So, the Edwards era is over

silvermike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't notice if he got hurt - but it's been all Freddie today. Fewell seems to have a better eye for the talent on the roster.

Eh, I'd like to see Roscoe back on the pine and maybe Maybin playing LB before I give Fewell too much credit on talent evaluation.

Eh, I'd like to see Roscoe back on the pine and maybe Maybin playing LB before I give Fewell too much credit on talent evaluation.

Should have been done at the beginning of the season. A rookie who has been playing DE for this season cannot be expected to kearn a new position and contribute meaningfully in such short a time. Hence, we cannot judge Fewell's personnel judgment based on how he handles Maybin for the rest of this season. I think it is better to finish the season as is and then convert him into a LB in the off-season. We are okay at the DE position but woefully inadequate at LB. One less position to fill in the off-season as Mitchell-Poz-Maybin has good potential. We need to get a lot of OL help in the off-season as a priority.

Should have been done at the beginning of the season. A rookie who has been playing DE for this season cannot be expected to kearn a new position and contribute meaningfully in such short a time. Hence, we cannot judge Fewell's personnel judgment based on how he handles Maybin for the rest of this season. I think it is better to finish the season as is and then convert him into a LB in the off-season. We are okay at the DE position but woefully inadequate at LB. One less position to fill in the off-season as Mitchell-Poz-Maybin has good potential. We need to get a lot of OL help in the off-season as a priority.

That's assuming that we are still running the 4-3. Of course if we do switch to a 3-4 with a new coach there is no possible way in hell that Maybin isn't converted to outside LB.