Random thoughts and predictions

PushthePile

-The Bills should think about going after Jason Campbell. I'm being serious too. He is the best QB that will be available in free agency this offseason. He is still young enough to have a fraction of upside but experienced enough to be an immediate starter. I have no illusions that Campbell is the future of the Bills but he could be a decent stopgap. I know all about his struggles but he has looked better at times this season. He is also experienced at playing behind a terrible o-line, with terrible coaching, and terrible weapons. Sounds perfect! Bring in Campbell, a rookie, Edwards, Fitzy, and Brohm to compete at training camp. Before you say no, review the other options. Pennington's career is a ?

-Terrell Owens hasn't lost a step, he isn't washed up, and he isn't dogging it on the field. When given the opportunity to showcase his abilities here, he has shown every bit of explosiveness he has always had. The guy is still a freak and rabid about his conditioning. In open space he is difficult to tackle and still breaks away from defenders with speed. Obviously his hands are suspect at times but that's nothing new. Our only elite player. He could have had a TO type season.

-The Patsies won't win the AFC east next year. That defense is in a shambles. They can't get to the QB and the secondary is terrible. I have a strange feeling Randy Moss is not through being a distraction either. Couldn't happen to a better team. :lol:

-The Philadelphia Eagles are going to the superbowl. Just calling my shot early! :lol: It's all about how you perform under pressure and Mcnabbs healthy. They are a team that plays to the level of their competition. It isn't a good trait but it works in the postseason.

-I don't care if our next coach has a superbowl ring or not. It doesn't matter if he has NFL head coaching experience. I want a guy that has a PLAN and an attitude to go along with it. The team hasn't had a dominant leader in along time. From the outside looking in, I think alot of the personalities on this team would respond to a Singeltary type. The 49ers play with a fire in their belly. That is fun to watch and his attitude is reflected through them.

-Let's hear your most random thoughts. I just admitted to wanting Campbell! Beat that

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-The Bills should think about going after Jason Campbell. I'm being serious too. He is the best QB that will be available in free agency this offseason. He is still young enough to have a fraction of upside but experienced enough to be an immediate starter. I have no illusions that Campbell is the future of the Bills but he could be a decent stopgap. I know all about his struggles but he has looked better at times this season. He is also experienced at playing behind a terrible o-line, with terrible coaching, and terrible weapons. Sounds perfect! Bring in Campbell, a rookie, Edwards, Fitzy, and Brohm to compete at training camp. Before you say no, review the other options. Pennington's career is a ?

-Terrell Owens hasn't lost a step, he isn't washed up, and he isn't dogging it on the field. When given the opportunity to showcase his abilities here, he has shown every bit of explosiveness he has always had. The guy is still a freak and rabid about his conditioning. In open space he is difficult to tackle and still breaks away from defenders with speed. Obviously his hands are suspect at times but that's nothing new. Our only elite player. He could have had a TO type season.

-The Patsies won't win the AFC east next year. That defense is in a shambles. They can't get to the QB and the secondary is terrible. I have a strange feeling Randy Moss is not through being a distraction either. Couldn't happen to a better team. :lol:

-The Philadelphia Eagles are going to the superbowl. Just calling my shot early! :lol: It's all about how you perform under pressure and Mcnabbs healthy. They are a team that plays to the level of their competition. It isn't a good trait but it works in the postseason.

-I don't care if our next coach has a superbowl ring or not. It doesn't matter if he has NFL head coaching experience. I want a guy that has a PLAN and an attitude to go along with it. The team hasn't had a dominant leader in along time. From the outside looking in, I think alot of the personalities on this team would respond to a Singeltary type. The 49ers play with a fire in their belly. That is fun to watch and his attitude is reflected through them.

-

i totally agree with your last point. Super bowl winning coaches tend not to be nearly as infallible as we would like. How many coaches can you name who won rings on more than one team? Not a lot out there. On top of that all the new hot shots are non-names. Folks would lose their minds if Ralph picked up an unproven Sean Payton type--but I'm all in favor of grabbing some ambitious young hot shot with something to prove.

Jason Campbell though? I don't know about that one.

i totally agree with your last point. Super bowl winning coaches tend not to be nearly as infallible as we would like. How many coaches can you name who won rings on more than one team? Not a lot out there. On top of that all the new hot shots are non-names. Folks would lose their minds if Ralph picked up an unproven Sean Payton type--but I'm all in favor of grabbing some ambitious young hot shot with something to prove.

Lol, I know the Campbell thing is tough to embrace.

