(OT) U.S. Marine petition.

PIZ

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to sign this because I think our troops deserve our prayers, support, and thanks for making the sacrfices they do in order to keep us safe. However, this moral quandary has been created by our civilian leaders who unfortunately have not assigned enough troops to do the job they have been ordered to do by those civilian leaders.

I there were enough troops assigned to the task of fighting this "army" of terrorists who do not observe the rules of the nasty business of war, then we could hold the ground where the mosque sits and not have to send our troops back to it to face the same insurgents and wade through booby traps.

Our civilian leaders also had the task of building support for this pre-emptive action which should have rivaled the coalition assembled in the early 90s for Operation Desert Storm. Today's cilvilian leaders have failed utterly in building a coalition which even comes close matching the financial commitment and even more inportant putting their troops lives on the line of the old multilateral coalition.

There are many complex reasons for this failure as the old coalition was reacting to Saddam's occupation of Kuwait and this coalition is acting pre-emptively on Saddam. People can agree or disagree on issues surrounding this decision.

However, once the die is cast and it is clear that our troop are going to take the vast majoirty of coalition casualties in leading the fight, then our civilian leaders have a moral and practical obligation to have our country commit enough troops, spend our tax dollars and join our troops in sacrifice to keep them safe.

It is imaginable that there is some set of facts here that would justify the complete release from custody of the soldier who killed this enemy combatant. However, I think it would be unfair and actually against US soldiers interest for me or any US citizen to presuppose that our soldier was right absent a condsideration of the facts as investigated by a military court of justice (rather than the facts which may be true or may be in error as presented on the internet) I komw that many terorists do not follow any rules of war, but the reaction of the US needs to be to assiduously follow the rules of war we agree to in the face of the terrorists ignoring these rule. Should we sink to the level of the terrorists and say that all rules are off and that this case should be pre-or internet judged rather than using a court hearing we all will lose and our troops will be in more danger.

As I said, I am quite sympathetic to expressing our unbridled support for individual troopers who quite frankly sacrifice for you and me. However, there are two things I endorse doing:

1. I support a US military court of justice looking thoroughly into this case and let the chips fall where they may ranging from return of this trooper full exonerated to his unit to whatever censure including his long-term incarceration if a military court so rules.

2, We are in the thick of war so it is difficult to do, but a full and public review should occur on to what extent our civilian leaders have let down our troops by not providing a sufficient number of boots on the ground to give them maximum possible protection of their lives and actually have them avoid moral traps and issues such as this one.

Guest Idiot American

Yeah let's all support War Crimes! It's becoming the American way!

Now, be a "Good German" and sign the damn petition!

Let me put it simply. If these terrorists found one of our boys wounded behind their lines, would they let him live?

The sickos we are fighting are LUCKY that we normally dont shoot wounded enemies. If one of them makes a move like that towards our troops, I would only expect that soldier to act accordingly.

Guest Idiot American
Ok so booby trapping a dead body is  fighting a "clean" war?

123711[/snapback]

Nope... it sure as hell isn't. Nor is what this soldier did. (Killing an injured, unarmed man.)

I'd love to sign this because I think our troops deserve our prayers, support, and thanks for making the sacrfices they do in order to keep us safe.  However, this moral quandary has been created by our civilian leaders who unfortunately have not assigned enough troops to do the job they have been ordered to do by those civilian leaders.

I there were enough troops assigned to the task of fighting this "army" of terrorists who do not observe the rules of the nasty business of war, then we could hold the ground where the mosque sits and not have to send our troops back to it to face the same insurgents and wade through booby traps.

Our civilian leaders also had the task of building support for this pre-emptive action which should have rivaled the coalition assembled in the early 90s for Operation Desert Storm.  Today's cilvilian leaders have failed utterly in building a coalition which even comes close matching the financial commitment and even more inportant putting their troops lives on the line of the old multilateral coalition.

There are many complex reasons for this failure as the old coalition was reacting to Saddam's occupation of Kuwait and this coalition is acting pre-emptively on Saddam.  People can agree or disagree on issues surrounding this decision.

However, once the die is cast and it is clear that our troop are going to take the vast majoirty of coalition casualties in leading the fight, then our civilian leaders have a moral and practical obligation to have our country commit enough troops, spend our tax dollars and join our troops in sacrifice to keep them safe.

