If we beat the Chefs...

If we do beat the Chefs, will there be an overblown sense of optimism on this board again? Will people actually be thinking we have a chance against the Pats? I hope not. I just want this season to end and hope things are made right at One Bills Drive in the offseason.

I am with you, get it over with already so we can hopefully start the process to improve. Although I am not rooting for it, losing out is the best thing that could happen to this team. We need those higher draft picks

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was all about the playoffs, we had one game to feel like we had a chance and everybody enjoyed it until the game was over, but even as crappy as the game was you can't lie, we thought we had a chance all the way up until the last interception was thrown because we did. This was two teams playing for there playoff lives and the Jets Defense prevailed, after all it is a pretty damn good defense the Jets have.

I want us to keep playing to win, but lets game plan the younger players like Shawn Nelson, Stupar, Hardy, and Johnsons into the action and give them as much on the field game day experience and participation as we can. keep Fred Jackson good and healthy for next season with a bigger dose of Marshawn Lynch, Lynch is still a pup himself in my opinion and needs touches.

Same for the defense, allow Aaron Maybin the start so he can experience first hand how much stronger he needs to be in this league to become successful at the DE position.

I doubt Fewell will see it my way, the fella is playing for his future and I can't say as blame him, but I do hope some thought would be put into getting a bigger dose of players like Hardy and Johnson as we finish out the season.

I agree. They should be getting the younger guys more playing time.

If we do beat the Chefs, will there be an overblown sense of optimism on this board again? Will people actually be thinking we have a chance against the Pats? I hope not. I just want this season to end and hope things are made right at One Bills Drive in the offseason.

Nope. The possibility of winning out the division games got everyone excited. I think we are now officially "playing for pride" (odd phrase I've always thought--is there a lot of pride in being a perennial loser?) with the season being over after last night.

I know it's hard for the black/white, up/down, win/lose crowd on TBD to understand. The people who think that winning is like throwing a switch. But I still think the Bills have been a better team under Fewell. Look, you can't coach ability. If you suck, you are still going to suck for a new coach. But what a coach can do is prepare his team so they are ready to play.

One of the things no one mentions here is that the Bills get fewer penalties under Fewell. Do you know how many penalties the Bills had last night? One. One false start. The Bills had 14 penalties the last time they played the Jets! The Bills averaged 7 penalties a game under Jauron, with three games in double-digits. Under Fewell they have had 10 penaltes in 3 games. (6, 3, 1)

So Fewell, at the very least, is reducing the number of miscues. Again, an inferior player is going to get outplayed, but at least a coach can eliminate the self-inflicted wounds the Bills were known for.

PTR

at this point.... with Fritz we will lose to KC. And bench TO too.

At least Rosco can catch the damn ball and doesn't quit in the 4th qtr

IMO, Brohm, Stevie Johnson, James Hardy and Aaron Maybin should be starting. The season is over with, give time to the newbies to help get them developed.

I don't think there's been an "ovefblown sense of optimism" on this board since the 5-1 start last year. For the most part it's been down right negative. And what difference does it make to you if there are some out there that may be overly optimistic, why do you take it personally?

what???? everytime we win. we think we can win with the big dance.

next week if we beat the chiefs we will think there is still hope. (even though there isnt. we still have to lose against pat, falcons, and indy)

as bills fans, we are pretty lame.

I know it's hard for the black/white, up/down, win/lose crowd on TBD to understand. The people who think that winning is like throwing a switch. But I still think the Bills have been a better team under Fewell. Look, you can't coach ability. If you suck, you are still going to suck for a new coach. But what a coach can do is prepare his team so they are ready to play.

One of the things no one mentions here is that the Bills get fewer penalties under Fewell. Do you know how many penalties the Bills had last night? One. One false start. The Bills had 14 penalties the last time they played the Jets! The Bills averaged 7 penalties a game under Jauron, with three games in double-digits. Under Fewell they have had 10 penaltes in 3 games. (6, 3, 1)

So Fewell, at the very least, is reducing the number of miscues. Again, an inferior player is going to get outplayed, but at least a coach can eliminate the self-inflicted wounds the Bills were known for.

PTR

nice post. and u r right.

• 2 weeks later...