DraftTek Positional Needs For December

Astrobot

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say DT and LB are both bigger priorities than OG.

No question. And a bigger priority than QB, since there won't be a franchaise QB available at #8-11.

This is the worst team in football at stopping the run...in a division with 3 teams that can all pound the ball. It's not even worth paying attention to anything else they do until they fix the front 7.

A rookie QB isn't going to help next year anyway, so they still need to sign a veteran starter anyway. That means take a shot at one of the 2d or 3d tier guys in a lower round or put it off till next year entirely.

No question. And a bigger priority than QB, since there won't be a franchaise QB available at #8-11.

This is the worst team in football at stopping the run...in a division with 3 teams that can all pound the ball. It's not even worth paying attention to anything else they do until they fix the front 7.

A rookie QB isn't going to help next year anyway, so they still need to sign a veteran starter anyway. That means take a shot at one of the 2d or 3d tier guys in a lower round or put it off till next year entirely.

yeah, i only take Claussen or Bradford in the first and I doubt they'll last to us. I think McCoy and Pike might still be around in the 2nd round. If not then somebody like Canfield or LeFevre later. No reaching or trading up for a qb - just take the value if it's there

Which round can the Bills draft Max Hall?

Hey, murra.

We have him behind Case Keenum and Zac Robinson and ahead of Bill Stull of Pittsburgh, although I like Stull more than Hall. Lots more to see from the QB's in bowls and combine before this gets serious, but right now I'd say late 6th, early 7th Round. Did you see Stull in the Cincinnati game? Great in the first half, then Tony Pike looked like a 3rd Rounder and rallied to win. Did you see Hall in the BYU-TCU?

yeah, i only take Claussen or Bradford in the first and I doubt they'll last to us. I think McCoy and Pike might still be around in the 2nd round. If not then somebody like Canfield or LeFevre later. No reaching or trading up for a qb - just take the value if it's there

With Locker returning to school, I'll bet Clausen goes 1st, then Seattle around 13 has to make a big decision on McCoy/Bradford vs. another position of need. That will pull Jacksonville's chain, as they'll end up around #20 looking for a QB that might not be there. It'll be really interesting if Buffalo wants to trade down to Jax's spot, playing Seattle against them.

With Locker returning to school, I'll bet Clausen goes 1st, then Seattle around 13 has to make a big decision on McCoy/Bradford vs. another position of need. That will pull Jacksonville's chain, as they'll end up around #20 looking for a QB that might not be there. It'll be really interesting if Buffalo wants to trade down to Jax's spot, playing Seattle against them.

the jags have more pressing needs than QB. Garrard is a better qb than at least half the teams field

plus they will draft Tebow regardless

Locker going back to school is changing the playing field, lowering the supply. Jacksonville ranks wide receiver and safety higher than QB, so let's say we're at #7 and Taylor Mays and Brandon LaFell are still on the board. Jacksonville offers their #20, #83, and next year's RD3 for the chance to move up.

Simulating that scenario,

1 Cleveland *Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame P1Grab -18 Reach

2 St Louis *Eric Berry FS Tennessee P2 -1 Reach

3 T-Bay Ndamukong Suh DT43 Nebraska P2 +2 Value

4 Detroit *Gerald McCoy DT43 Oklahoma P1 -3 Reach

5 KCity Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State P2 +3 Value

6 Wash *Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma P1 +2 Value

Jax takes Taylor Mays at #7, then the Bills get:

20 Buffalo Charles Brown OT USC

39 Buffalo Colt McCoy QB Texas

70 Buffalo *Stephen Paea DT43 Oregon State

83 Buffalo Matt Tennant OG Boston College

102 Buffalo *Quan Sturdivant OLB43 North Carolina

This report was produced using Draft Tek's Draft Simulator: http://www.Drafttek.com