The Toronto Argos may move out of Skydome

Just Jack

The venue was built for baseball, thats why it sucks for football.

It was meant to be adaptable for football, but the main use was supposed to be for the Jays. Baseball/Football venues are never great for one of the sports cause of the way the 2 fields are shaped

When it was built in the late 80's it was "State of the Art" and revolutionary with its retractable roof. Now, its out dated and many are wanting to see it replaced. It was one of the last venues built before all of the ball fields started to go more "retro" in look

I remember going there in like 1990 or so; whole venue was treated as this amazing "eighth wonder of the wonder" type accomplishment. If I remember the exciting aspect of it was there being a Hard Rock Cafe inside. The 80s...were we ever so young?

I don't think there is demand for an NFL team in Canada. They have their own football league already in place--don't think they're particularly interested in adding mediocre teams from other leagues. It's like the Winnipeg Blue Bombers moving to LA. Who? Exactly

When it was built in the late 80's it was "State of the Art" and revolutionary with its retractable roof. Now, its out dated and many are wanting to see it replaced. It was one of the last venues built before all of the ball fields started to go more "retro" in look

Thats one of those "now, you know you are old" quotes...Skydome...replaced? Damn, I remember going in the early 90s for baseball games with my grandfather, big improvement over Exhibition Stadium. It was brand new and gorgeous. Always thought I'd like to get one of those hotel rooms that overlooks the field someday. To think they are talking about replacing it....I definately feel old.

Thats one of those "now, you know you are old" quotes...Skydome...replaced? Damn, I remember going in the early 90s for baseball games with my grandfather, big improvement over Exhibition Stadium. It was brand new and gorgeous. Always thought I'd like to get one of those hotel rooms that overlooks the field someday. To think they are talking about replacing it....I definately feel old.

Yeah Exhibition Stadium was a cavernous dump, and the Dome was from another world by comparison. But it was so "nice" inside that it really seemed to sterilize the crowd. Fans at the Ex were rowdy, misbehaved, hostile, you name it when the Yankees were in town. I had been to Bills games in the early 80's as well and Bills fans rowdy drunken behavior actually paled by comparison. A lot more fun going to the Ex.

After attending the game Thursday night I will say this: The worst sports venue I've ever attended. Dark, dreary, uncomfortable seats, bad sight lines, bad acoustics. Tons of wasted space in the lower corners. They have the first ten rowns or so of the lower sidelines tarped off, which makes absokutely no sense. The atmosphere at the game was embarrasing. Some fans know what's going on, but most have no clue. At times I almost felt embarrased getgting loud and into the game, because most the people around me weren't even paying attention.

The best was that many fans headed for the exits, just as the Jets were punting the ball to the Bills with 2+ minutes left in the 4th quarter. Either they were phsycic and knew Fitz would throw the pick to Revis, or didn't care enough to see a potentially game winning touchdown in the 4th. Overall though, this was the worst football game I've ever watched.

You clearly werent at the Browns game....im shocked that made ESPN