Where should I go on vacation?

Dr. Fong

I will have the week between Christmas and New Year off. I'm trying to find a place to take my six year old for a fun trip. I'd prefer to keep it within an 8 hour drive from Chesapeake, VA. Suggestions?

DC and its museums looks like a nice destination to go with a kid... tons to see, learn and watch ...

Willamsburg/Jamestown is nice but don't forget Yorktown just next door!

DC and its museums looks like a nice destination to go with a kid... tons to see, learn and watch ...

Willamsburg/Jamestown is nice but don't forget Yorktown just next door!

DC is a good idea. See the Capitol Building, White House, Washington Monument, The National Mall, and of course the Smithsonian

Could also take a drive up to Gettysburg and see the battlefield

I will have the week between Christmas and New Year off. I'm trying to find a place to take my six year old for a fun trip. I'd prefer to keep it within an 8 hour drive from Chesapeake, VA. Suggestions?

Couple of suggestions, but both all three prolly pretty pricey that week.

1) If you like winter sports, you could go to Wintergreen as they have a tubing run and plenty for little kids to do for a day and night stay.

2) The Greenbrier in West Va as well. Pretty impressive list of activities here. http://www.greenbrier.com/site/activities-list.aspx I have not been since the new owner took over, but hear it is great again. Looks like there might be a ton a stuff a six year old might like.

3) Know its close, but 6 year olds love the Great Wolf Lodge(as do kids up to about 14)

DC is a good idea. See the Capitol Building, White House, Washington Monument, The National Mall, and of course the Smithsonian

Could also take a drive up to Gettysburg and see the battlefield

Or pop in the White House for a steak dinner