The Buffalo Bills at 4-7 are still barely alive

Guest dog14787

AVP and Ryan Fitzpatrick are really starting to click and when Fitz calls an audible defenses are second guessing themselves now.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is proving to be a good starting QB in this league in my opinion.

We may not need another QB, we might have our guy already.

He looks as if he could at least be a stop gap, while management with a clue comes in and strengthens the OL and the front 7.

Guest dog14787
Get a GM and a new scouting department. Let that guy decide who coaches. I'm liking this kid Mike Caldwell from the Falcons. Local kid with experience under Bill Polian. Made some good moves with the Falcons. Making a HC also the GM is a high-risk move with a poor history of results.

PTR

Its very possible a good GM would come in and say you know what, coaching is secondary to the way player personnel has been mishandled on this football team. How about we hire a good coach(or possibly keep Fewell even) use 7 of the 10 million on the O-line in FA and build a football team the proper way.

Its very possible a good GM would come in and say you know what, coaching is secondary to the way player personnel has been mishandled on this football team. How about we hire a good coach(or possibly keep Fewell even) use 7 of the 10 million on the O-line in FA and build a football team the proper way.

I'd rather see Ralph spend his $50M on a GM, scouts and some good players than bet it all on one coach.

PTR

Guest dog14787
He looks as if he could at least be a stop gap, while management with a clue comes in and strengthens the OL and the front 7.

You were reading my mind Bill, please dear lord, allow our future FO the wisdom to have enough common sense to build a good O-line.

Guest dog14787
I'd rather see Ralph spend his $50M on a GM, scouts and some good players than bet it all on one coach.

PTR

I see the wisdom in it.

It's great that our HC isn't a motionless robot and has motivated this team to play some good football, but at 4-7, we've got a snowballs chance in hell to make the playoffs. Last year, the Pats missed the playoffs with a 11-5 record. We need to be at least 10-6 to have a shot at a wild card spot, so that eliminates us already. Now, if we beat the Pats, then we all have something to be very excited and optimistic about.

While last year was an incredibly rare instance where 11-5 missed the playoffs, as prior to that only a handful of 10-6 teams ever missed the playoffs, I believe that this year is not comparable. Right now the 6th seed in the playoff picture (Pittsburgh) is sitting at 6-5. While there are, perhaps, many more teams in contention than last year, competing for that last spot, there is no way 11-5 does not get in this year. While I agree the Bills chances are highly remote at this point, they do exist, because at best 9-7/10-6 will claim that last spot. With all of the head to head matchups still to come between the log jam at 5-6 or 6-5 right now, there's a reasonable chance 9-7 will get in this year. That being said, the Bills once again are not in good shape for tiebreakers, having lost to Jax, Tenn., and Hou. Within the division, however, their tiebreakers could be favorable as if they run the table they finish 4-2 in the division with a sweep of the Jets. The Pats totally collapsing would be a stretch, but I doubt they win tonight against the Saints. And it's feasible the Dolphins beat them, as they've had their number of late. The bottom line is, the Pats have some tough games left, and they're not unbeatable this year by any means. A couple losses later... ya just never know. At least we're still in contention at this point and the games mean something.

We hire Fewell as HC And I am done with this team as are many. Lets stop drinking the koolaid and make some real changes for once.

As opposed to bringing in coaches with "credentials" whom, with the exception of Cowher (whom thus far have expressed zero interest in coaching here) are only available because their previous teams didn't want them any more?

I would be all for Cowher or Gruden, but other than that, I would far prefer to see Perry Fewell signed as HC. We need to stop looking for the "used to be big things" and start focusing on finding the next big thing. It is more likely that a young, inexperienced coordinator will take a HC job and lead a team to greatness than it is that a washed up has been will come to a floundering organization and return us all to glory.

I'm not saying Fewell as done anything to make me think he is the answer or the next big thing, I'm simply saying that I'm not really fond of hiring coaches who are only available because no other team wants them.

