Mike Holmgren to be President of Browns

Got_Wood

The guy has won a super bowl...and been in a SB 3 times as HC.

He knows how to build a team through the draft like he did in GB and Seattle.

He started as the offensive coordinator on Bill Walsh's 49ers,so he knows how to build an offense and develop a QB.

He knows how to hire the proper coaches to help get the team into the playoffs and SB. He took a PoS Seattle team and did just that.

What do the Buffalo Bills have in the front office as president?

Just asking, but What QB's did he "develop"? In GB he already had Favre, and in Seattle he had the better Hasselback

And as for him "building" those teams he was only GM of Seattle for a few years, and they took that away from him cause he wasn't that good and they prefered he just stick to coaching.

So many keep saying these big coaches "built" these great teams, but who says they actually built them? Don't the GM's get any credit for doing their jobs and "building" the team that the coaches coach?

Just asking, but What QB's did he "develop"? In GB he already had Favre, and in Seattle he had the better Hasselback

And as for him "building" those teams he was only GM of Seattle for a few years, and they took that away from him cause he wasn't that good and they prefered he just stick to coaching.

So many keep saying these big coaches "built" these great teams, but who says they actually built them? Don't the GM's get any credit for doing their jobs and "building" the team that the coaches coach?

Yeah, not to mention he had the record holder for single-season rushing touchdowns in Alexander.

It's no mystery where I stand. Players can do wonderful things for a coaches resume. I just don't see it happening in reverse that often.

Yeah, not to mention he had the record holder for single-season rushing touchdowns in Alexander.

It's no mystery where I stand. Players can do wonderful things for a coaches resume. I just don't see it happening in reverse that often.

Usually it goes hand in hand, good coaches can make players look better, and good players can make coaches look better. Its a good thing that the Patriots went with that proven commodity in Bellicheck when they were looking for a coach. The Falcons and Ravens must be happy they went with proven winners after last season, along with Arizona, and Pittsburgh.

Actually Farve and Homgren both got to Green Bay in '92, and Hasselbeck was drafted in '98 Holmgren's last draft in GB.

SSDD

Tough break for Browns fans.. as Holmgren was signing his new contract he got a papercut and now has a staph infection.

here is another post from schefty's twitter...

"Despite speculation that Mike Shanahan could wind up in Dallas, he will not. Shanahan eyeing other situations, not the Cowboys."

Holmgren will turn them around with these 11 draft picks and the next year or two. Pittsburgh and Baltimore seem to be falling a bit and getting older. Cincinnati may just be the Dolphins of last year, a fluke. If Cleveland turns it around, they can challenge for that spot, ala last year's Dolphins.

I think the Brownies will be alright...time for the other side of the lake to get something done!

Cleveland has Mike Holmgren as President, Buffalo has Russ Brandon. Enough said there.

Cleveland will get a GM picked by MH, Buffalo will get one picked by Russ Brandon.

Cleveland has mangini if MH wants him or someone like Mooch if MH wants to go West Coast Offense; Buffalo has Perry Fewell.