Pennington or Vick

bkc

The Quaterback situation is a mess and looking on the horizon the options are not great. Putting aside claussen or Bradford for now. The Bills are stuck with a bunch of journymen to choose from. Perhaps Brohm can be the answer they will control him for another year but at this point he is not much more then a rookie . I have read a lot of negativity about both Pennington and Vick. All I know is that you can win games with Pennington. Does he have a riffle of an arm , of course not but he completes passes and wins games , by the way he was never blessed with quality recievers . As for Vick if we judge him on what he should /could do on the field he is clearly worth a shot, and please no madden comments . He has talent and even if over rated was still a top 15 qb . The real question with him is and will always be , do you want this guy leading your team ? Thought ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vick question has been answered on the other dozen threads posted in the last month...what part of HELL NO is hard to understand? Losman has the same skill set as Vick and...he's a better leader as well...well, unless leading an organized crime ring is a positive, then I guess Vick has that one nailed down

As far as winning games, it's a team game...no QB does it on his own.

The Vick question has been answered on the other dozen threads posted in the last month...what part of HELL NO is hard to understand? Losman has the same skill set as Vick and...he's a better leader as well...well, unless leading an organized crime ring is a positive, then I guess Vick has that one nailed down

how does Jp losman had the same skill set as vick / Jp can throw a great deep ball and that is it . Like I said Vick was over rated at the time but to compare him to jp is nuts .

There are exactly zero free agents available besides these two (Vick and Pennington).

1- I would take either of them (maybe out of desperation).

2- We really should go in the direction of a rookie - bite the bullet and bring him along with a good head coach and coordinator.

The problem is that we are so gun shy as fans. We all feel like we will pick the wrong guys (coach and QB) and set us back another few years.

how does Jp losman had the same skill set as vick / Jp can throw a great deep ball and that is it . Like I said Vick was over rated at the time but to compare him to jp is nuts .

Mobile and strong arm

Inaccurate and not good at reading defenses

Fits BOTH of them

Gotta not only watch them both but find out what local media and fans say and a lot of what was said about Vick before he started taking it up the ass from Bubba was very similar to what was said about JP...except that JP was always a good guy...Vick was a known scumbag even before his organized crime ring was brought to light

There are exactly zero free agents available besides these two (Vick and Pennington).

1- I would take either of them (maybe out of desperation).

2- We really should go in the direction of a rookie - bite the bullet and bring him along with a good head coach and coordinator.

The problem is that we are so gun shy as fans. We all feel like we will pick the wrong guys (coach and QB) and set us back another few years.

I couldn't agree more. Rookie qb's scare the hell out of me , lots of money and lots of risk but at some point you might have to pick one and hope

Mobile and strong arm

Fits BOTH of them

Gotta not only watch them both but find out what local media and fans say and a lot of what was said about Vick before he started taking it up the ass from Bubba was very similar to what was said about JP...except that JP was always a good guy...Vick was a known scumbag even before his organized crime ring was brought to light

I see how you might think they have similiar skill set , but Mike Vick won a lot of games so whatever measurables they had in common it did not translate to gameday . Plus Jp could not read d's ,lots of 5 second sacks .

Mobile and strong arm

Fits BOTH of them

Sounds like half of the young QB's in the league. Teams must game plan for Mike Vick, something tells me teams didn't have to for JP.

Oh philster why once again must this be personal against vick (about Vick before he started taking it up the ass from Bubba) come on son WHATS THE POINT OF THAT...your the true scumbag, atleast be a human being about the situation. Instead of an 8 yr old kid with the childish statements. But im wrong for stooping to your level, but hell thats the only way to get to your pea-brained a$$..

anyway..with our line if we got mike we would be better alot better especially over pennington whose very fragile and would get killed behind our line....

Dude you just gotta leave that guy alone, just read his posts-you're not going to get through to him. Just let him do his thing-kissing cheerleader butt, and ignore how much you want to pursue a losing battle. Trust me it's worth it...

Some other possibilities:

David Garrard

Kerry Collins

Jason Cambell (i vote NO)

Rex Grossman

That you went out of your way to put (i vote no) leads me to believe that (you vote) yes on the others and if you are (voting yes) on the others the that means Grossman is okay with you and if you are okay with Grossman then...well.. then (i vote you're insane).

That you went out of your way to put (i vote no) leads me to believe that (you vote) yes on the others and if you are (voting yes) on the others the that means Grossman is okay with you and if you are okay with Grossman then...well.. then (i vote you're insane).

LOL i thought the same thing REX GROSSMAN (where they do that at?) he'd want him over mike he cant be serious. Hell call akil smith im pretty sure he's not doing anything he'll play...

Dude you just gotta leave that guy alone, just read his posts-you're not going to get through to him. Just let him do his thing-kissing cheerleader butt, and ignore how much you want to pursue a losing battle. Trust me it's worth it...

that guy is just target practice (i mean i know better) but that guy is just really annoying. So until he starts being a lil more respectful and not ignorant in what he says about mike im on him like a leech to skin...LOL...plus its all fun to me anyway...

Stop hatin on a brotha...

Losman a leader!?... C'MON MAN!

I wonder if Stallworth will get this much hate when he tries to come back.... I'm guessing no but I may be wrong. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't get the same "hate" treatment, just curious as to what the Philster has to say about that. I mean he did kill a human after getting blasted one night and he only served 30 days. I doubt that he's paid quite as much for his crime as Vick did and he killed a person...

Last year, Pennington led the dolphins to the playoffs, without any quality receivers. Last year, where was michael vick? OH yea, in prison! I was never really liked vick when he was in his prime in Atlanta, and now after not playing for two years, i dont see how hes any better or even the same as before. If we have a chance to get pennington, we have to get him!

I wonder if Stallworth will get this much hate when he tries to come back.... I'm guessing no but I may be wrong. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't get the same "hate" treatment, just curious as to what the Philster has to say about that. I mean he did kill a human after getting blasted one night and he only served 30 days. I doubt that he's paid quite as much for his crime as Vick did and he killed a person...

You Sir, just hit the nail on the head.

:wacko: