What we Need this week

Numark

It is always fun to pretend we can make the playoffs. So here are the lsit of games that we need specific outcomes from

• Bills over Jets
  • Raiders over Steelers
  • Colts over Titans
  • Chiefs over broncos
  • Texans over Jags
  • Packers over Ravens
  • Dolphins / Patriots (Don't know who to root for. If you are hoping for the division, root for dolphins, if you are aiming only for wildcard, root for pats)

And of course. Root for other division leaderss to keep winning (Bengals over Lions and Chargers over Browns)

Guest dog14787
It is always fun to pretend we can make the playoffs. So here are the lsit of games that we need specific outcomes from

• Bills over Jets
  • Raiders over Steelers
  • Colts over Titans
  • Chiefs over broncos
  • Texans over Jags
  • Packers over Ravens
  • Dolphins / Patriots (Don't know who to root for. If you are hoping for the division, root for dolphins, if you are aiming only for wildcard, root for pats)

And of course. Root for other division leaderss to keep winning (Bengals over Lions and Chargers over Browns)

I'm with you on this, lets beat the Jets and hope the rest of the games go our way. :D

Wild card is impossible. It just is. Only thing we can do is hope the Pats split, and the Bills take em down in their Week 15 game. Playoff picture is almost impossible, with us needing 5 wins, and Patriot losses to Jacksonville, Us, and either the dolphins, panthers, texans.

I'm onboard, but I am still too 'trentative' in putting all of my faith in this team. They're different under Fewell, and Sanchez is a friend of opposing secondaries, and there will be no Kris Jenkins, but I am still skeptical of an impending collapse.

Jauron has conditioned me to believe in defeat.

On a side: Does this NOT suck that this game is being played in Toronto?

I'm all for regionalization, and understand that no one would go to see the Bills play the Lions, but do divisional games have to be the ones going north of the border?

Guest dog14787
I'm onboard, but I am still too 'trentative' in putting all of my faith in this team. They're different under Fewell, and Sanchez is a friend of opposing secondaries, but I am still skeptical of an impending collapse.

I'm all for regionalization, and understand that no one would go to see the Bills play the Lions, but do divisional games have to be the ones going north of the border?

Its possible they tried to pick an opponent that could draw as many local fans as possible.

After the Dophins game and the way the 12th man came threw in that game it does kind of suck.

I like that hope is not lost, but I have been Jauroned, and am waiting for failure. If we could make week 15 atleast interesting that would be great. All those games look liek they should finish that way with the exception of KC over Denver. That wont happen. And if we need to NE to lose to Miami, I highly doubt that as well.

Guest dog14787
I like that hope is not lost, but I have been Jauroned, and am waiting for failure. If we could make week 15 atleast interesting that would be great. All those games look liek they should finish that way with the exception of KC over Denver. That wont happen. And if we need to NE to lose to Miami, I highly doubt that as well.

Its going to be tough stopping Denver, no doubt. There's talk of adding a couple more teams to the playoff format after this year and I hope it gets done because it would only help ownership and make the games much more interesting towards the end of the season.

All of the sudden 8-8 and even 7-9 could get your team tickets into the playoffs.

Its possible they tried to pick an opponent that could draw as many local fans as possible.

After the Dophins game and the way the 12th man came threw in that game it does kind of suck.

Let's be honest: the ticket prices are outrageous for those games. I don't fault the hard-working 12th man of WNY for not going. I do certainly fault the casual Toronto fan who seems to find it in their ability to come to WNY for a Bills game and create enough havoc at the stadium to get arrested, but then can't seem to muster the cojones to wear not only the appropriate gear (Bills jerseys), but to support the Bills and stop using it as some NFL-promoting, foreign country game.

Living in NY City, alot of those people fart hundred dollar bills, and can afford a weekend trip to Toronto. I have a sinking suspicion that this will be a Jets "home" game again.

I'm onboard, but I am still too 'trentative' in putting all of my faith in this team. They're different under Fewell, and Sanchez is a friend of opposing secondaries, and there will be no Kris Jenkins, but I am still skeptical of an impending collapse.

Personally, after being part of the 'Escape from New York' scene in the RWS lots at last season's MNF game against the Browns - and the drunken, animalistic behavior of the Bills fans both outside and inside the stadium - I've lost my appetite for home night games, and wouldn't mind if they never played another at RWS.

Plus, it's gonna start getting awful cold, windy, and snowy in OP after about noon on Thursday...

link

Toronto can have this one - I'll enjoy it from the warm comfort of my couch...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

13 and 7 baby!!! :D

Personally, after being part of the 'Escape from New York' scene in the RWS lots at last season's MNF game against the Browns - and the drunken, animalistic behavior of the Bills fans both outside and inside the stadium - I've lost my appetite for home night games, and wouldn't mind if they never played another at RWS.

Plus, it's gonna start getting awful cold, windy, and snowy in OP after about noon on Thursday...

link

Toronto can have this one - I'll enjoy it from the warm comfort of my couch...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

13 and 7 baby!!! :D

Good point.

When given the choice, and when not being hijacked by the NFL blackout rule, how many fans would brave the elements of RWS in late November- December?

I completely agree with the imbecile behavior that occurs at games. A true deterrent to any family involvement (as if the cost was not enough).

But there is something truly depressing when an important, prime time, divisional game for a resurgent team is being played in the neutral confines of a foreign country.

For me, I am really happy seeing the changed attitude in the interim HC and players. I don't expect them to run the table and I don't expect them to make the playoffs. But when they go out there and play their butts off, that sure as hell makes me proud of this organization again. As long as they go out there and give it everything they've got, I'm a happy camper for the rest of this season.

Guest dog14787
The Bills need to focus on kicking the crap out of the Jets this week. Worry about next week next week and worry about the draft at the end of the year. Winning its fun. Let's try to keep doing it.

+1 Yup, lets try to keep doing it. :D

-Bills must go 5-0

-Pats* must go 2-3. One loss must be to the Dolphins.

-Phins and Jets need to lose at least 2 each. Miami must beat NE*.

That would make both the Bills and Pats* 9-7. Buffalo would hold the division record tiebreaker 4-2 vs 3-3. Your Buffalo Bills would be 2009 AFC East champs and host a home playoff game.

Easy.

PTR

Wild card is impossible. It just is. Only thing we can do is hope the Pats split, and the Bills take em down in their Week 15 game. Playoff picture is almost impossible, with us needing 5 wins, and Patriot losses to Jacksonville, Us, and either the dolphins, panthers, texans.

DEN at 7 - 4 is the bully, for one WC spot. Their game 1 good luck win against CIN hurt BUF and other clubs, and CIN's remainng games have little bearing on AFC fortunes. BUF is 1 or 2 games behind the wild card front runners - and two of 'em - PGH/BAL have another game against each other.

Beating the Jets is a "must" win. If they win, they remain alive. You never know.

Lady Luck may shine... :thumbsup:

For me, I am really happy seeing the changed attitude in the interim HC and players. I don't expect them to run the table and I don't expect them to make the playoffs. But when they go out there and play their butts off, that sure as hell makes me proud of this organization again. As long as they go out there and give it everything they've got, I'm a happy camper for the rest of this season.

Good post - I agree 100%. :thumbsup:

Just a thought. Lets pretenend we win the next 4 games(NE will be really tough, and Atlanta in ATL is just as difficult). Assuming the Pats lose as we need them too, week 17 will be a must win for us at home vs Indy. Does Indy playing their back ups become significantly more enticing to them. Not having to worry about NE in the playoffs is to their advantage, and off the top of my head almost clinches a spot in the AFC championship game.

All unlikely but it is a fun game to play