Jags fail to sell out again

bigbillsfan12

I met somebody walking to the stadium in JAX a few weeks ago... He siad he grew up in Tonawanda and wnet to see the Bills play at the Rockpile as a child... Grew up a Bills fans. Now that he has been in JAX for sometime and when they got as team, he became a Jags fan. I was in disbelief. Is this even possible? :):lol:

It is like me becoming a Bears fan over a Bills fan. Or a Blackhawks fan over a Sabres fan. BTW, they play each other tonight at the HSBC. :(;)

And the Jaguars are in playoff position, and have been a competitive team for most of their existence. If they slumped like we have that stadium would draw UFL-sized crowds.

A bunch of us in Orlando have rented a bus for a couple of trips to Jacksonville to watch games. (One was a Bills game.) It's a nice stadium in a decent area, and there is even a good tailgating lot. Apparently, there just aren't enough pro football fans there.

The NFL choked the chicken putting a team in Karl Childers's (sp) favorite town.

NFL looked at it like "SUNBELT EXPANSION!!!" :lol:

Most of the rest of the country looked at it like... :) ummm, this is like a swamp, trash-filled, potted meat loving, paper mill smelling dump. But if you still want to think of it as the "sunbelt" go and put a team there.

Jacksonville is an area that made itself look bigger, population wise, by extending the boundaries of the city/metro to something like 40 million square miles... :(

I am surprised the game isn't sold out/televised with them playing Miami. Aren't there a lot of Dolfelon fans in JacksonvillePottedMeat town?

The NFL choked the chicken putting a team in Karl Childers's (sp) favorite town.

NFL looked at it like "SUNBELT EXPANSION!!!" :lol:

Most of the rest of the country looked at it like... :) ummm, this is like a swamp, trash-filled, potted meat loving, paper mill smelling dump. But if you still want to think of it as the "sunbelt" go and put a team there.

Jacksonville is an area that made itself look bigger, population wise, by extending the boundaries of the city/metro to something like 40 million square miles... :(

I am surprised the game isn't sold out/televised with them playing Miami. Aren't there a lot of Dolfelon fans in JacksonvillePottedMeat town?

talk about the kettle calling the (meat-filled) pot black... when you live in a glass house, don't throw stones...

talk about the kettle calling the (meat-filled) pot black... when you live in a glass house, don't throw stones...

Ok, that does it.

You miserable, team-trashing, City-bashing a-hole.

Tell us once and for all why you're on this board, or shut your trap and go find a rats' nest to which you can cozy up.

This is a board for Bills' fans. If you aren't one, then go fly a kite; and if you are one, start acting like it instead of using the forum to insult the team and the locale every chance you get. And then you compound the crime by running like a scared kid and never responding to when you're called out.

Nothing marks someone as a loser more than constantly criticizing others and then never backing up their statements, and you my friend do both consistently.

In closing: say something halfway intelligent or even semi-worth-a-darn, or take your pissy attitude elsewhere; and sorry to the OP for the temporary thread-jacking. Eventually that team will have to sell tickets or be moved.

None of the facts that were stated in the previous posters comment that you quoted could apply to the Bills. If you hate them so much go and root for another team

Ok, that does it.

You miserable, team-trashing, City-bashing a-hole.

Tell us once and for all why you're on this board, or shut your trap and go find a rats' nest to which you can cozy up.

This is a board for Bills' fans. If you aren't one, then go fly a kite; and if you are one, start acting like it instead of using the forum to insult the team and the locale every chance you get. And then you compound the crime by running like a scared kid and never responding to when you're called out.

Nothing marks someone as a loser more than constantly criticizing others and then never backing up their statements, and you my friend do both consistently.

In closing: say something halfway intelligent or even semi-worth-a-darn, or take your pissy attitude elsewhere; and sorry to the OP for the temporary thread-jacking. Eventually that team will have to sell tickets or be moved.

I say..BRAVO to you sir! :rolleyes:

I met a doctor from Jax several months ago, who gets season tickets every year...every year he gives these tickets away to friends and family...he regrets even getting them this year because the tickets he gives away-nobody uses them!

This is unbelievably sad. Even if your not a fan, passing up free tickets to pro football game!?!?!

It really is true that if that Jags have a losing season they will struggle to draw 30,000 to their games!

I am giving us Bills fans some serious kudos for continuing to fill up the Ralph every Sunday in spite of the product we have been seeing!

Buffalo is the reverse, they'll sell out no matter the record.

I wish this was the case. I generally feel proud of our sell-out record, especially this year, and I ridicule other teams that cannot sell out (Jax, Oakland, etc)

However, remember always that we did not sell-out the Greatest Comeback game. Not selling out a playoff game is simply inexcusable, and it is mind-boggling that Buffalo could not sell out this game.

I wish this was the case. I generally feel proud of our sell-out record, especially this year, and I ridicule other teams that cannot sell out (Jax, Oakland, etc)

However, remember always that we did not sell-out the Greatest Comeback game. Not selling out a playoff game is simply inexcusable, and it is mind-boggling that Buffalo could not sell out this game.

I agree. But for the record, Buffalo did sell out that game, just not in time to have the black out lifted.

A bunch of us in Orlando have rented a bus for a couple of trips to Jacksonville to watch games. (One was a Bills game.) It's a nice stadium in a decent area, and there is even a good tailgating lot. Apparently, there just aren't enough pro football fans there.

I Have been too (2) Jax games when I was stationed in Pensacola. One was a Bills game and one was a Colts game. Both games werent sold out and I was amazed at the lack of football IQ from the fans and the atmosphere in the stadium was rather lame. That being said it is a very nice area...staying at the omni at the Landing was alot of fun...lots of bars and restaraunts down there and then getting on the ferry down the river to the stadium was kinda cool. They have a nice deal down there and no one really appreciates it. I expect JAX will be the team that goes to LA. Yeah yeah I know the woner says hes not moving them...but what owner would? Thats his bargaining chip for the best offer possible.

NFL looked at it like "SUNBELT EXPANSION!!!" <_<

Most of the rest of the country looked at it like... :rolleyes: ummm, this is like a swamp, trash-filled, potted meat loving, paper mill smelling dump. But if you still want to think of it as the "sunbelt" go and put a team there.

Jacksonville is an area that made itself look bigger, population wise, by extending the boundaries of the city/metro to something like 40 million square miles... :wallbash:

I would expect there to be a number of Fins fans there for the game. It just goes to show how poorly the Jags are supported.

Just adds more credibility to Buffalo....Jax has a possible playoff team and not only cannot sell out the stadium...they can't get 40k fans in there!!! That is pathetic. It is not like they have a 80k seat stadium and are getting 75k fans.

The fans there just are not interested. Can we move on and they can go to LA and leave the Bills alone and out of the discussion. Or, send the Chargers 60 miles north to LA, move Jax to Toronto if Toronto wants a team and wants the dissolution of the CFL (and someone has the 2+billion to buy the team, pay the 600M to move the team and 1B to build a new stadium)and let the Bills stay in Buffalo.

slightly spoiled fans at that point, and lost badly to the Oilers the previous week and Kelly was injured in that game. It's been a long time (playoffs, division titles, aka Jurassic era) but would think those were reasons contributing to a blackout.

Fans continue to sell out the stadium this decade with minimally good results. Perhaps that changes next year. Oakland is having a real bad go of it ticket-wise. The Raiders had a home game in the past few weeks that had 34k in attendance. 34k for weekend furlough from San Quentin, but still that's a pretty low number.