While last year was an incredibly rare instance where 11-5 missed the playoffs, as prior to that only a handful of 10-6 teams ever missed the playoffs, I believe that this year is not comparable. Right now the 6th seed in the playoff picture (Pittsburgh) is sitting at 6-5. While there are, perhaps, many more teams in contention than last year, competing for that last spot, there is no way 11-5 does not get in this year. While I agree the Bills chances are highly remote at this point, they do exist, because at best 9-7/10-6 will claim that last spot. With all of the head to head matchups still to come between the log jam at 5-6 or 6-5 right now, there's a reasonable chance 9-7 will get in this year. That being said, the Bills once again are not in good shape for tiebreakers, having lost to Jax, Tenn., and Hou. Within the division, however, their tiebreakers could be favorable as if they run the table they finish 4-2 in the division with a sweep of the Jets. The Pats totally collapsing would be a stretch, but I doubt they win tonight against the Saints. And it's feasible the Dolphins beat them, as they've had their number of late. The bottom line is, the Pats have some tough games left, and they're not unbeatable this year by any means. A couple losses later... ya just never know. At least we're still in contention at this point and the games mean something.

Good post. I believe we have a better chance of a playoff berth by winning the division due to a Pats collapse than we do of slipping into a wildcard spot. When 9-7 teams make the playoffs, there are almost always several such teams, and of the teams that appear to be in contention for that record, we have lost games head to head against too many.

you can pretty much start throwing dirt on the coffin of this season.

For one, we are considering the possibility of this miserable group of failures to pull off 5 straight games. They still suck.

If they did that, which they wont, they would need so much chaos in the schedule to occur to EVERY team in front of them, like 6 teams... things would have to work out perfectly, which they will not.

We need to continue our desire for a complete blow up of the "organization"

you can pretty much start throwing dirt on the coffin of this season.

For one, we are considering the possibility of this miserable group of failures to pull off 5 straight games. They still suck.

If they did that, which they wont, they would need so much chaos in the schedule to occur to EVERY team in front of them, like 6 teams... things would have to work out perfectly, which they will not.

We need to continue our desire for a complete blow up of the "organization"

Maybe it isn't a group of failures but the fact that they were playing for a FAILURE of a HC. They probably will miss the playoffs, but at least we can think of them as spoilers now under Fewell. Maybe they can keep another team or two out of the playoffs.

Maybe it isn't a group of failures but the fact that they were playing for a FAILURE of a HC. They probably will miss the playoffs, but at least we can think of them as spoilers now under Fewell. Maybe they can keep another team or two out of the playoffs.

True dat... the Ryan Fitzpatrick Experience is fin' to unleash the fury on the JETS in CANADAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Though we won't make the playoffs this year (let's just be realistic for a moment), after the last two weeks under Fewell, I'm now very interested to see how this season winds down. I'm not sold on Fewell as a head coach just yet, but it should be interesting to see how they do in the spoiler role now. Perhaps a strong finish down the line will draw some interest from the big names.

What we need most is a capable GM. Russ Brandon is not a football guy, he's a marketing guy. He does a good job at the marketing, selling tickets, etc. We need someone with a good football background that can come in and reorganize everything so that whoever comes in and takes the helm at HC will be able to concentrate on turning this team around.

AVP and Ryan Fitzpatrick are really starting to click and when Fitz calls an audible defenses are second guessing themselves now.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is proving to be a good starting QB in this league in my opinion.

We may not need another QB, we might have our guy already.

Dog, no offense, grabbing at straws is perfectly allright. But I'm picturing you standing on the deck of the Titanic while she is slowly going down. Then the stern is raised in the air before the final plunge. And you shout "We're saved! The stern is going to stay afloat." Of course, that is probably better than the guy next to you, who might be saying "I knew this ship was going to sink, even before I got on."

Lets not kid ourselves, its going to take some luck and we need help like for instance the 49ers to beat the Jags and the Ravens to beat the Steelers, but its not over with yet, not if we can keep winning football games its not...

Do you think we can win out? If you do, you are very optimistic and that is a good thing.

Guest dog14787
Dog, no offense, grabbing at straws is perfectly allright. But I'm picturing you standing on the deck of the Titanic while she is slowly going down. Then the stern is raised in the air before the final plunge. And you shout "We're saved! The stern is going to stay afloat." Of course, that is probably better than the guy next to you, who might be saying "I knew this ship was going to sink, even before I got on."

I've heard it said myself numerous times here on TSW, its all about finding that special guy that will rise above the occasion and despite all the set backs and all the cards stacked against him, he prevails.

To me that guy has been Ryan Fitpatrick for this Buffalo Bills Football team.

Saved is a little extreme, but how about just seeing a beacon of hope...