Say What You Want About Getting a Franchise QB

For a long time I thought that a QB would be the answer as who to pick first. I have been re-thinking that big time. Just imagine what a player like Ndamukong Suh could bring to the Bills defense even for a team that goes without a big name QB. IMO, whoever picks him will start winning immediately at the pro level.

Exhibit A: Bills/Bears debate:

1. The Bears have their "franchise QB" and basically run the same D as the Bills. Cutler is a pretty nice QB, but they still can't win.

2. Bears= 5-8

Bills= 5-8

We all love Suh, but he will be long gone when we draft.

If he isn't, it would be extremely difficult to say no to him, but this is really like the case of the thousands of posters who clamored for MONTHS for us to get Aaron Curry last year when everyone told them from the beginning that he would not be available when we picked.

The only way to get him would be to trade up, and personnel wise, I don't think we can afford it. If Suh ends up being the game changer many feel he can be, it may be worth our #1 and a #2 next year, if we could get a team to bite... I have a feeling that the GMs around the league are just as excited about him as the fans are, so it's not likely....but a guy can dream.

We all love Suh, but he will be long gone when we draft.

If he isn't, it would be extremely difficult to say no to him, but this is really like the case of the thousands of posters who clamored for MONTHS for us to get Aaron Curry last year when everyone told them from the beginning that he would not be available when we picked.

Curry hasn't been anything special, and the Seahawks still suck.

The bills really need a qb, but they are probably too good of a team to be in a position to get one in the draft.

Exactly, If you draft a QB you'll probably need to wait a couple years (unless you get lucky). Better to grab someone like Vick and draft some lineman and a linebackers. Groom Brohm, sp?, for a year and if you don't think he's a keeper then draft a QB next year.

I still want a franchise QB all the way....look at the Chiefs with the DT they took a few years ago in Dorsey. Where is he??

The Chiefs suck!! Yes the Bears stink with Cutler, but that is a special case scenario. Look at the past few Super Bowl winners, all franchise QBs if I recall.

For a long time I thought that a QB would be the answer as who to pick first. I have been re-thinking that big time. Just imagine what a player like Ndamukong Suh could bring to the Bills defense even for a team that goes without a big name QB. IMO, whoever picks him will start winning immediately at the pro level.

Exhibit A: Bills/Bears debate:

1. The Bears have their "franchise QB" and basically run the same D as the Bills. Cutler is a pretty nice QB, but they still can't win.

2. Bears= 5-8

Bills= 5-8

Cutler has never been a franchise QB. He makes terrible decisions with the ball, lacks accuracy, has trouble reading defenses, and has a piss poor attitude. The guy wasn't even very good in Denver, which is absolutely stacked on the offensive side of the ball.

If we have a shot at Suh, we take him, but he will be gone at pick #1 or #2.

We should take a QB if we can. There is a good shot that we can get the #1 or #2 QB in this draft, which would give us a top 5 prospect. Just imagine what our record would be if we had a QB that could get the ball to our receivers. How many times have guys been wide open, but our QB doesn't see them, or he makes a poor throw?

The passing game is by far the most important part of an NFL winner, and we need a QB to have any chance.