It is imaginable that there is some set of facts here that would justify the complete release from custody of the soldier who killed this enemy combatant.  However, I think it would be unfair and actually against US soldiers interest for me or any US citizen to presuppose that our soldier was right absent a condsideration of the facts as investigated by a military court of justice (rather than the facts which may be true or may be in error as presented on the internet)  I komw that many terorists do not follow any rules of war, but the reaction of the US needs to be to assiduously follow the rules of war we agree to in the face of the terrorists ignoring these rule.  Should we sink to the level of the terrorists and say that all rules are off and that this case should be pre-or internet judged rather than using a court hearing we all will lose and our troops will be in more danger.

As I said, I am quite sympathetic to expressing our unbridled support for individual troopers who quite frankly sacrifice for you and me.  However, there are two things I endorse doing:

1. I support a US military court of justice looking thoroughly into this case and let the chips fall where they may ranging from return of this trooper full exonerated to his unit to whatever censure including his long-term incarceration if a military court so rules.

2, We are in the thick of war so it is difficult to do, but a full and public review should occur on to what extent our civilian leaders have let down our troops by not providing a sufficient number of boots on the ground to give them maximum possible protection of their lives and actually have them avoid moral traps and issues such as this one.

123690[/snapback]

Stick to the point or don't sign. The issue here is that if I shot you in the face while you were protecting your family, I'm pretty damn sure that you're going to take every precaution neccessary to blow my head off the very next day.

Why must everything be over analyzed?

Stick to the point or don't sign. The issue here is that if I shot you in the face while you were protecting your family, I'm pretty damn sure that you're going to take every precaution neccessary to blow my head off the very next day.

Why must everything be over analyzed?

123735[/snapback]

YOU may say that this is being "OVER analyed" due to the fact that you may have a LOW capacity to think about a situation.

I, on the other hand think that this should be "analyzed".

This war is a crock of crap and it's just gonna get worse and worse.

Signed it!!!

This Marine walks into a room and must make a decision within seconds. He doesn't have the LUXURY of ANALYZING this for the next day or 2. It's me or him. Shoot him before he harms you. If the Iraqi guy didn't want to be in this position, he should have cleared out of town 2 weeks ago.

I'd love to sign this because I think our troops deserve our prayers, support, and thanks for making the sacrfices they do in order to keep us safe.  However, this moral quandary has been created by our civilian leaders who unfortunately have not assigned enough troops to do the job they have been ordered to do by those civilian leaders.

Our civilian leaders also had the task of building support for this pre-emptive action which should have rivaled the coalition assembled in the early 90s for Operation Desert Storm.  Today's cilvilian leaders have failed utterly in building a coalition which even comes close matching the financial commitment and even more inportant putting their troops lives on the line of the old multilateral coalition.

There are many complex reasons for this failure as the old coalition was reacting to Saddam's occupation of Kuwait and this coalition is acting pre-emptively on Saddam.  People can agree or disagree on issues surrounding this decision.

It is imaginable that there is some set of facts here that would justify the complete release from custody of the soldier who killed this enemy combatant.  However, I think it would be unfair and actually against US soldiers interest for me or any US citizen to presuppose that our soldier was right absent a condsideration of the facts as investigated by a military court of justice (rather than the facts which may be true or may be in error as presented on the internet)  I komw that many terorists do not follow any rules of war, but the reaction of the US needs to be to assiduously follow the rules of war we agree to in the face of the terrorists ignoring these rule.  Should we sink to the level of the terrorists and say that all rules are off and that this case should be pre-or internet judged rather than using a court hearing we all will lose and our troops will be in more danger.

As I said, I am quite sympathetic to expressing our unbridled support for individual troopers who quite frankly sacrifice for you and me.  However, there are two things I endorse doing:

123690[/snapback]

Your "coalition" statement simply doesn't hold water. We were never going to recruit Russia, France, or China into the coalition fold. Those countries were engaged in a multibillion dollar schemes to control most of Iraq's oil.

Lukoil (Russia) and two Russian government agencies had a 23-year contract to develop Iraq's West Qurna oil field. By the terms of the contract, Lukoil gets half, Iraq one fourth, with the Russian government getting the remaining quarter of the oil field's 667 million tons of crude. Because of UN sanctions, Lukoil was unable to pump.

In September 2001, Saddam announced ANOTHER $40 BILLION deal with the Soviets that would go into effect as soon as the sanctions were lifted.

In February 2002, Foriegn Minister Ivanov stated at the UN that sanctions against Iraq were counter productive. How very curious...

TotalFinaElf (France's largest oil company) had negotiated deals that would have given it control over 25 PERCENT of Iraq's oil reserves (which are known second only to Saudi Arabia). All together, French companies had signed 798 contracts for parts and equipment for the Iraqi oil industry.

China had signed 227 UN-approved contracts to supply oil industry equipment and parts for Iraq with hopes of satisfying their ever growing need for petroleum.

