QB-----Priority 1 (Up From P2)

DT 4-3------Priority 2

OLB 4-3----Priority 2

OG-----Priority 3 (Down From P2)

DE 4-3------Priority 3

ILB ----Priority 4

OC-----Priority 4

TE-----Priority 4

These priorities for each team are listed here: http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2010.asp

Comments:

--I can only have one "Priority 1" (P1) position. I can submit multiple Priority 2's.

--We gained 200 yards on a bad team. If Clausen-Bradford-Locker is there in RD1, the computer will pick him if we say P1

--I could lower OC as a priority, but we don't yet know how Woods comes through his injury. Same with OG.

--The draft is full of DT's and WR's this year, and a comparatively lower need for them. Do I make WR a priority P4?

--I still think that more push up the middle is needed, so I'd keep DT as a P2. What do you think?

--Should I lower OLB priority based on Scott and Harris's play?

--I'm thinking we're still in the 7 spot for the draft this year, putting us out of the running for Clausen-Suh-Okung-McCoy-Bradford but in the running for Bulaga-Williams-Locker-Dunlap-Spikes.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thinking today is as follows:

OT -----Priority 2 (Down From P1)

DT 4-3------Priority 2

OLB 4-3----Priority 2

DE 4-3------Priority 3

ILB ----Priority 4

OC-----Priority 4

TE-----Priority 4

These priorities for each team are listed here: http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2010.asp

Comments:

--I can only have one "Priority 1" (P1) position. I can submit multiple Priority 2's.

--We gained 200 yards on a bad team. If Clausen-Bradford-Locker is there in RD1, the computer will pick him if we say P1

--I could lower OC as a priority, but we don't yet know how Woods comes through his injury. Same with OG.

--The draft is full of DT's and WR's this year, and a comparatively lower need for them. Do I make WR a priority P4?

--I still think that more push up the middle is needed, so I'd keep DT as a P2. What do you think?

--I'm thinking we're still in the 7 spot for the draft this year, putting us out of the running for Clausen-Suh-Okung-McCoy-Bradford but in the running for Bulaga-Williams-Locker-Dunlap-Spikes.

DT 4-3------Priority 2

OLB 4-3----Priority 2

DE 4-3------Priority 3

ILB ----Priority 4

OC-----Priority 4

TE-----Priority 4

Comments:

Lets fix the o line , how can we even judge a qb behind this mess me have now

I say

ot

ot

dt

lb lb lb lb lb

DT 4-3------Priority 2

OLB 4-3----Priority 2

DE 4-3------Priority 3

ILB ----Priority 4

OC-----Priority 4

TE-----Priority 4

Comments:

DT 4-3------Priority 2

OLB 4-3----Priority 2

DE 4-3------Priority 3

ILB ----Priority 4

OC-----Priority 4

TE-----Priority 4

Comments:

As of right now, McCoy will probably be a mid to late 1st round pick. A lot of people don't like how he has played this season. It's too early to say though. I would not be surprised if Bradford or Clausen slipped to us. There are quite a few bad teams that have drafted their QB already.

Tampa Bay, Oakland, Kansas City, and Detroit will not be drafting QBs. While, Washington, St. Louis, and Cleveland might go for a QB. I doubt Cleveland will, as they haven't really given Brady Quinn enough time to develop. Jason Campbell has been playing well as of late, and I think Washington realizes that they have other needs that they can fill. St. Louis seems like the most likely candidate to draft a QB, as Bulger is making huge money next year, and has underperformed on his contract. I think they will cut Bulger, and draft Clausen or Bradford. They could alternatively stick it out with Bulger, and pick up one of the lesser sung QBs in the second round, and let him sit and learn on the bench.

That leaves us a decent shot at getting the #1 or #2 QB on the board.

But yeah:

QB=1

OT=2

Lets fix the o line , how can we even judge a qb behind this mess me have now

I say

ot

ot

dt

lb lb lb lb lb

You can judge a QB, because there are numerous times within a game where a wide open receiver is either not seen, or a bad pass is thrown. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked the most times in the NFL, but he has a top 5 QB rating, and his team (i think) is 9-4.

DT 4-3------Priority 2

OLB 4-3----Priority 2

DE 4-3------Priority 3

ILB ----Priority 4

OC-----Priority 4

TE-----Priority 4

Comments:

I think WR definately needs to be on the list, perhaps even ahead of DT.

As much as I would like a QB or OT, the truth is that there isn't a QB worth taking in the first round. And, the only OT worth taking, Okung, will be gone by our spot.

We have the worst rushing defense in the league!!! When Jamaal Charles hangs us for 140+ yards, and the team has had 10 straight 100 yard rushing games against it, then DT is priority #1, OT is priority #2, and a veteran QB is what we need to do in free agancy.

Rogers holds the ball longer then any qb in the league ,that said you are right about him. However we are not getting arron rogers type next year .I would rather build a top of the line offensive line then move on to the qb

You can judge a QB, because there are numerous times within a game where a wide open receiver is either not seen, or a bad pass is thrown. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked the most times in the NFL, but he has a top 5 QB rating, and his team (i think) is 9-4.

A couple of comments:

--Gerald McCoy, DT, will go top 7, likely 4th to Detroit.

--Colt McCoy, QB, will go as early as 20 (Jacksonville) or slide to 24 (Seattle) or 27 (Arizona).

I'd be happy to make OT and QB a P2 and thus letting DraftTek's computer pick the BPA.

I can also put in for multiple OT's to be selected, which could be a good solution.

I like the idea of putting WR as a priority in this draft, but can't see putting it higher than Priority 3.

As much as I would like a QB or OT, the truth is that there isn't a QB worth taking in the first round. And, the only OT worth taking, Okung, will be gone by our spot.

We have the worst rushing defense in the league!!! When Jamaal Charles hangs us for 140+ yards, and the team has had 10 straight 100 yard rushing games against it, then DT is priority #1, OT is priority #2, and a veteran QB is what we need to do in free agancy.

Is that why there is a chance there will be 4 QBs taken in the 1st round?

So here's what I'll submit:

OT -----Priority 1, then Change Priority to P4

QB-----Priority 2

DT 4-3------Priority 2

OLB 4-3----Priority 2

OG-----Priority 3

DE 4-3------Priority 3

WR-------Priority 4

ILB ----Priority 4

OC-----Priority 4

TE-----Priority 4

All other positions are called Priority 9.

Astro

Bills Correspondent

http://www.DraftTek.com

I just ran the sim with no changes other than moving QB to P1 and OT to P2.

Colt McCoy in the first round. Ick.

I did it the other way (QB to P2 and OT to P1) and we took Bulaga and Tebow, which I like better...

I can put a Grab in for Dan LeFevour for Round 4-5...and have Tebow, Brohm, and LeFevour fight it out at St. John Fisher!