nix

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Guest three3
Haha, you continue with your far fetched statements.... Willis McGahee never said anything about the weather climates, he complained that there was nothing to do in Buffalo. If you had a clue you would know that

gee, do you think the weather has anything to do with the fact that he considered there was nothing to do here? could it be that our weather limits activities for half the year? that no one wants to be outside half the year (unless you grew up here and do the winter sports), could it be that the weather prevents people from doing things for half the year? could there be any relationship there? ya think?

the kids from the south and west do NOT want to be here. look, i went to college in the south. i have had these conversations with actual college football players. they DREAD playing in our weather. they DREAD living here. although they may not verbalize it, the vast majority of players from warm weather climates share willis mcgahee's take on our area. they HATE it here

Everyone hates playing in the cold and wet...norhterner or southerner.

the weather is not the main problem...losing and playing for a team that isn't exactyl known for taking care of it's players financially is.

Chicago and Green Bay are colder than Buffalo. New England might be too. They still manage to get players from all over the country.

Aaron Schobel, who happens to be from the south too, is concerned more about playing for a losing team than about playing in bad weather.

Guest three3
Everyone hates playing in the cold and wet...norhterner or southerner.

not true. i am from here, i played football and i loved playing in the cold, snow, rain, sleet, whatever. it makes a difference if you grow up with it.

not true. i am from here, i played football and i loved playing in the cold, snow, rain, sleet, whatever. it makes a difference if you grow up with it.

But you don't play pro ball....and you do do it it 5-7 days a week, dealing with the aches a pains of an adult who just finished colliding with 300lb men.....as a kid I loved playing in the snow, mud and rain too...that doesn't make it any more appealing to do it as a living.

Before we go too far down this rabbit hole, I think we all agree that your point that being a southerner, and scouting southern players being a bad thing is wrong.

Look everyone, it looks like we have a psychologist on our hands. Apparently he thinks he knows what climate EVERYONE likes to play in. Do you have any studies or polls that prove your statements? Please I would like to see them

Guest three3
But you don't play pro ball....and you do do it it 5-7 days a week, dealing with the aches a pains of an adult who just finished colliding with 300lb men.....as a kid I loved playing in the snow, mud and rain too...that doesn't make it any more appealing to do it as a living.

Before we go too far down this rabbit hole, I think we all agree that your point that being a southerner, and scouting southern players being a bad thing is wrong.

the difference between us and the warm weather folk is that we grew up with this weather. it's what we know. we don't expect anything else. i played high school ball here and i didn't dread playing outside because, well, what else did i know? i had nothing to compare it to. this is why we need more players from the northeast and midwest. they grew up with it, they are familiar with it, they are willing to stick with it (for more than an initial contract) because they are used to playing in such conditions. they don't know anything else but what they have experienced through their first 20 or so years

Guest three3
Why do you think he was involved with that pick? The Bills writers I've read/heard think that Maybin was a Jauron pick. Jauron had a ton of say over personnel.

then why would anyone give nix credit for any of the alleged good picks from the draft? how can we know? ralph keeps us all in the dark. for all we know one of his daughters made the pick

then why would anyone give nix credit for any of the alleged good picks from the draft? how can we know? ralph keeps us all in the dark. for all we know one of his daughters made the pick

Who gave him credit for the good picks in the Bills' draft? We're giving him credit for the good picks from the Chargers' drafts from 2001-2008, in which he was heavily involved.

Guest three3
Who gave him credit for the good picks in the Bills' draft? We're giving him credit for the good picks from the Chargers' drafts from 2001-2008, in which he was heavily involved.

he wasn't the GM in diego. he didn't make the calls on draft day

See earlier posts (including one from me) regarding his drafting in Buffalo and SD from 1993-2008. He was a longtime SE region scout and knows that area as well as any scout out there. Players don't get drafted unless teams know a little something about them.

He was the AGM and, again, played a major part in who the Chargers drafted.

But since you seem bent on the Bills having signed a GM who has had successful drafts, please list your choices. And no, Bruce Allen doesn't count (he ran the Bucs into the ground).

Guest three3

"trying to keep up with the league (NFL)" (good luck with that, buddy)

"i got a lot of catching up to do" (..ya think?)

"the receiver at texas tech" (that would be crabtree)

"the bills got a philosophy in place and that's what i'll fit into" (uh oh)

you really want this guy at the controls? http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/21800494/b...m?q=bills+scout

the bills are doomed

Why do you think he was involved with that pick? The Bills writers I've read/heard think that Maybin was a Jauron pick. Jauron had a ton of say over personnel.

I gotta ask you for a link on the Maybin info. That is far too explosive to just take at face value. If that was all Jauron, it would absolve Guy/Modrak/Nix from blame for that pick. Please provide something.

I gotta ask you for a link on the Maybin info. That is far too explosive to just take at face value. If that was all Jauron, it would absolve Guy/Modrak/Nix from blame for that pick. Please provide something.

There was a recent blurb by Sully that he apparently learned that DJ was lobbying for the Maybin pick. Couple that with Nix's comment that he's not a big fan of drafting one year wonders, Tim Graham's comments that DJ had a lot of input on the final selection, and the fact that Bills didn't really have a true personnel man at the top of the food chain would leave either Jauron or Wilson as the decision makers.

• 2 weeks later...