2010 suprise signing.. ALA T.O FROM 09

b-dynasty

I still maintain TO was signed for one reason only, to fire up the fan base to buy what were very sagging season ticket sales. And that worked extremely well. I do not expect Russ to think the same trick will work again this coming off season. So I do not think there will be a "surprise signing Ala TO".

I still maintain TO was signed for one reason only, to fire up the fan base to buy what were very sagging season ticket sales. And that worked extremely well. I do not expect Russ to think the same trick will work again this coming off season. So I do not think there will be a "surprise signing Ala TO".

There will be plenty of new, shiny, ticket selling toys for Bills fans to drool over after this year's house clean. Therefore, the optimist in me says they'll be shooting for the same level of "excitement" generated from the HC/GM as they achieved with the TO signing.

now this would be a great signing!

Someone should alert TSW that there's a blackhole in their server.

Posts from 2004 are making there way on to the main page. This is a serious problem. I mean, what if someone comes on here thinking we just blew out the Patriots? Once the truth comes out he or she will be devastated. It would behoove the mods to service this issue IMMEDIATELY.

Right on. There will be a new Head Coach, who they will advertise as the "solution" to their problems. He will be on a short leash, especially as far as the budget for hiring assistant coaches. If there is a GM hired, he will be a puppet with no real power. That will keep the fans in the stands for the next season or two.

I have this uneasy feeling that Ralph Wilson decided a long time ago to just coast in his later years, gathering as much profit as is possible, then when he goes the team is sold and his family gets a mega-payday. It's a good plan for him, but disaster for us.

im gonna say that the surprise signing will be something a little different this year. players are too expensive... better to have new uni's and possibly different color end zones... that way the blind proles have to buy new jerseys for EVERY player, rather than just one.

and the end zones would bring nostalgia and make people happy... kind of like kelly having some power in the organization

J. Peppers from the panthers.. just a thought.. what do you guys think..

p.s.

I REALLY REALLY HATE. T.O WITH A PASSION NOW :worthy:

Look at Haynesworth. Once these guys get the big money their play declines. Read a lot of complaints about Peppers play this year.

TO was signed because the Bills were looking for another starting WR. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

TO was signed because the Bills were looking for another starting WR. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

It is hard to understand because it makes little sense. What good does it do to have another WR to throw to when you do not have either a OL or QB that can make that a possibility? Unless you think the Bills organization thought they had both of those before the start of the season? I doubt Brandon even entertained that thought.

It is hard to understand because it makes little sense. What good does it do to have another WR to throw to when you do not have either a OL or QB that can make that a possibility? Unless you think the Bills organization thought they had both of those before the start of the season? I doubt Brandon even entertained that thought.

Perhaps you forgot that the Bills were actively looking for WRs in the free agency period, due to the likelihood of Hardy being sidelined for the first part of the season. TO was signed a month into free agency, after all the best options for WR had gone elsewhere. Since the Bills were under the cap, and were in the market for a starting WR, the signing made sense.

Regarding the OL, the Bills vastly overestimated the talent they had. Edwards was done in by the total dysfunction of the offense, an ill-fated attempt to run the no-huddle, a pathetic line, and possibly the lingering effects from last year's concussion.