new role for maybin, maybe?

JauronGone

I know its a little early to make a call on Maybin at this point, but im just thinking...

The Bills targted Maybin before they even drafted him as a project that would need time to develop into his body.. and rougly put 20 pounds of muscle on... however that really hasnt transpired yet, and the result is he hardly plays at all, despite the fact that when he's in the game - he really demonstrates the speed we keep hearing about

I think Maybins body is fine the way it is.. hes got a prototypical linebacker body,

The bills should maybe think of dropping him back to a OLB - and looking into the future could use him in a 3-4 and he could be comparable to Demarcus Ware and how Dallas runs their defense.,. big strong OLB who can get pressure on the QB

just a thought - becasue whats happening now isnt working for a 1st round pick

I know its a little early to make a call on Maybin at this point, but im just thinking...

The Bills targted Maybin before they even drafted him as a project that would need time to develop into his body.. and rougly put 20 pounds of muscle on... however that really hasnt transpired yet, and the result is he hardly plays at all, despite the fact that when he's in the game - he really demonstrates the speed we keep hearing about

I think Maybins body is fine the way it is.. hes got a prototypical linebacker body,

The bills should maybe think of dropping him back to a OLB - and looking into the future could use him in a 3-4 and he could be comparable to Demarcus Ware and how Dallas runs their defense.,. big strong OLB who can get pressure on the QB

I wonder why no one has thought of that yet?

Is that you Dick? It's a little too late to come around now...

Man, you might be right about this. I bet this generates a lot of comments from the board. This will be something people are going to want to talk about. Maybin to OLB. I like it. Can't believe nobody has brought this up.

If only they had given him an LBs # instead of a DEs #. Perhaps WGR can cover an argument about how much Maybin should pay (or be paid to switch it does not matter for GR purposes as long as there is an argument to cover).

They paid him based on his draft #. His rookie contract has nothing to do with position.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it:

Aaron Maybin = Erik Flowers

Erik Flowers was selected in the first round of the 2000 NFL Draft by the Buffalo Bills. After an unimpressive rookie season, he earned the starting job in 2001, but was benched after 5 games, and was released during training camp the next year... on September 3, 2003, Flowers joined the St. Louis Rams three months later and played linebacker with them for the next two seasons.

Erik Flowers was selected in the first round of the 2000 NFL Draft by the Buffalo Bills. After an unimpressive rookie season, he earned the starting job in 2001, but was benched after 5 games, and was released during training camp the next year... on September 3, 2003, Flowers joined the St. Louis Rams three months later and played linebacker with them for the next two seasons.

A 270 pound LB huh? Bet that worked out well.

No offense dude but this has been discusses here for roughly a year and I would venture a guess that there is probably over a thousand posts suggesting such.

History in real life does repeat itself, but not so much in the NFL.

Denver converted DE Elvis Dumervil into a LB and Dumervil has 12 sacks so far. Maybe the next coach will do something different with Maybin next year?

I was going to point out the same thing and Dumervil is only 5'11 248 lbs. He was sure looking like a bust before Denver switched over to a 3-4 and now is having a career year. Hopefully we make the switch next year which will allow us to better compete with the teams in our division.