Visions of Cowher

Ye Ole' was having himself a nap earlier and a prophetic vision struck!

Suddenly I was in the midst of a 1 PM "presser" at OBD... I even had credentials!

Next thing I know Ralph steps to the podium and in a somewhat incoherent fashion makes a few a jokes that garnered a courtesy laugh from those of us in the media, after which he had Russ Brandon step to the podium.

Russ makes about 10 minutes of small talk outlining the search/interview process for a new coach and then gives the old "without further adieu, it is my great pleasure to introduce the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills, Bill Cowher!"

Cowher stepped to the podium and discussed his philosophies on both sides of the ball. Said that he'd be implementing a base 3-4 scheme that would have a lot of zone blitz looks. On offense he said he believed strongly in building a big, physical, supremely talented o-line and really liked what he had seen of Freddie from afar. Also mentioned Marshawn as a tough, physical runner. After roughly 15 minutes he said he had to get to work, and promised to restore the winning tradition to this great franchise.

Afterwards there were fabulous refreshments for the media that included deli sandwiches and a delectable fruit chutney!

Then, I was over by the deli tray, when Mike Robitaille got down on all fours behind Mike Schopp and gave YE OLE' the thumbs up to signal that the school boy trip was all set up. Just then I gave Schopp a shove and chirped "SURE!" ... sure enough Robi caught him at the knees and Schopp was goin down fast! ... then Ye woke up. I really wanted to see how that turned out too.

Ye Ole' was having himself a nap earlier and a prophetic vision struck!

Suddenly I was in the midst of a 1 PM "presser" at OBD... I even had credentials!

Next thing I know Ralph steps to the podium and in a somewhat incoherent fashion makes a few a jokes that garnered a courtesy laugh from those of us in the media, after which he had Russ Brandon step to the podium.

Russ makes about 10 minutes of small talk outlining the search/interview process for a new coach and then gives the old "without further adieu, it is my great pleasure to introduce the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills, Bill Cowher!"

Cowher stepped to the podium and discussed his philosophies on both sides of the ball. Said that he'd be implementing a base 3-4 scheme that would have a lot of zone blitz looks. On offense he said he believed strongly in building a big, physical, supremely talented o-line and really liked what he had seen of Freddie from afar. Also mentioned Marshawn as a tough, physical runner. After roughly 15 minutes he said he had to get to work, and promised to restore the winning tradition to this great franchise.

Afterwards there were fabulous refreshments for the media that included deli sandwiches and a delectable fruit chutney!

Then, I was over by the deli tray, when Mike Robitaille got down on all fours behind Mike Schopp and gave YE OLE' the thumbs up to signal that the school boy trip was all set up. Just then I gave Schopp a shove and chirped "SURE!" ... sure enough Robi caught him at the knees and Schopp was goin down fast! ... then Ye woke up. I really wanted to see how that turned out too.

it's always nice to dream.