Fitz looked pretty bad last night

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Kelly did play behind that offensive line in 1996, which was just about as bad as this one. The Bills went 10-6, although Kelly had a crappy season.

96 O-line:

John Fina LT, Ruben Brown LG, Kent Hull C, Jerry Ostroski RG, and Glenn Parker RT

Hmmm, I would have to question your logic here, and on the same year Thurman rushes for 1,033 and Darrick Holmes for 571

Why is everyone so willing to give the offensve line a pass? Do they get any blame ever? They were the worst group of Bills by a mile last night and we are arguing about the QB?

PTR

Completely right. jets were flying through that line. Fitz didn't have a second to think back there. There were some plays defenders were in his face practically as soon as the ball got in his hands. Granted Fitz is hardly the greatest QB we've seen, but the dude needs a couple seconds for the receivers to make their moves. The O-Line screwed us last night

His mechanics seemed very poor -- he seems to throw more off of his back foot than any QB I've seen in a long time. He should have had four picks, not one.

Btw, that game should have been a blowout by half time (28-10). The score was not indicative of the play, although I guess it goes to show that good running games get you three and good QBs/WRs get you seven in today's NFL.

He did not have much time either.

96 O-line:

John Fina LT, Ruben Brown LG, Kent Hull C, Jerry Ostroski RG, and Glenn Parker RT

Hmmm, I would have to question your logic here, and on the same year Thurman rushes for 1,033 and Darrick Holmes for 571

While Fina had a good year in 95, he was terrible in 96. I think he was banged up, but in any event he didn't play very well. Ostroski and Parker (who received his walking papers after the season) also were terrible in pass blocking that year, and Hull was literally on his last legs. They gave up 48 sacks that year, and averaged 3.4 yards per attempt rushing (Holmes averaged 3.0 per attempt). Those are terrible numbers. Kelly had 14 TDs and 19 INTs.

Completely right. jets were flying through that line. Fitz didn't have a second to think back there. There were some plays defenders were in his face practically as soon as the ball got in his hands. Granted Fitz is hardly the greatest QB we've seen, but the dude needs a couple seconds for the receivers to make their moves. The O-Line screwed us last night

My point is that people here too often tend to give the QBs a free pass when the line is poor. Fitz was objectively bad regardless of the line play. He made a lot of very poor throws, and some of them stemmed from poor mechanics.

Come on--he wasn't that bad! How could you not notice the unbelievably awful Kellen Clemens??

But still, after Sanchez went down, the Jets simply stopped playing offense. It was almost like their IO was trying to throw the game----and we STILL couldn't beat them!

Believe him, Mr. WEO. He is right. I was at the game, 24 rows behind the Bils bench exactly on the 50. RF really was that bad. Horrible.

You are right Clemens was bad also, but he has an excuse (has not played all year). What's RF's excuse? Want of skill I think is his only excuse.

i have said many times this season: "Regardless of who is quarterback for the Bills this season, they will look like **** behind a line full of rookies and street free agents."

Depending on the severity of Wood's injury, The Bills should look to draft a rookie Tackle/Guard in the first round. Such that the line will look like:

Rookie-Levitre-Handy-Wood-Butler

OR

Free Agent/Bell-Levitre-Handy-Rookie-Butler

OR

Rookie/FA-Levitre-Handy-Butler-Rookie/FA

Regardless, the Bills offensive woes are up front, and can't get much worse unless we have a line of:

Ice-NJ Sue-Buffalo Bildo-BF in Indiana- Mike Williams

I have to agree, that was one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen in watching NFL games for over 35 years. He never is very good, but he was terrible last night. I have never seen Trent Edwards play anywhere near that bad, and that isn't a compliment to Edwards. They should have left him in Canada with the Offensive Line, they were both pathetic.

what????? this was one of the worst qb performances u have ever seen in 35 years????? sanchez threw 5 ints in our last meeting. del homme vs bills was not pretty either. give me a break. fitz threw 1 int and scrambled for his life the rest of the game.

u never saw trent play that bad??? how many times on 3rd and 10 did te throw a 3 yrd pass?

i will take this risk taker any day over a safe checkdown to my rbs all the time qb.

Yeah, Fitz looked pretty bad last night. But he didn't get a lot of help in the way of pass blocking. But the bad passes were back. He's so freakin' inconsistent. The first drive, the pass to Lee was perfect. Then he throws tons of really bad balls.

But what last night showed me is we need an OC. When you're running backs are 19 for 91 yards, why are we passing so much. After that drive where ML had those huge carries, why did we go away from it? Makes no sense. We should have been giving them a steady dose of ML at that point. But no, it's pass pass pass pass. If we had a QB that might be OK, but we don't. ML only had 6 carries for the game. I've been quick to dog ML, but when you gotta go with the hot hand which he had.

im with u here. our play calling sucks.

Cut 'em and get TE back in! :thumbsup:

i really hope u are being sarcastic. te jp rj need to make a band and get the hell outta town!

fitz is the kind of risk taker i am willing to accept right now.

almost all rookie qbs sucks their first 2 years.

i would rather train fitz vs start all over with a rookie qb.

what????? this was one of the worst qb performances u have ever seen in 35 years????? sanchez threw 5 ints in our last meeting. del homme vs bills was not pretty either. give me a break. fitz threw 1 int and scrambled for his life the rest of the game.

u never saw trent play that bad??? how many times on 3rd and 10 did te throw a 3 yrd pass?

i will take this risk taker any day over a safe checkdown to my rbs all the time qb.

Ryan's throws were so bad they could not even be intercepted. Sanchez was the only QB last night who made sound decisions and made good throws.

With respect, I disagree. The line is/was bad. RF was/is worse than the line.

with respect i disagree. if the line was great, they could open lanes for our rbs to have great games. if the line was great, the qb would have enough time disect a secondary. rf is not worse than the line. the line is worse than rf.