Funny comment on Buff News article re:arrests at the game

Also, by rough count, not including the clubs and suites, there are 130 sections in the stadium, which means that 1 person in every 4 sections gets arrested. That's a pretty low number given the nature of the entire event.

But if they gave the specific sections or areas, I think you would see a higher percentage by area. I've had club seats now for six seasons, and can only remember 1 time in 6 years that security came and took someone out. They weren't being obnoxious, just very drunk.

But if they gave the specific sections or areas, I think you would see a higher percentage by area. I've had club seats now for six seasons, and can only remember 1 time in 6 years that security came and took someone out. They weren't being obnoxious, just very drunk.

My guess would be that the one's plucked out of the stands were probably somewhat grouped together in various sections. I was just trying to make a point that the number of arrests seems pretty low to me considering it was a nice day (from what I could tell on TV from here in Orlando) and it was a "rivalry" game.

I know when I had my season tickets in the 80's and 90's, there were still a fair number of arrests going on. I really didn't think it was newsworthy then, and it still isn't now. There are always going to be a small percentage of people gumming up the works, just add alcohol and it's second nature for some people, myself included when I was a young punk. The fact that there are a high number of Canucks in that number doesn't surprise me either. They have always been (for the most part) belligerent at any event on this side of the Niagara (see Ellicotville or a Sabres game). If the news feels it has to print some sort of negative piece about the game, lets see them do an article on the number of car burglaries and things of that nature going on. That will get censorred immediately.

I like how they mention the numbers change because of a blowout, weather, or The Raiders.

The sad thing about it is it's true. The one game that sticks out to me was a SUN night Raiders game I went to. There were literally 5 fights in my section alone. If course the only ones that got thrown out were the Raider fans.

Thanks for the lecture dad, but just pointing out the math and i qouted the guy above me saying yea what he said. Notice the lack of a percentage sign. Thank you for instilling your wisdom though, guess my doctorate in mathematics doesnt mean anything.

Maybe you should go back to school for doctorates in grammar, spelling and making yourself clear.

Also who the police choose to charge is a consideration in the stats. I was at a game last season with a large group of friends. After the game 2 of them thought it would be a good idea to take a wizz just outside the stadium (In clear view of people I might add) The cops came up and grabbed them both. Only one was charged, he was from Ontario, they let the other guy go, he was from Orchard Park. I was standing right there, they both committed the same crime.

Also who the police choose to charge is a consideration in the stats. I was at a game last season with a large group of friends. After the game 2 of them thought it would be a good idea to take a wizz just outside the stadium (In clear view of people I might add) The cops came up and grabbed them both. Only one was charged, he was from Ontario, they let the other guy go, he was from Orchard Park. I was standing right there, they both committed the same crime.

In the policeman's defense the guy from Ontario must have exposed more of himself to the public when he squatted to pee.

Interesting tidbit in the BNews comment section on the statistics:

Let me get this straight. Out of 70,000 plus people at each Bills game, the average number facing charges is 30-35. My calculator says that's a percentage of .0005. There are 212 state legislators and at least a dozen are facing criminal or civil charges. That's a full 6 percent. Attending a Bills game appears safer than dealing with our state legislators. It doesn't appear that the number of arrests at Bills games is newsworthy.

The .0005% is pretty interesting considering it is probably around the same percentage of people who get caught for speeding on the interstates compared to the number of drivers. It is ridiculous that this is even that newsworthy unless there is an underlying reason why the BNews feels it has to make room for this in the paper(crap sells).

Also, by rough count, not including the clubs and suites, there are 130 sections in the stadium, which means that 1 person in every 4 sections gets arrested. That's a pretty low number given the nature of the entire event.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR! Excellent post...whoever compared Bills Fans to lowlifes deserves a virtual flogging.

;)

(I'd tip my hot to you but there's no such emoticon here)

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR! Excellent post...whoever compared Bills Fans to lowlifes deserves a virtual flogging.

:censored:

(I'd tip my hot to you but there's no such emoticon here)

Thanks!

As I attempted to point out in a follow up post, the basis of the article isn't newsworthy to anyone except the few readers of the BNews that get off seeing this crapola that occurs at an outdoor sporting event. Arrests for virtually anything conceivable are going to happen at any outdoor event, except the snobs at a Shakespeare in the Park event.

I live in between Orlando and Daytona and Daytona holds two large outdoor auto events every year, two large bike events and two large spring break events (one for everyone and one for blacks)(B word session on PPP another time). The Orlando and Daytona newspapers don't report about arrests at any of them except the BCR (black college reunion) event. There is obviously a reason they feel compelled to report on it, same as the Bills, but what that reason is, it's a head scratcher. It's not newsworthy unless they think by reporting about it, it won't happen again.

It's an outdoor event with large groups of people, many of which are intoxicating themselves. Big deal, so what, move on and find something more useful to put into print.