Germany was awarded a contract that would allow them to buy Iraqi oil at $3.00 per barrell above cost (about $2.00 a bbl) in exchange for development and repair engineering.

Hard to believe money comes before doing the right thing, ain't it?

One more thing: The Geneva Convention doesn't apply in the case of this Marine. I can virtually guarantee if he is put before a court of his peers (and they have combat experience), he'll walk away unscathed.

Just like God put all of the plants and animals on this earth for the use of people, God put Americans on earth to do anything they friggin want reagrdless of how bad it looks. And I'm proud to be one.

Once upon a time in the west the American Indians had this place to themselves. They weren't Americans, they weren't even human, they were savages. Then we came over from Europe and slayed them all after we slandered them first. They all sucked EXCEPT for that hot chick John Smith married and later on she got her own Disney flick. We also ran out of names for bravery so we use some Indian names for sports teams. Also see Robert Altman's film Buffalo Bill and the Indians.

Then we didn't like British rule so we terrorists, sh*t I mean insurgents, no I really mean rebels go pissed and threw them out with the help of the (you're not going to believe this) French pussies. We were so proud of ourselves for doing that we even made a holiday called the 4th of July. That also had a movie made about it, but in this version Jeff Goldblum out smarted the aliens because someone named Goldblum has to be smarter than an advanced race from outer space. Just ask Hollywood or watch Lost on TV.

So today, we take over Iraq because they have WMD that could kill us. Except we can't find any. So what, they still suck. In the cleanup some of these Iraqees get on our nerves so we shoot them when we need to. Heck, shoot all of them and let God sort it out was the phrase I was raised on. War crimes don't apply to us and that is why I signed the petition. Plus, I'll sign damn near anything tha has the word t*t in it. It makes it spicy!

And now, time for a song:

Proud To Be An American

by Bill Spooner

I'm proud

to be an American

I'm proud

of the groovy things we've done

There's television, free religion, Rock 'n' roll, Standard Oil,

Times Square, Jimmy Darren, Corey Wells, and Smokey Bear,

price reduction, reconstruction, Peace Corps, and lots more

Culture that we got to lend

I'm proud

to be an American

And I'm proud

Had a great time bein' one

There's your school and my school and both of us in high school,

surfboards, cigarettes, homework, Southern Comfort

Boy's dean was real mean,

Made us keep our locker's clean

Failed nearly every class

Ditchin' was a gas

I'm proud

to be a young American

I'm proud, just think about it

All the far out things that we've begun

There's revolution, constitution, land, sea, and air pollution,

cold wars, hot wars, gas wars, and confrontutions,

constipation, consternation, open hearted palpitations

Muscular Dystrophy

I'm proud to be an American

Because we got department stores

full of cheap guitars

But when Sputnik plays 'em, you just go go go go

I'm proud to be an American--we got two chickens in every garage

And I wish every other kid could be one--in my country, the medium is the massage

'Cause it's impossible to give

Equality and justice to inferior foreigners

too jealous to trust us

Gimme your weak and your homeless

How 'bout checkin' the oil ah, fella?

I'm proud to be an American B)

If the Iraqi guy didn't want to be in this position, he should have cleared out of town 2 weeks ago.

123771[/snapback]

He probably tried.

Did you know that before the Fullujah assault... they only let women and children leave the town? All men between 15 and 55 had to stay within the city.

Liberation me f'ing ass.

He probably tried.

Did you know that before the Fullujah assault... they only let women and children leave the town?  All men between 15 and 55 had to stay within the city.

Liberation me f'ing ass.

123804[/snapback]

Well, that certainly explains why there are fewer than 2500 men accounted for to this point? Apparently the other 300,000 residents of the city who "fled" were either women, children, or decrepit old men. What a ratio!

Idiot.

YOU may say that this is being "OVER analyed" due to the fact that you may have a LOW capacity to think about a situation.

I, on the other hand think that this should be "analyzed".

This war is a crock of crap and it's just gonna get worse and worse.

123758[/snapback]

boy am i glad you are not protecting our country. You see, if you want to "analyze" what happened to a TERRORIST P.O.S., then go ahead......i'll be riding off with the rest of the forces securing our freedom while you cry over this cockroach.

Another thing, this being caught on tape, not the rest of what has/was happened

and still is, sucks micron sized brains like yours right in.

You want to go "investigate" what happened, then go waste valuable time and money doing so for ALL the terrorists that our fine young men and women have exterminated. See ya later. Maybe you think our Marine should have analyzed the Terrorist under the blanket to make sure he was not armed. What's the worst that could happen? A matching bullet in the other cheek or the whole building being blown to bits??

So go now. Be unregistered.