. The main complaint that tends to come up is that after 3 or 4 seasons, the writing seems stale because they had pretty much done everything already. One of the most interesting characters of the show doesn't show up until around season 5, so I'd at least go that far.

To me, the finest hour of the entire series happened in season 2, so I'd at least give that day a shot if I was in your shoes.

which hour was that? The Ryan Chappelle "incident"?

Chapelle was in 4 or 5. I don't want to ruin it for Andrew, but the one I'm thinking of involves George Mason and then the interaction between Jack and Kim.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm gonna watch season 2 and take it from there; my concern was I'd start watching it, it'd suck, but I'd keep watching it just to find out how it ended. Sounds like most are agreed that season 2 is a good one, though, so I'm psyched.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm gonna watch season 2 and take it from there; my concern was I'd start watching it, it'd suck, but I'd keep watching it just to find out how it ended. Sounds like most are agreed that season 2 is a good one, though, so I'm psyched.

There is nothing in the first five seasons that sucks....not even close.

Chase in Season 3 was pretty weak... but Jack kicked more than enough ass to make up for him.

True, forgot about that dweeb....Kim could have done SO much better <_<

I still remember how much I loved 24 from that very first episode...I'm often tempted to rent season 1 again and do what you suggested a long time ago....watch it in real time in marathon style <_<

True, forgot about that dweeb....Kim could have done SO much better :censored:

I still remember how much I loved 24 from that very first episode...I'm often tempted to rent season 1 again and do what you suggested a long time ago....watch it in real time in marathon style :unsure:

I never did a season in 1 day, but I've finished one in 2-3 days... used to save it for when I had a cold, it'd really pick me up. This season is the first I've stuck thru every week, way better watching it all at once.

I never did a season in 1 day, but I've finished one in 2-3 days... used to save it for when I had a cold, it'd really pick me up. This season is the first I've stuck thru every week, way better watching it all at once.

Yep, it's a lot more fun when you have every episode sitting there on disc and you can just watch straight through <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about you guys, but I'm REALLY enjoying the 2ndhalf of this season. I was pretty dissapointed with the first several weeks, but now we're back to Jack kicking asss and taking names, and I'm expecting things to finish with a bang.

Can't believe this is the end!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm REALLY enjoying the 2ndhalf of this season. I was pretty dissapointed with the first several weeks, but now we're back to Jack kicking asss and taking names, and I'm expecting things to finish with a bang.

Can't believe this is the end!

Yes, next week looks good too....Logan is a slimeball

Yes, next week looks good too....Logan is a slimeball

Bringing Logan back was an awesome move...I don't know the name of the actor, but he does a GREAT job in that role. The Logan v. Bauer thing has always been good TV :nana:

I think I said this earlier in the thread, but I'm also very thankful that they found a way to turn Freddie Prinze into a non-douche. He's been much more believable in the role than I ever would have expected. As Rico pointed out earlier, that Chase guy from a few seasons ago was a major drag...I didn't want a repeat of that. I'm still disappointed in how they used Katee Sackhoff, cause I've always had a thing for her....but oh well.

Final four hours....let's go out with a bang, Jack!

I hope that torch clip wasn't just a tease and Jack actually uses that torch.

Same here....we could have easily figured he wouldn't use it up until just this past episode, but now that Jack has ventured into 'cold blood' territory, there may be no turning back....and he's probably sick and tired of having his love interests off'd.

Jack had some good jokes this week...

Jack: Where's Dana Walsh?

Bad Guy: 1st Door on the left?

Jack: Thanks...(Then he proceeds to pistol whip him.)

(After realizing Jack took his clip)

Cole: You're an SOB.

Jack: I know.