hey White Stripe and hip hop fans-

Pete

Aww man, I don't know. I am a huge White Stripes fan. They are predominant on my mp3 and I listen to their CD's nearly everyday. I'm not into rap at all. I will give this experiment a chance, but judging from the sample, I think they're really just ruining The White Stripes' music.

Aww man, I don't know. I am a huge White Stripes fan. They are predominant on my mp3 and I listen to their CD's nearly everyday. I'm not into rap at all. I will give this experiment a chance, but judging from the sample, I think they're really just ruining The White Stripes' music.

I am a huge White Stripes fan as well. Racantours and Dead Weather are great too. I have been listening to that album and really think it works. The Jay Z track in particular is great. Give it a fair listen. I am sure its not for everyone. But I am sure many White Stripes fans will really dig it.

From the link-

So there it is, hip-hop fans, meet The White Stripes.

Fans of The White Stripes, meet hip-hop.

At least I was diplomatic about it. And was that Biggie and Tupac I saw? How does that happen?

Yes you were. :rolleyes:

Well, they at least used their pictures. I assume they could do some recorded voice overs. Although I imagine anyone could go.. uuhhh. uhhhh. uhhhh. a few times and it would sound about the same. So, who knows?

It's not like they even pretend the person is singing anymore. I was watching part of the MTV VMAs a while back. Don't ask me why.. I just was. Well, Beyonce comes on with her single lady dance thing. She doesn't even attempt to lip sync anymore. I guess they figured it was easier than have her pretend to sing and get caught with a tape malfunction. Just surprised me that a supposed "live" performance didn't have a single instrument out there nor did the "singer" even attempt to sing the song.

Oh well that's rap, hip hop I guess. uhh.uuh

Yes you were. :rolleyes:

Well, they at least used their pictures. I assume they could do some recorded voice overs. Although I imagine anyone could go.. uuhhh. uhhhh. uhhhh. a few times and it would sound about the same. So, who knows?

It's not like they even pretend the person is singing anymore. I was watching part of the MTV VMAs a while back. Don't ask me why.. I just was. Well, Beyonce comes on with her single lady dance thing. She doesn't even attempt to lip sync anymore. I guess they figured it was easier than have her pretend to sing and get caught with a tape malfunction. Just surprised me that a supposed "live" performance didn't have a single instrument out there nor did the "singer" even attempt to sing the song.

Oh well that's rap, hip hop I guess. uhh.uuh

There is absolutely no talent involved in rapping. You don't have to play an instrument. You don't have to be a creative songwriter. Just throw out a few uhhhhh's and yeahh's add some nonsense lyrics about how bad, rich, crazy, or popular in the club you are and you're on your way. I've seen the singer/songwriter, disco, and punk rock eras come to an end. I'm anxiously waiting for the rap/hip hop era to meet its demise.

There is absolutely no talent involved in rapping. You don't have to play an instrument. You don't have to be a creative songwriter. Just throw out a few uhhhhh's and yeahh's add some nonsense lyrics about how bad, rich, crazy, or popular in the club you are and you're on your way. I've seen the singer/songwriter, disco, and punk rock eras come to an end. I'm anxiously waiting for the rap/hip hop era to meet its demise.

i respectfully disagree. There are those out there that think they a rapping but are basically mumbling crap. True rap is an art form. If you dont think rapping takes talent then try it sometime. Most people cant get two words out of their mouth without stumbling.

i respectfully disagree. There are those out there that think they a rapping but are basically mumbling crap. True rap is an art form. If you dont think rapping takes talent then try it sometime. Most people cant get two words out of their mouth without stumbling.

I've never been much of a rap fan, except for the occasional song or album. But, I've listened to the new Jay-Z (Blueprint III) and Lil-Wayne (No Ceilings) CDs multiple times and they are both very good albums. Lil-Wayne has some really cool lyrics that fit the beats well.

This is a very narrow-minded POV. It is however your opinion and you're entitled to it but to say that there is no talent involved with rapping is ignorant. I can't do it and I doubt you could either...

This is a very narrow-minded POV. It is however your opinion and you're entitled to it but to say that there is no talent involved with rapping is ignorant. I can't do it and I doubt you could either...

Please, they are nothing more than ghettofied nursery rhymes.

Then I guess when you eat chicken, it always tastes like WOOD.

:rolleyes: