Franchise Tag

swimtoga

on TO? Worth it?

Signing another B-List head coach this offseason: 2 million dollars

Choosing not to sign a competent GM: 0 dollars

The look on T.O.'s face when we slap the franchise tag on him: Priceless

In all honesty, T.O. probably wouldn't mind... he was forced to take a 1 year deal for 6 mil last year, and nobody was beating down his door. The type of coin he'd get from the franchise tag would be far and away more than he'd hope to score anywhere else.

Guest dog14787
I can honestly say there is not one player on this team worth the tag.

I would tag Freddie if we had to because behind a good O-line Fred Jackson could really rack up some yardage in my opinion.

Or how about Jauirus Byrd

Let the man go. He's been a good soldier while in Buffalo and has paid his dues here. Let him go to a real organization that has a chance to win and a QB who can throw a ball to a WR.

He had been a member of three such organizations and it didn't mean anything to him.

This is a perfect and fitting end to his career---cast off to Buffalo...rendered completely insignifcant as the game passed him by.

I don't think there's a franchise tag this offseason. The owners are voiding the CBA, which the franchise tag is part of.

Even if there were a franchise tag, would you want to use it on a wr without anyone to throw it to them? A wr only gets 5-8 touches a game usually.

And, with the probability of bringing in a new regime, is the coach going to want TO on the team?

TO has had a mediocre season, so has our QB, O-line, RBs etc... He hasn't made things any worse and did not cost us that much. We all love Lee Evans and he is having the same mediocre season as TO. And if you go and play at Buffalo and manage to not make things worse...you have been more than successful.

Signing another B-List head coach this offseason: 2 million dollars

Choosing not to sign a competent GM: 0 dollars

The look on T.O.'s face when we slap the franchise tag on him: Priceless

In all honesty, T.O. probably wouldn't mind... he was forced to take a 1 year deal for 6 mil last year, and nobody was beating down his door. The type of coin he'd get from the franchise tag would be far and away more than he'd hope to score anywhere else.

hahhahahahahaha