so much for that 2-4 inch snowstorm

mead107

I have one that my father-in-law just gave me... It is a big Toro 2-stage from about 25 years ago... Toro 521, circa 1985 or so. Still runs like a nice... The electric start works, the cord seems to have to be rewound and the carb may have to be adjusted. I don't know what to do with it since we olny get about 40 inches a snow here a year... Hogs too much of the garage. I just shovel, better exercise.

The only thing is, it is so big, I would not know how to get rid of it and the local places would not take as much for it than if I sold it individually still living in a snow-belt region. :(

But, I have it... If anybody is passing through Illinois with a truck and wants it cheaply they can have it... It has a classic BFLO Sabres sticker on it, it will make anyone fell at "home." :lol: If I do get a another it will be just a small to medium sized thrower.

It looks better than this one, but just like it: Again the cord has to be re-wound, but has an electric start!

This one they want 375! I would take much, much less:

Toro 521 in Minny

In 1984 I bought a 521. Worked great for about 15 years, the last 5 it was losing power. I gave it to my neighbor who found out the carb had loosened. New gasket and works great for him now.

I don't like the guy :)

2 stagers don't come smaller than a 521.

In 1984 I bought a 521. Worked great for about 15 years, the last 5 it was losing power. I gave it to my neighbor who found out the carb had loosened. New gasket and works great for him now.

I don't like the guy :)

2 stagers don't come smaller than a 521.

That is what it sounds like to me too... The thing does shake a lot through the years.

My father years ago (10 years) gave me a big Toro (the biggest they make)... From the late 1970's... So big it tore up my driveway with the old chains if there wasn't snow on it... We just don't get the snow here. Had all the bells and whistles... Walk behind cab, drift bar... The thing was a beast... I could clear the road of ANYTHING...