London Fletcher can still play.

Hossage

What are you talking about?

Please tell me you didn't watch that game and think we needed him? He plays with one of the best DTs in the league in front of him, and support with a rising stud in Orakpo, and yet watching snippets of that game, I saw London making tackles 9 or 10 yards down field. I'm sorry if you're unwilling to accept that reality, as I know many posters like to pretend like that's not a valid complaint, but Fletcher is about as overrated as they come.

...Also, if this thread was created in jest, I didn't detect the sarcasm, and I apologize in advance.

I watch Fletcher play every game every year here in Virginia and you are SOOOOOO wrong. He is a stud and leads his team in tackles every year. Prior to Haynesworth and Orakpo he racked up over 100 tackles consistently. Unless you watch him play all year then your opinion is based on ignorance. We should have kept him....period!

I guarantee I have seen more than you, 2 in person-and just about every other one on TV-down here in Virginia, it is supposedly Redskins territory.

You can't guarantee anything. You're the type of person who could stand in the Redskins !@#$ing huddle and not have any idea what was going on.

I meant he plays next to Orakpo, and behind Haynesworth.

Yeah, I'm sure you meant it - right after I pointed it out.

Who does Poz have around him?

Who cares? Posluszny isn't as productive as Fletcher, period. He regularly misses his gap and overpursues. That's just reality. That doesn't mean he's a bad player but to say he's better than London Fletcher right now is absolutely ludicrous.

The worst rushing defensive line in the NFL in front of him, a former safety and a street free agent nobody else wanted next to him? I really like Fletcher, but please get a clue.

Posluszny is as big a reason for the run defense being poor as any player in the Front 7. That's a fact that he'll very likely talk about at length during next season's training camp because he's going to be confronted with it by any media head worth a crap.

Posluszny is as big a reason for the run defense being poor as any player in the Front 7. That's a fact that he'll very likely talk about at length during next season's training camp because he's going to be confronted with it by any media head worth a crap.

Didn't Stroud just call Posluszny out the other day? Many posters have waxed on about the OLBs being poor, but given the chance ol' Marcus stood up and said that this team needs a better MIDDLE lb. (BTW, I'm not saying he's wrong.)

Didn't Stroud just call Posluszny out the other day? Many posters have waxed on about the OLBs being poor, but given the chance ol' Marcus stood up and said that this team needs a better MIDDLE lb. (BTW, I'm not saying he's wrong.)

Stroud should stand up and say that this team needs a better MIDDLE. Period.

Based on that particular game, I'd agree with you. Fletcher didn't have a good outing. That doesn't change the fact that he's had ANOTHER pro bowl season.

The argument that players exist in a vacuum is ridiculous. Great players need other great players around them. That's just reality. London Fletcher is a great middle linebacker and has been for over a decade now.

But even if you are wrong, even if he was just a bit better than average, that is just as good as what we have now. So if we kept Fletcher, the defense would be no worse than it is now and we would have the pick we used to take Poz.

Everytime we lose a guy like that I essentially post the same thought, you don't get better by losing good players. The response is always that it would have "cost too much to keep him". And yes, I agree that at some point a salary demand is so far out of whack with a guy's ability that it makes sense to let a good player go but that is the exception. With the Bills, its the rule. There is a loose connection between salary cap management and winning but it is a tenuous one. The connection between keeping good players and winning is rock solid.

You can't guarantee anything. You're the type of person who could stand in the Redskins !@#$ing huddle and not have any idea what was going on.

Yeah, I'm sure you meant it - right after I pointed it out.

Who cares? Posluszny isn't as productive as Fletcher, period. He regularly misses his gap and overpursues. That's just reality. That doesn't mean he's a bad player but to say he's better than London Fletcher right now is absolutely ludicrous.

How on earth anyone could completely absolve a Middle Linebacker from any responsibility for the team being dead freaking last against the run is beyond my comprehension.

But even if you are wrong, even if he was just a bit better than average, that is just as good as what we have now. So if we kept Fletcher, the defense would be no worse than it is now and we would have the pick we used to take Poz.

Or we could have picked Poz and put him outside instead of the Strong Safety/Street Free Agent combo that line up there now.

Everytime we lose a guy like that I essentially post the same thought, you don't get better by losing good players. The response is always that it would have "cost too much to keep him". And yes, I agree that at some point a salary demand is so far out of whack with a guy's ability that it makes sense to let a good player go but that is the exception. With the Bills, its the rule. There is a loose connection between salary cap management and winning but it is a tenuous one. The connection between keeping good players and winning is rock solid.

I agree with all of that and will add that subtracting professional veterans like Fletcher over a little money does not help your locker room in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

How on earth anyone could completely absolve a Middle Linebacker from any responsibility for the team being dead freaking last against the run is beyond my comprehension.

Crazyness.

Merry Christmas, counselor.

Let us now ponder why we didnt resign him, considering we paid his replacement about the same amount. I will start by speculating that SKOOBY is in fact Russ Brandon.

Should I even have gone here?

Whatever, none of our Bills are making me take my Eric Metcalf poster down.

London Fletcher was (and still might be) a great middle linebacker against the run. My complaint against him (and I doubt it has changed) was that during his Bills tenure he was terrible in pass coverage. There were dozens of times he was always behind the pass recipient when a key third down was completed. I felt that our opponents game planned to pick on him when they needed key pass completions.

Perhaps he has improved in Washington but I have not watched the Redskins this year and cannot state a fair opinion.

Based on what I saw when he was in Buffalo, I could never consider him a pro bowler but he was an active, hustling run stopper.

He can still play yes, but he is on one of the best defenses in the NFL (their offense is putrid), playing behind Orakpo and Haynesworth. At this point, in the same situation, Poz is just as good or better than Fletcher (and much cheaper).

Strange how Fletcher seems to always be on one of the best defenses in football. First with the Rams, then the Bills and now the Redskins. Just lucky I guess, I mean it's not like the middle linebacker plays an important role in the defense or anything.

wHEN i TURNED THE GAME ON LAST NIGHT, Fletcher was point-blank in process of getting burnt downfield on a pass that I've seen 50 time before to the detriment of Royal Blue & Crimson Red.

Guys who can tackle the opponant DOWNFIELD FOR A huge GAIN are a dime-a-12.

Beat it you twink & take this post w/ you.

Write a thread about Ray Lewis if you want to talk about a LB who can still play. With 5-6 lines, LT could probably still play better than Fletcher.