I think the only thing keeping the Pats competitive is Brady and Welker. I honestly believe that the if you removed the QB position, the Bills would be a better team than the Pats this year.

Unfortunately, if you have a very good QB you are at a bigger advantage than at any time in the history of football. And just look at the records from this decade - Manning several times nearly going undefeated, Brady going undefeated sans 1, Brees and Manning heading in that direction this year; touchdown and points records.

It's no longer a run and stop the run league, it has been made into a pass and stop the pass league.

Lol, I know the Campbell thing is tough to embrace.

Rather than a stop gap, I think that Jason Campbell could be our long-term answer at QB -- thus allowing us to go LT and then LB in the draft.

Watching Campbell play is like viewing a dilapidated house. Strip away the cobwebs and imagine it with a fresh coat of paint. He has a poor line, questionable receivers and a revolving door of offensive coordinators. But he has ability.

I think the only thing keeping the Pats competitive is Brady and Welker. I honestly believe that the if you removed the QB position, the Bills would be a better team than the Pats this year.

Unfortunately, if you have a very good QB you are at a bigger advantage than at any time in the history of football. And just look at the records from this decade - Manning several times nearly going undefeated, Brady going undefeated sans 1, Brees and Manning heading in that direction this year; touchdown and points records.

It's n o longer a run and stop the run league, it has been made into a pass and stop the pass league.

Great post. The rules have changed the way the game is played. I also agree with your observation about the Patriots. Brady to Welker is still pretty damn good but the team as whole is a far cry from where it's been.

Rather than a stop gap, I think that Jason Campbell could be our long-term answer at QB -- thus allowing us to go LT and then LB in the draft.

Watching Campbell play is like viewing a dilapidated house. Strip away the cobwebs and imagine it with a fresh coat of paint. He has a poor line, questionable receivers and a revolving door of offensive coordinators. But he has ability.

I think Campbell has that potential too. I'm glad to see you and other posters above have an open mind towards Campbell. He has had his fair share of criticism, especially playing for a bad Washington team but a new situation could do wonders. Worth a chance, IMO.

I'll give you a million dollars if you can name a head coach that won more than 1 super bowl as a head coach for 2 different teams...

Sounds a lot like the Bills.

I think Campbell has that potential too. I'm glad to see you and other posters above have an open mind towards Campbell. He has had his fair share of criticism, especially playing for a bad Washington team but a new situation could do wonders. Worth a chance, IMO.

Terrific one more if he was in Buffalo he would be a great player idea.

Why do Bills fans always aspire to others castoffs?

I'll give you a million dollars if you can name a head coach that won more than 1 super bowl as a head coach for 2 different teams...

Tom Flores won a SuperBowl with the Oakland Raiders, and then with the Los Angeles Raiders.. Do I get partial credit? Heh.

Terrific one more if he was in Buffalo he would be a great player idea.

Why do Bills fans always aspire to others castoffs?

Nobody said he would be great in Buffalo. What QB free agent isn't going to be a castoff? This team needs to bring in a handful of QBs to compete. Perhaps, you know of a surefire starter we can plug into the starting lineup for the next ten years. Enlighten us Jimmy, you never hesitate to shoot down others ideas.

-The Patsies won't win the AFC east next year. That defense is in a shambles. They can't get to the QB and the secondary is terrible. I have a strange feeling Randy Moss is not through being a distraction either. Couldn't happen to a better team. :unsure:

-The Philadelphia Eagles are going to the superbowl. Just calling my shot early! :flirt: It's all about how you perform under pressure and Mcnabbs healthy. They are a team that plays to the level of their competition. It isn't a good trait but it works in the postseason.

-Let's hear your most random thoughts. I just admitted to wanting Campbell! Beat that

I agree except for two points:

TO is no longer an elite WR---by his own choice. There are many more hungrier, more talented young WRs coming up who don't take plays off, who don't act the fool, who are in as good shape as TO. Many here have assumed that TO is always open and our crappy QBs just can't get him the ball. But the truth is that he has been shut down on more than one occasion by single coverage. He has had no effect on our passing offense (despite all manner of grandiose predictions preseason)---still 29th passing. His only significant accomplishment in Buffalo has been to somehow pry $6.5 million from Ralph's arthritic pincers.

Philly is not going to the SB with McNabb again. That already happened once. How does he get by either NO or Minn, two far better teams with better QBs? They have 2 quality wins (both against the struggling Giants), lost to Oakland and squeaked by Wash and Chicago. Don't see it happening.