Time Warner-NFL Network Bills-Jets Game

cuse

Yes, I can be serious. And please don't attempt to put your words into my mouth.

Your straw man aside - why doesn't the NFL agree to a sports tier charge for those T-W customers who want the extra NFL content? Seems to be a very simple solution...

The NFL will not agree to it because as been said, they want to be on BASIC for the exposure.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have direct TV but the problem with that in the 'Cuse is that the time warner sports channel has all the SU stuff. To get NFL network and be able to see all the SU games, I need both.

In Fla, I get Sunshine Sports & Fox sports on Direct TV. You can't get the local sports channel from Direct TV?

The NFL will not agree to it because as been said, they want to be on BASIC for the exposure.

If they want to be on the basic tier then they need to lower the price they want for each subscriber. :rolleyes: A-holes!

I called WROC and they can't carry the game. Black us out but don't include us in the un-blacked games in local markets. Man 'o man I hate the NFL FO.

I think this is all a moot point...if the game doesn't sell out...it won't be on in Buffalo...TW or no TW

I'm not sure if a sellout will guarantee that. At the beginning of the season they announced all of the games had been sold out. The NFL Network may have exclusive rights.

What about the Cuse' and Rochester?

Dish network carries that channel in SD and HD, but requires at least the "Classic Silver (HD)" tier.

Or find a bar or a friend that has that tier or has the channel on DirecTV :rolleyes:

And feel free to B word about the greedy blood sucking NFL !@#$s, I do :P

The Black out rule is on point for one reason if you want to watch the game so damn badly just go to the damn thing seeing that it cant be any more than a hour drive you might even buy the ticket that sells the game out. The nfl network is the problem because they can not strike a deal with most cable providers. I will be going to the bar thursday.

In this case actually it is a 3 hour drive for me to Toronto, on a good day. And this is on a work day for me. But even for "true" home games, people in Cuse have at least a 2 hour drive to the Ralph. And as much as I like the tailgate experience, the game experience is not something I enjoy. I'd much rather watch the game with my kids without some drunken !@#$ spilling beer on us or shouting obscenities at the top of his/her lungs the entire game. I don't mind the game being a "adult" (if you can call it that) experience, just don't punish me and my family because it is that way. All in the name of greed.

I'm sure you all already know that the game will not be televised in the Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo markets by Time Warner. I called Time Warner last night and they informed me the NFL Network has exclusive rights to the game. This means it doesn't matter if you are in the primary or secondary market, & if you do not have a cable provider that has the NFL network you will not see this game. THIS SUCKS AND I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BLAME, THE NFL OR TIME WARNER!!!!!

if the game isn't sold out it a mute point anyway because the game will be blacked out locally

Especially when your tax dollars support the team. :P

Which is why, in a couple of years when my wife retires, we will never relocate to any locality that has an NFL team. Or to a big city/county dripping with school taxes peeled off of the hide of property owners exclusively, for that matter...

If I get a big windfall. i.e. my $4/week spent on the MegaMillion lottery, I shall be reporting in from Singapore. :P