*Star Players*

Got_Wood

If there was anything positive about signing TO this year, it's that he opened up the possibility of other free agents signing here as well. In this league you have to have stars not only to draw in other players, but to draw in fans... and in turn get nationally televised games. Without that, you have no marketing appeal.

If I were to grade the city of Buffalo, I would give it a D- for marketing itself horribly. One mention of Buffalo to anyone, and the reaction you get is always negative (especially in regard to sports). It's a "frozen tundra". It's "depressing". "No one wants to play there". Negative, negative, negative. Have a little pride Buffalo. Don't tuck your tail and hide. Fight back.

The sports teams are a great way to start building a positive image of a city. Look at what LeBron did for Cleveland. They went from "mistake on the lake", to "Rise Up" and "We are all witnesses". The drafting of Reggie Bush and signing of Drew Brees ignited an entire city decimated by Hurricane Katrina. That city had nothing, but their football team gave them something to root for. Albert Pujols has reinvigorated St. Louis in baseball, Peyton Manning put Indianapolis on the map, Dwight Howard is making people forget who Shaq was in Orlando.

My point... when you have an opportunity to get a potential star on your team, you go get him. You don't wait for him to fall into your lap. If we have a shot at Tebow, we take him. It's not a reach for this team. We don't have the luxury of waiting any longer, or hoping the next star shows up in western New York. Now is the time for risks for this team. That includes any trades or free agent pickups we can get. I would even go as far as to draft Tebow AND sign Mike Vick. Bring it on. We've got nothing to lose.

As soon as you start winning games, the clouds start to clear and light begins to shine through. All the losing and depressing days of the past become a distant memory.

SIR! the "Frozen Tundra" is COINED by us packers! :ph34r: But you have a point. The packers have a similar problem in signing free agents. All the big named star players want the night life and hot girls, and Wisconsin and upstate new york aren't your first choices when Miami, Boston, and NYC are your other options.

When the Packers signed Reggie White (the best free agent pick-up of all time) it was because we offered the most money. Flat out. And when all else is said and done, that's what needs to happen. More money. Luckily the Pack and Bills always sell out our stadiums and have that option available. Unlike Detroit and Minny.

SIR! the "Frozen Tundra" is COINED by us packers! :ph34r: But you have a point. The packers have a similar problem in signing free agents. All the big named star players want the night life and hot girls, and Wisconsin and upstate new york aren't your first choices when Miami, Boston, and NYC are your other options.

When the Packers signed Reggie White (the best free agent pick-up of all time) it was because we offered the most money. Flat out. And when all else is said and done, that's what needs to happen. More money. Luckily the Pack and Bills always sell out our stadiums and have that option available. Unlike Detroit and Minny.

No doubt, Reggie was a huge signing for the Pack. And he did wonders for the franchise for many years. There was a time when Buffalo had one of the highest payroll's in the league. When you're winning, it all doesn't seem to matter. Can't wait for those days to return.

Just curious, here... but, you're a Packer fan lurking on a Bills message board for refernces to the Packers? Seriously, what's up? I find it hard to read this board lately as a Bills fan. How can a non-Bills fan stomach it?

Just curious, here... but, you're a Packer fan lurking on a Bills message board for refernces to the Packers? Seriously, what's up? I find it hard to read this board lately as a Bills fan. How can a non-Bills fan stomach it?

because as a packers fan it is irrevelant and probably quite funny to read some of the things on here. It isn't his team so what does he have to lose or gain by reading it? nothing really its just entertainment. Its harder to read the the things on here as a bills fan it hits closer to home.

because as a packers fan it is irrevelant and probably quite funny to read some of the things on here. It isn't his team so what does he have to lose or gain by reading it? nothing really its just entertainment. Its harder to read the the things on here as a bills fan it hits closer to home.

Good points, but does he cruise message boards from all the bad teams in the league for vague Packer references? Or are we just special?

Seriously, 3irty1, I'm curious.

actually I live near Buffalo, so I'm also a Bills fan. I've always been a Packers fan for life, but once i started going to school near Buffalo, the Bills grew on me.

Excellent. That makes sense. Thanks.

actually I live near Buffalo, so I'm also a Bills fan. I've always been a Packers fan for life, but once i started going to school near Buffalo, the Bills grew on me.

It is kind of like my buddy's situation. Except growing up in the Finger Lakes area, he was a Falcons fan...he moved to Green Bay and is now a packers fan. He also switched to being a Brewers fan in baseball.

For college football however, he is a Michigan fan...so I recently asked, "Benny when are you converting to the Badgers?"

Needless to say, that did not go over so well with him.

Welcome aboard...3irty1!