My Meaningless Opinion

R. Rich

Like the post as always!! Thank you.

One little snag, I believe the bomb to Owens was an audible from Fitzy. It was supposed to be a run, but Fitzy audibled out and went for the throat. I am definitely no trying to knit-pick, but I think is unfair for Perry to have that on his resume, and Fitzy's doughnuts to be overlooked.

Again, don't mean to offend, I really enjoy your posts, and I agree with all points and analysis made, especially Whitner. He was huge, and has been very good this year. He may have finally arrived. I am going to duck as the DW-Hate Club is sure to be swooping in any minute.

don't mean to knit pick- but the bomb to Owens was an audible from a different pass play, not a run play.

if you want to be a knit picker, at least get your facts right

carry on

I too was at the game and just got home tonight. What a game. This was really fun.

What stood out most for me was:

Very few penalties. We've been getting killed by this all year, but there were only a few on Sunday. None calling back TDs or critical first downs.

I agree that the run game was much better. I'm sure some of it was due to blocking, but a lot of it was due to Fred. He's clearly the better runner. If we give him the ball 20 times Thursday night he'll gain over 100 and break a few big ones. He was like 15 for 73 and Lynch 3 for 6. Pretty much tells the story there. Fred makes something out of noting. ML usually does not. FEED FRED.

Fitz. Although he got sacked 6 times, he still threw for 248 and only one INT. And he had the 31 yard TD run and the TD pass to TO. Awesome. He also passed a lot better than he has in previous weeks. He had some bad throws. he had Lee open on a long one that would have been a TD but underthrew him terribly. But there were less of the bad throws. he also completes many 10 - 15 yard passes. You gotta get some big chunks sometimes to sustain drives. All in all super job.

TO. Get him involved in the game early and often and he comes up big. No drops in the last 2 games.

Coaching. The 56 yard FG was a gutsy as heck call. I had serious doubts about that espcially after Lindell missed from 42 in the first half at the other end. My wife said it was with the wind and he could make it. I'll be darned if she and Perry weren't right. If he had missed, Fish take over on the 46 and the outcome could have been different. I also loved going with Fred becuase he's been doing better and looking better in practice instead of the assisnine split carry thing Dick liked to do.

Defense. Solid effort. We got more 3 and outs and stops than I've seen in quite some time. And the picks. WOW. The Bills defense are some serious ball hawks.

Roscoe. He got a a nice 10 or so yard return that got us into position to get that long FG. I'm glad to see him back out of the Dick dog house and once again returning punts. Now if we'd just do that TO end around a couple of times in the first half and then in the second half make it a double reverse to Rocose, we might have something!

Great job Bills.

Looking forward to the Jets game.

Go BILLS !!

don't mean to nitpick...but it's nit knot knit.

carry on

I was trying to convey that I was not trying to offend, since that is a major objective most of the time. I thought it was interesting that the throw to TO was Fitzy's call. I was incorrect about the spelling of the nitpick, as has been kindly pointed out...twice, and the play call. I had received the info second hand, and should have done the research myself. I just hope I don't lose my job at the Tribune over this.

Also, I apologize to the OP for his thread being cluttered with a bunch of worthless posts about my incorrect spelling of nitpick. I also apologize to other readers that came looking for pertinent information about the Bills, and were forced to skim over multiple posts about a typo. Unfortunately, that is the case with many threads, but that is the price you pay when you are surrounded by the best and the brightest...and so it goes.

You do a fine job every week, and I did not mean to disrupt what had started out as a good discussion. I am excited to read your post tomorrow, informing us what your views were about us ripping Rex Ryan (is he still "genius" status?) and his J-E-T-S to pieces, and with is being Friday, my editor should be in to avoid another travesty of the Queen's English.