Media Influence

How much influence do you think the press has on coaches when deciding what team they will coach for next? If something like this has already been posted then please delete this topic and accept my apology.

It depends what city you are talking about and if said coach is an egomaniac or not. If you're talking about an ego driven coach and New York or Boston or someone a little more subdued and somewhere like Buffalo or Boise, it's not going to matter. Interchange those coaches and cities and it probably does factor in somewhat but probably not enough to have it become a deal breaker.

How much influence do you think the press has on coaches when deciding what team they will coach for next? If something like this has already been posted then please delete this topic and accept my apology.

I see one factor that may be a detriment to our coaching search, as far as media is concerned.

Schlep and Bullfrog...if a HC candidate likes to listen to sports radio, we're f#@ked.

Seriously, in market like Buffalo, the attraction may seen to be out of the spotlight, nationally anyway. To deal with the local media, it would be interesting to see how they stack up against a few other teams in that area.