Trent deserves better...

Pozitive51

Really?

Today was a microcosm of his career in Buffalo. He comes in for 3 plays, 2 bad sacks, one pass that didn't cross the LOS, gets injured and is done. Unfortunately, when I think of Trent Edwards that's pretty much what he's done here.

Not buying that. Remember TE as the same guy who had the Bills with a winning record last year until his first concussion. I feel bad for him. Barely protected, horrible OC and HC. Just think he had a fair chance.. yes, he started but with what talent around him players or coaching? I agree with DC Tom - the Bills system or lack of beat everything out of him. Just like Losman and every other QB since Kelly.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? isnt it still possible that tom brady might not be able to lead that team into the playoffs

You are correct; though I do believe you twist my words.

My contention is that Edwards would be a winning QB if given even a remote sense of security behind a competent offensive line.

Bad sacks? He didnt have enough time for the first read to develop! What our front office did to the offensive line this year is ridiculous. Eight starting combinations.. street free agents are being signed on Wednesday and starting on Sunday. This just doesnt happen on other teams. We have had the worst O-line in the NFL with the most inconsistency, to say this hasn't drastically effected the play of our QB is crazy.

We will see -- I wouldnt be surprised if the new coach and front office goes with Edwards next year. I think he is respected around the league and football people know he hasnt had a chance this past year.

Trent's last game as a Bill ended when he was in the locker room, looking at his swollen ankle, wondering how the hell his career ended up this way.

I'd have a little more sympathy for him if he actually showed he cared about the Bills and thier fans.

F-e'm!

Goodbye Trent.

Trent's last game as a Bill ended when he was in the locker room, looking at his swollen ankle, wondering how the hell his career ended up this way.

I'd have a little more sympathy for him if he actually showed he cared about the Bills and thier fans.

F-e'm!

Goodbye Trent.

What did you want him to do for you the fan?

Guest dog14787
You are correct; though I do believe you twist my words.

My contention is that Edwards would be a winning QB if given even a remote sense of security behind a competent offensive line.

Other then the penalty Incognito took, the guy looks to hit people and I like him, he's a guy I want protecting my QB simply because he has the physical ability and God given talents to play with the big boys and still get the job done. Add Wood, Levitre and all of the sudden our O-line is looking stout.

Any DC will just throw the kitchen sink at Trent. He'll either check down or take the sack, with about a 50% chance that he'll fumble the ball, and a 33% chance that he'll get hurt. Rinse and repeat. That's all the guy has.

What he does have is the worst O line in the leaugue, a rookie offenssive coordinator that got the job one week before the opener and an over the hill WR that is just waiting to throw him or anybody else under the bus in order to get some attention or more throws.

It seems to me that Fitz has checked down often, taken a lot of sacks, ran for his life and gotten banged up in the process.. the common demoninator is the team. He probably needs to go because this team needs a fresh start... and he deserves better.

Rob Johnson: sack of potatoes.

Drew Bledsoe: sack of potatoes.

JP Losman: sack of potatoes.

Trent Edwards: sack of potatoes and Mr. check down.

Who's left?

Kelly Holcomb: Mr. check down

Ryan Fitzpatrick: Lots of heart little talent.

Doug Flutie: Lots of heart little talent.

Either we can't even stumble onto a good QB or something else is the problem.

Bad sacks? He didnt have enough time for the first read to develop! What our front office did to the offensive line this year is ridiculous. Eight starting combinations.. street free agents are being signed on Wednesday and starting on Sunday. This just doesnt happen on other teams. We have had the worst O-line in the NFL with the most inconsistency, to say this hasn't drastically effected the play of our QB is crazy.

We will see -- I wouldnt be surprised if the new coach and front office goes with Edwards next year. I think he is respected around the league and football people know he hasnt had a chance this past year.

Comment of the year: "We made those changes to the offensive line and WE STAND BY THEM", COO Russ Brandon October 2009, WKBW

Yeah Russ, are you still standing by those changes? Our offense has regressed in 2009 as a consequence

We have seen Losman, Bledsoe, Collins, Johnson and Flutie leave this team in the past decade. I felt all of these QBs had seen their course with the team and we had seen enough. In summary we knew what they were capable of and it was time to move on.

I dont feel the same about Edwards. He is better than his production and has been dragged down because of the support system around him. If he leaves the Bills next year there is very little doubt that he will flourish elsewhere. I dont think he is a Pro Bowler but he is better than 1/2 of the QBs in this league. There are many playoff teams that are making it happen with less talented QB's than Edwards. Today's game frames the situation. He sits for four weeks behind a journeyman at best....and gets sacked twice because of a turnstile O-line. If this front office had done NOTHING with last years o-line Edwards would have had a chance to springboard this year.

Edwards deserves far better than this BS.

Bwahahahaha... thanks for providing me with the biggest laugh of the day. This is great stuff!

What he does have is the worst O line in the leaugue, a rookie offenssive coordinator that got the job one week before the opener and an over the hill WR that is just waiting to throw him or anybody else under the bus in order to get some attention or more throws.

It seems to me that Fitz has checked down often, taken a lot of sacks, ran for his life and gotten banged up in the process.. the common demoninator is the team. He probably needs to go because this team needs a fresh start... and he deserves better.

Miami gives LT Jake Long a big time $$$ contract to lock him up for the long term. Bill Parcells know the value of a LT.

We boot our Pro-Bowl LT out of town and have no valid replacement.

And we blow up our O-line

Brilliant. Russ Brandon, Dick Jauron, and Decision-making by Committee, Thank you! ;)

Winning would be nice. Acting like you care about winning would be better. Acting like you care how the Bills fans feel about winning would be the best.

Oh give me a break. Really a professional player doesn't care about winning? Yeah, he doesn't care about his job or those who support his work. And blaming winning totally on him is utterly dumb.

Edwards gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to suck at his job...

where do I sign up?

You want Edwards job because he sucks??

Forget Edwards and his hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Take Aaron Maybin instead. You get $5M a year -- far more than Edwards. And you get the opportunity to get an offside penalty on a recovered onside kick return, that nullifies any comeback opportunity by your team.

Way to go first round draft pick! Showin' us LOTSA promise on the field

Oh give me a break. Really a professional player doesn't care about winning? Yeah, he doesn't care about his job or those who support his work. And blaming winning totally on him is utterly dumb.

He never made the players around him better. That's a sign of a good QB and a winner. He was neither.

And don't use "Really" so often. It's cliche and utterly dumb.

What a profound comment. We're blown away by your brainpower.

Uh oh... Another Trent apologist!! They're popping up out of the woodwork!! No DC in the league respects Trentative Edwards and his abilities (or lack thereof). Stop trying to make excuses as to why he can't get the job done, you're making a fool out of yourself on a message board. ;)

He never made the players around him better. That's a sign of a good QB and a winner. He was neither.

And don't use "Really" so often. It's cliche and utterly dumb.

Yes, you're right, Trent couldn't make the Offensive Line better than him.

Trent could have done far more to improve the play of Kirk Chambers and also to prevent Demetrius Bell from taking so many false start penalties.

Trent, you deserve ALL the blame for not making the Offensive Line around you better.

It's all your fault Trent